Habs get 10+ Shots Wooo!!!! #Firetherrien

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
To clarify my thought about MB playing a dangerous game... the way I see it. It's a matter of credibility. I've rarely seen players give up so thoroughly. This is a clear message to MB that they won't suffer any more of their efforts wasted by the current coaching staff. Now, clearly MB disagrees and he sticks up for his coach by asking the players to stay and face the music with the medias. The players can respond one of two ways. If they don't play better than MB's credibility with the room took a huge hit. He would have basically staked his reputation and respect on a lost cause.

Plus, MB has no leadership in the room right now. His leadership is supposedly Gionta but the guy is a mercenary who likely will be gone this summer so I can't believe he'll find much help there. Gionta will try to save face and say the usual cliches but I don't see him going to bat for MB/MT in this situation.

Subban is a guy who can lead on the ice and is well spoken.. but he's young and they've alienated him quite a bit..

Gorges is a bit of a clown.

I just don't see who is going to stand up and back the coach and management and get the team to follow in his footsteps. Plekanec could... maybe but he's a really quiet guy by all accounts.

it's not about credibility... of course GMs will stand by their coach whenever a storm arise. Player response has nothing to do about MB credibility, it's about wether they REALLY want MT gone or they're just having a fit (so to speak). GMs cannot cave in everytime a player (or a few) attitude changes. GM will act accordingly, if players show they're done with MT, MB will have no choice but to replace him, if they give up MB will keep the coach...

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I'm tired of the old school CANADIAN hockey mentality. Montréal always won being à l'affut. We need to get back to it. We need more Russians.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Remember the last time the coach thought one line is enough to win? Its happening again..

What makes you think the coach believes that "one line is enough to win"? Because only one line is producing??? :huh:

I'm pretty sure MT would love the other lines to produce too.

Oh right, you're among those who are blaming the only line that works as if they were responsible for the other lines lack of production...?

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Saw this on habseyesontheprize and it gave me a good chuckle..

"Therrien: Boys, are they booing us?
Gorges: Uh, no, they’re saying "Bou-cher, Bou-cher".
Therrien: Oh, ok……… Wait, that’s much worse"

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

:laugh:

Are they booing us, Smithers?
No sir, they're saying Boooo-urns.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Boucher might be the solution now but 1 year from now we'll be complaining about him too because we have overestimated the abilities of a roster that is quite frankly, quite ordinary. We spends hours on end complaining about DOUGLAS ******* MURRAY. I mean thats the equivalent of complaining about a bruise when you're whole body is bleeding out. Douglas Murray/ Francis Bouillon won't be the reason this team wins in the PO but they sure as hell won't be the main reason we lose too. Where are the supposed leaders? Where are Gorges, DD, Pacioretty, Prust, Briere heck even Subban? Oh yeah, they're hiding behind politically correct, rehearsed phrases to hide the fact that they actually have no idea what's going on, on the ice, as well as how to stop it.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
What makes you think the coach believes that "one line is enough to win"? Because only one line is producing??? :huh:

Oh right, you're among those who are blaming the only line that works as if they were responsible for the other lines lack of production...?

Aw.. Did you feel attacked because you had the impression that DD is about to get criticized? I won't though. My problem is Therrien, not DD.

The coach has been keeping that DD line for months now... Thats an indication that the coach think it good enough to win games because I dont think the coach is that stupid to not realized our 2nd, 3rd and 4th line are not generating anything offensively. We are about dead last at even strength but the coach makes no adjustment to fix that.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Aw.. Did you feel attacked because you feel your little DD is about to get criticized?

The coach has been keeping that DD line for months now... Thats an indication that the coach think it good enough to win games because I dont think the coach is that stupid to not realized our 2nd, 3rd and 4th line are not generating anything offensively. We are about dead last at even strength but the coach makes no adjustment to fix that.

But I think his reasoning is : Don't break the only line that works. It makes sense.

If DD's line stops producing, then I'm pretty sure it will be broken pretty quickly.

Right now, this line should be the least of our worries. I'm much more worried about Eller, Prust, Gionta, Bourque, Brière and the whole defense squad.

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007

Man if we could actually start a Boucher chant at home it would be absolutely priceless.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
But I think his reasoning is : Don't break the only line that works. It makes sense.

If DD's line stops producing, then I'm pretty sure it will be broken pretty quickly.

Right now, this line should be the least of our worries. I'm much more worried about Eller, Prust, Gionta, Bourque, Brière and the whole defense squad.

To be honest, that line isn't really functioning completely. I mean yeah, DD and Pacioretty have been producing, but Gallgher is the equivalent of a third wheel. He'll get his occasional points but he gets stuck doing the dirty work and they rarely pass the puck to him anyways. The EGG line was much more productive in the sense that every member was a strong contributor and they were able to win games singlehandedly- which the Pacio-DD-Gally line has yet to really do as a whole.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
I want Therrien gone as well but MB has done him no favours.

Briere? Murray?

Pathetic.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

How many 5 on 5 goals does this mythical line have this month?

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
To be honest, that line isn't really functioning completely. I mean yeah, DD and Pacioretty have been producing, but Gallgher is the equivalent of a third wheel. He'll get his occasional points but he gets stuck doing the dirty work and they rarely pass the puck to him anyways. The EGG line was much more productive in the sense that every member was a strong contributor and they were able to win games singlehandedly- which the Pacio-DD-Gally line has yet to really do as a whole.

The EGG line worked for a little while, and it stopped producing at some point and when it happened, it was the first difficult stretch of the season.

Then DD's line woke up and gave the team a 10 games winning streak. The recipe did work for a little while. Now his line is still producing, but it's the other lines that are completely disappearing from the scoring sheet. Of course, we could go back to the precious recipe once Galchenyuk returns, since we have nothing to lose at this point. But without Gally, the solution will need to come from a guy like Eller. Much more is expected from him. If not, then we need a trade to get a good winger for him.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Who cares if they are producing, it the other 3 lines doesn't generate anyting. It still give us 1 real working line. That's the same story 2 years ago and we all know what happen.

What is it to lose if we change ALL the lines.. its not like we are winning anyways. As much as I don't like Bourque, Briere and Gionta to an extent, they could way way better. Same for Eller.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Who cares if they are producing. It still give us 1 real working line. That's the same story 2 years ago and we all know what happen.

What is it to lose if we change ALL the lines.. its not like we are winning anyways. As much as I don't like Bourque, Briere and Gionta to an extent, they could way way better. Same for Eller.

Well at this point, I don't care if they change all the lines and try something new. All I'm saying is that I understand the reasoning behind wanting to keep together the only combination that works.

And I don't understand how people can blame the only players that give a s**t, while too many others seem exempt of any criticism.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
To clarify my thought about MB playing a dangerous game... the way I see it. It's a matter of credibility. I've rarely seen players give up so thoroughly. This is a clear message to MB that they won't suffer any more of their efforts wasted by the current coaching staff. Now, clearly MB disagrees and he sticks up for his coach by asking the players to stay and face the music with the medias. The players can respond one of two ways. If they don't play better than MB's credibility with the room took a huge hit. He would have basically staked his reputation and respect on a lost cause.

Plus, MB has no leadership in the room right now. His leadership is supposedly Gionta but the guy is a mercenary who likely will be gone this summer so I can't believe he'll find much help there. Gionta will try to save face and say the usual cliches but I don't see him going to bat for MB/MT in this situation.

Subban is a guy who can lead on the ice and is well spoken.. but he's young and they've alienated him quite a bit..

Gorges is a bit of a clown.

I just don't see who is going to stand up and back the coach and management and get the team to follow in his footsteps. Plekanec could... maybe but he's a really quiet guy by all accounts.

I'm not quite sure this is about sticking up for the coach or GM. Bouncing back to play for them. I think that's a failure to recognize the real problem ; the system.
As long as Therrien keeps endorsing this dump and chase style and resorts to a one offensive line team, we will struggle.
The players can all want to keep Therrien here and be 100% for it, we will still struggle on the ice, at least until Galchenyuk comes back and he helps another line produce a little more.

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
And he better not ****ing sign Markov either! :rant:

You forgot the Emelin contract!

Emelin has taken 10 steps backwards this year. He looks slower, making mental mistakes, bad positioning, losing coverage of his guy etc..His whole game was his shut down D and hitting, and he's useless if he's not bringing that. He hasn't brought that the whole year and now that overpayment on his deal is looking bad. You add in guys like DD/Briere and all these small things make up 1 big mess called the habs.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

Which line is producing again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad