Habs get 10+ Shots Wooo!!!! #Firetherrien

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
He public ally said he wouldn't be making any dumb panic moves though.

Trust me. He will make some trades before/at the deadline and they will be dumb. He will fail miserably to "upgrade" the roster before firing Therrien. This gon be good.:handclap:

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
It's a sad day when Bourque is still in the NHL playing for the Habs of all teams. Does this organization have any pride left in them ? Why do they allow players like this to wear the CH ? It's a disgrace.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Realistically, Bergevin has to side with his coach and exhaust every oppourtunity before canning him. It's unbecoming and unprofessional to just fire a coach after a game - especially when you take a step back and accept that the team is STILL in a playoff position.

Even though you, I and everybody else know that Therrien must get fired, it works a bit differently when it's people's lives and career at stake, y'know?

Exactly. Therrien will be here next year unless things get really bad and we go on like a 20 game losing streak and players demand trades and all that. Bergie will try to give Therrien more than enough rope to hang himself and that's by making a trade or two.

As bad as Therrien is...Bergie owes him a trade or 2 to fix this roster. It's trash and Bergie should be the one to face the media but no one in the media has the stones to ask him the right questions.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Realistically, Bergevin has to side with his coach and exhaust every oppourtunity before canning him. It's unbecoming and unprofessional to just fire a coach after a game - especially when you take a step back and accept that the team is STILL in a playoff position.

Even though you, I and everybody else know that Therrien must get fired, it works a bit differently when it's people's lives and career at stake, y'know?

I'm not saying disavow him and fire him tonight.

But MB could have acted like it was business as usual, just a tough sequence and let MT deal with it. Instead he went into the room and took position by asking all players to stay to answer the media's questions. I am just saying it's a dangerous game to stick with the coach at this juncture if the players have tuned him out completely.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Well, Gainey said that Carbo was his best move, what, 2 weeks before canning him? You never know what can happen.

I honestly don't believe MT will be fired anytime soon, though.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm not sure I can still watch this team with Therrien as the coach. The hockey is horrible and the team doesn't even try, it's pointless.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
Can I get a tl;dr of what's going on? You guys were on fire for most of the beginning of the season.

It goes back to the Roy trade, then the drafting of Kostitsyin instead of Carter, Parise or Getzlaf. Management is turning it around though, through the draft.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
I set my pvr to record the game and a message came across the screen. 'LOL are you sure you want to record this game'?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm not sure I can still watch this team with Therrien as the coach. The hockey is horrible and the team doesn't even try, it's pointless.

Being a Habs fan is saturated in my blood. Watching this once great franchise continue struggling is tough. I am where you are....tough to sit down and watch such a disorganized product. Eller on the wing, Murray playing with Subban, youngsters getting a handful of shifts while watching Bork and Gionta on the ice every shift, just sickening watching a rudderless ship always staying mediocre.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Well, Gainey said that Carbo was his best move, what, 2 weeks before canning him? You never know what can happen.

I honestly don't believe MT will be fired anytime soon, though.
Not every man is as out-of-touch and insane as Sideshow Bob Gainey, however.

void

Jan 5, 2006
So according to Bergevin, the players are the only ones to blame for this mess. Good stuff.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Just a few thoughts after watching tonight's game:

-I highly doubt Therrien is going to be fired this season. You fire the coach when you think he hasn't brought the team to where its supposed to be. While some of us fans might believe that at the core, this team has what it takes with the likes of Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher etc., Bergevin does not see same picture. We are still in a rebuild, even though last season was successful considering the circumstances. No teams goes from 15th to second in the conference, just like that. Last year hid a lot of problems that are resurfacing right now. They go far behind the presence of any coach. To Bergevin, whether it be Therrien or Boucher behind the bench, the team still needs vast improvement.
-Which leads to my next point. Yes firing Therrien may be the right choice when we have a good roster, but a lot of our players are just dead-weight. Bourque is an embarrassment to the legacy this team holds. No effort, no work ethic, nothing. Briere was a mistake from the get-go. He maybe be Quebecois but he doesn't embody anything this franchise stands for. Gionta, thank you for your service over the last 5 years, but with Gauthier gone, you are the last thing left from old management. & the list goes on. Firing the coach is an easy solution. It's hard for some fans to admit the problems are much deeper.
-Last point comes back to Carey Price. I hope he goes to the Olympics and wins that gold. Its a disgrace how the team has played in front of him for the last month. He's tried and tried and at the end of the day, theres nothing more he can do. He's having a career year and were wasting it.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Its a sad day when fans dump on their team when they are down.

Way too much anger here...

There is not one fanbase in Canada that is happy with their team's makeup.

Clearly, losing Galchenyuk has hurt the offence.

That being said... MT should go soon... along with a few of the useless players.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
To clarify my thought about MB playing a dangerous game... the way I see it. It's a matter of credibility. I've rarely seen players give up so thoroughly. This is a clear message to MB that they won't suffer any more of their efforts wasted by the current coaching staff. Now, clearly MB disagrees and he sticks up for his coach by asking the players to stay and face the music with the medias. The players can respond one of two ways. If they don't play better than MB's credibility with the room took a huge hit. He would have basically staked his reputation and respect on a lost cause.

Plus, MB has no leadership in the room right now. His leadership is supposedly Gionta but the guy is a mercenary who likely will be gone this summer so I can't believe he'll find much help there. Gionta will try to save face and say the usual cliches but I don't see him going to bat for MB/MT in this situation.

Subban is a guy who can lead on the ice and is well spoken.. but he's young and they've alienated him quite a bit..

Gorges is a bit of a clown.

I just don't see who is going to stand up and back the coach and management and get the team to follow in his footsteps. Plekanec could... maybe but he's a really quiet guy by all accounts.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
To clarify my thought about MB playing a dangerous game... the way I see it. It's a matter of credibility. I've rarely seen players give up so thoroughly. This is a clear message to MB that they won't suffer any more of their efforts wasted by the current coaching staff. Now, clearly MB disagrees and he sticks up for his coach by asking the players to stay and face the music with the medias. The players can respond one of two ways. If they don't play better than MB's credibility with the room took a huge hit. He would have basically staked his reputation and respect on a lost cause.

Plus, MB has no leadership in the room right now. His leadership is supposedly Gionta but the guy is a mercenary who likely will be gone this summer so I can't believe he'll find much help there. Gionta will try to save face and say the usual cliches but I don't see him going to bat for MB/MT in this situation.

Subban is a guy who can lead on the ice and is well spoken.. but he's young and they've alienated him quite a bit..

I just don't see who is going to stand up and back the coach and management and get the team to follow in his footsteps. Plekanec could... maybe but he's a really quiet guy by all accounts.

Very astute point, NO LEADERSHIP whatsoever.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011

LoL'ed hard at this. :laugh:

Good post. Subban also metaphorically said there needs to be change.

The contract negotiations are going to be a blast: Subban, Markov (getting old, trade or re-sign?), Diaz (getting benched).

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
On radio they said there was a team meeting with players only.

Interesting stuff Philosa was asking DD what's going on on the PP and why they are not shooting and DD responded "it's easier said than done, you can't shoot just for the sake of shooting".

He asked Gorges:"at this point, is it laziness, fatigue, lack of talent what is it?". Gorges said that when you are on a losing streak, it's mental problems, it seems from the outside that we're not trying but everything seems to happen in slowmo for the players.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Just a few thoughts after watching tonight's game:

-I highly doubt Therrien is going to be fired this season. You fire the coach when you think he hasn't brought the team to where its supposed to be. While some of us fans might believe that at the core, this team has what it takes with the likes of Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher etc., Bergevin does not see same picture. We are still in a rebuild, even though last season was successful considering the circumstances. No teams goes from 15th to second in the conference, just like that. Last year hid a lot of problems that are resurfacing right now. They go far behind the presence of any coach. To Bergevin, whether it be Therrien or Boucher behind the bench, the team still needs vast improvement.
-Which leads to my next point. Yes firing Therrien may be the right choice when we have a good roster, but a lot of our players are just dead-weight. Bourque is an embarrassment to the legacy this team holds. No effort, no work ethic, nothing. Briere was a mistake from the get-go. He maybe be Quebecois but he doesn't embody anything this franchise stands for. Gionta, thank you for your service over the last 5 years, but with Gauthier gone, you are the last thing left from old management. & the list goes on. Firing the coach is an easy solution. It's hard for some fans to admit the problems are much deeper.
-Last point comes back to Carey Price. I hope he goes to the Olympics and wins that gold. Its a disgrace how the team has played in front of him for the last month. He's tried and tried and at the end of the day, theres nothing more he can do. He's having a career year and were wasting it.

Very good post. I agree with all of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad