Habs get 10+ Shots Wooo!!!! #Firetherrien

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
It;s really amazing with alomost no power play time and and playing everynight against the opposite best lines and not having the best goalscorer in his line... Add the minutes he spent kiling penalties, being a monster in defense you are totally right bro:
DD is awesome... the best we got! Bet if he'd offered up for a traid (god forbit) Bergevin will get so many offers from all other teams in NHL. But who would trade such an awesome player. He is a keeper, any GM would have to over[ay (mostly will probaby) to obtain David Desharnais.
:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Oh and all that persecution from Therrien being benched after all penatlies he took (from playing good tough hockey of course)

I wasn't talking about DD. We were comparing production from each line and that's it.

People are so obsessed by DD around here... :shakehead

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I wasn't talking about DD. We were comparing production from each line and that's it.

DD is ultimately what killed our season. Therrien's preferential treatment of him is what lost him the respect of the team.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

it's quite simple actually...

when your 1st line C needs the most PP time, offensize zone starts and your two best wingers to MAYBE reach 50 points... there is definitely something wrong.

wether the other lines are producing or not is irrelevant, it doesnt change the fact that he needs all this to be a subpar 1st line C...

outside Calgary and Florida I can't think of any other team with a 1st line C as unproductive as DD... and they're 28th and 27th in the league respectively...

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
DD is ultimately what killed our season. Therrien's preferential treatment of him is what lost him the respect of the team.

It's definitely part of the reason. Some players have never played the same since that preferential treatment, which many of us thought was ridiculous. And I honestly believe what I'm typing. I didn't even cheer when #51 scored that shootout goal to give us the win.

And what a leader that Gionta player is! He's definitely not leading by example (or maybe he is depending on how you view our disgusting performances lately), and he seems like a quiet-type of guy. One of the worst Captains in the NHL at the moment.

I'm singling out those two players, but every party is to blame for this mess, starting with Bergevin at the top and his brass.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
it's quite simple actually...

when your 1st line C needs the most PP time, offensize zone starts and your two best wingers to MAYBE reach 50 points... there is definitely something wrong.

wether the other lines are producing or not is irrelevant, it doesnt change the fact that he needs all this to be a subpar 1st line C...

outside Calgary and Florida I can't think of any other team with a 1st line C as unproductive as DD... and they're 28th and 27th in the league respectively...

Desharnais is at 50% in offensive zone starts. Eller is at 45. Yes, Plekanec is in a category of his own. Stephen Weiss is at 58%. Pavel Datsyuk is at 52%. Getzlaf has the worst % offensive start of his WHOLE team. DD gets most PP time 'cause Pleks gets most PK time. So the problem is not that DD is a supposed 1st liner. The problem is that this team is not deep enough to have the kinds of C we're having. Do people think that by putting Pleks with the 2 best wingers, and making him play most of the PP, will mean that he'll have no problem playing 30 minutes a game? 'Cause he's still amongst our best PK'er out there. And in total amount of PP vs PK time, not a big difference, but we're still at -11 minutes, which means we have 11 more minutes of PK to fill than PP. Plekanec is at 146 minutes of PK. Closest forward is Moen at 113. So here's a duo. Next duo? Eller at 76 minutes with Prust at 70. Isn't it an incredible big gap? Let's compare it to PP minutes now....up front, it's Gallagher.....Pacioretty......Desharnais with 115 minutes immediately followed by Pleks with 15 minutes less than that. So DD has 15 minutes on Pleks on the PP. While Pleks has 70 FREAKIN MINUTES DIFFERENCE between him and Eller the other C on the PK. Can't people not see what the problem is? Therrien believes SOLELY on Pleks for the defensive missions. And still use him quite often on the PP.

So, the real problem is that Therrien needs to put Eller out there way more. In every situation. To help Pleks on the PP, so you could use him more on the PP and ES. To reduce DD PP numbers. And yes, the fact that DD is bad defensively, isn't helping...far from it. But if the idea is to at least put DD on a 3rd line....you need to see more confidence towards Eller from Therrien.

As far as the best 2 wingers of this team....well Pacioretty yes. Gallagher....well he's indeed great for DD...but would be great for everybody else as who does what he does? Yet.....we're missing Galchenyuk and it's a big plunge. Pointswise, Galchenyuk still has the same number of points. So maybe Galchenyuk isn't too far from Gallagher? And then if we pair Galchenyuk with Eller, it,s being bashed 'cause it's not a top line, yet we keep saying Eller isn't playing with good players.....Which again, proves one of the biggest problem.....Therrien doesn't have confidence in Eller. That, for me, is more the problem that his big affection towards DD (which he has no question). The day Eller gets it going enough for Therrien or the new coach, everything will settle for itself. And while people would say....well Therrien has no room for Eller...he has DD to take care of. Well, again, the PK minute says otherwise. DD is not in play here. The PK minutes has NOTHING to do with DD. Yet, it's still 146 vs 76 minutes in favor of Pleks. And Therrien has to understand that he needs Pleks on the PP has he'only playing 15 minutes less so far this the start of the year.....so he HAS to understand that Eller HAS to play more on the PK and yet....he doesn't do it. Hence the total lack of confidence in Eller.

But true that I do not want DD on my contending team. Reason why I wish we do what we could to get Stastny out of Colorado.....and pay as a big of a price as possible. The day that Plekanec is not seen as the ultimate defensive king, is the day we will go further.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's definitely part of the reason. Some players have never played the same since that preferential treatment, which many of us thought was ridiculous. And I honestly believe what I'm typing. I didn't even cheer when #51 scored that shootout goal to give us the win.

And what a leader that Gionta player is! He's definitely not leading by example (or maybe he is depending on how you view our disgusting performances lately), and he seems like a quiet-type of guy. One of the worst Captains in the NHL at the moment.

I'm singling out those two players, but every party is to blame for this mess, starting with Bergevin at the top and his brass.

Tough to not believe that while what it seems the silent type, that Pacioretty doesn't play a big role on this team. And tough to think that since he's being a big DD fan, that others weren't as well or that they don't care what their star scorer would think. When DD got it going, they really seemed legimately happy to see that. Now...did he get a special treatment? Of course he did. An insane and stupid one. Would have been a long time for me that he would have indeed be waived or anything else. But the idea is that he got it going after. And players recognized that pointwise, he was doing his share. Yet, like us, they also see his deficiencies. But they have their own to take care of as well.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
If Gauthier was still GM he would have fired him mid press conference, just sayin.
Gauthier would of went up to Gallant during the second period and whispered into his ear you're the new coach don't tell Therrien, I'm going to text him to GTFO.

Last edited:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Never watched the game, played hockey myself (my back hurts lol)

sad really, MB is the man that holds the key,
did MB have one of those height bars that they use at the rides, and if you can walk under he will sign you, or promote you to the top 2 lines.

MR Molson , time is now, ask MB why he hired this posse to help him (Dudley and gang), and yet this team has zero identity. oh wait it does, every sports announcer on either side of the border says this club is too small.

I feel for the fans, and mostly Mr Price and PK, as this is how great stars want out of town, when they are surrounded by such a lack of substance.

as every loss , PK and Price get hung out to dry, because of a mistake or goof up.

MB are you man enough to fix this? or is your plan going to win fans or lose them.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
It's getting very simple now:

Either Therrien is fired before the schedule resumes post-Olympics, or this team will crash & burn to no better than #10 in the conference.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Desharnais is at 50% in offensive zone starts. Eller is at 45. Yes, Plekanec is in a category of his own. Stephen Weiss is at 58%. Pavel Datsyuk is at 52%. Getzlaf has the worst % offensive start of his WHOLE team. DD gets most PP time 'cause Pleks gets most PK time. So the problem is not that DD is a supposed 1st liner. The problem is that this team is not deep enough to have the kinds of C we're having. Do people think that by putting Pleks with the 2 best wingers, and making him play most of the PP, will mean that he'll have no problem playing 30 minutes a game? 'Cause he's still amongst our best PK'er out there. And in total amount of PP vs PK time, not a big difference, but we're still at -11 minutes, which means we have 11 more minutes of PK to fill than PP. Plekanec is at 146 minutes of PK. Closest forward is Moen at 113. So here's a duo. Next duo? Eller at 76 minutes with Prust at 70. Isn't it an incredible big gap? Let's compare it to PP minutes now....up front, it's Gallagher.....Pacioretty......Desharnais with 115 minutes immediately followed by Pleks with 15 minutes less than that. So DD has 15 minutes on Pleks on the PP. While Pleks has 70 FREAKIN MINUTES DIFFERENCE between him and Eller the other C on the PK. Can't people not see what the problem is? Therrien believes SOLELY on Pleks for the defensive missions. And still use him quite often on the PP.

So, the real problem is that Therrien needs to put Eller out there way more. In every situation. To help Pleks on the PP, so you could use him more on the PP and ES. To reduce DD PP numbers. And yes, the fact that DD is bad defensively, isn't helping...far from it. But if the idea is to at least put DD on a 3rd line....you need to see more confidence towards Eller from Therrien.

As far as the best 2 wingers of this team....well Pacioretty yes. Gallagher....well he's indeed great for DD...but would be great for everybody else as who does what he does? Yet.....we're missing Galchenyuk and it's a big plunge. Pointswise, Galchenyuk still has the same number of points. So maybe Galchenyuk isn't too far from Gallagher? And then if we pair Galchenyuk with Eller, it,s being bashed 'cause it's not a top line, yet we keep saying Eller isn't playing with good players.....Which again, proves one of the biggest problem.....Therrien doesn't have confidence in Eller. That, for me, is more the problem that his big affection towards DD (which he has no question). The day Eller gets it going enough for Therrien or the new coach, everything will settle for itself. And while people would say....well Therrien has no room for Eller...he has DD to take care of. Well, again, the PK minute says otherwise. DD is not in play here. The PK minutes has NOTHING to do with DD. Yet, it's still 146 vs 76 minutes in favor of Pleks. And Therrien has to understand that he needs Pleks on the PP has he'only playing 15 minutes less so far this the start of the year.....so he HAS to understand that Eller HAS to play more on the PK and yet....he doesn't do it. Hence the total lack of confidence in Eller.

But true that I do not want DD on my contending team. Reason why I wish we do what we could to get Stastny out of Colorado.....and pay as a big of a price as possible. The day that Plekanec is not seen as the ultimate defensive king, is the day we will go further.

This. Eller was in the dog house last year and therrien said he didn't like what he was bringing, so even despite proving him wrong all last season and this, it proves that therrien just has a dislike for him. I work with people that I don't like..sometimes for no reason. However that doesn't change the fact that if the work well I will make sure I put them to good use. MT is not doing this and it may be a part of what is driving the revolt. And this issue isn't exclusive to eller. Bournival is another who was playing very well with pleks but seems to get benched or thrown on the forth for 5 minutes a game. Bad bench management.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Looking at the highlights of the game.. I think it is clear that Price gave up.
No one else is helping he has reached his breaking point. It is safer for him to just throw in the towel and stop worrying about. Seems like management doesn't care. Now we only need fans to vote with their wallets and stop paying for this garbage.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
This. Eller was in the dog house last year and therrien said he didn't like what he was bringing, so even despite proving him wrong all last season and this, it proves that therrien just has a dislike for him. I work with people that I don't like..sometimes for no reason. However that doesn't change the fact that if the work well I will make sure I put them to good use. MT is not doing this and it may be a part of what is driving the revolt. And this issue isn't exclusive to eller. Bournival is another who was playing very well with pleks but seems to get benched or thrown on the forth for 5 minutes a game. Bad bench management.
Wait until MB trades away someone like Eller for another micropint center to improve the team.

PricePkPatch*

Worse is, I am not even sure I can single out a point of failure in yesterday's game.

Our entire team sucked. They played like headless chickens with no heart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad