Confirmed with Link: Habs claim forward Logan Shaw from Anaheim

Astormynight

Apr 19, 2015
I can imagine the conversation:

Bergevin and Julien eating at the restaurant:

Bergevin: Bon, pis mon Claude, qu'est-ce qu'on va faire? (So Claude, what are we going to do?)

Julien tastes the french fries.

Julien: J'sais pas... il manque de quoi.. un peu de piquant... (I don't know, it needs a bit more spice)

Bergevin looks dumbfounded and check his cell phone. Julien takes a bite on his hamburger. He looks at Bergevin and points something on the table. Bergevin looks at his coach but does not understand. He grabs the ketchup bottle but Julien shakes his head. Julien proceeds to point at the salt.

Julien: Ch'est cha que che veux / (That's what I want) sorry that does not translate well in english)

Bergevin: Tu veux Shaw? Okay... done deal. / (You want Shaw? Okay, done deal. )

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
You thought one terrible Shaw wasn't enough?

2012+NHL+Entry+Draft+Round+One+zD6eSi-Yq7Jm.jpg

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
So we are missing two centers

Can we not bring just ONE up from the AHL and move Glachenyuk to center?

The player that we SHOULD have gotten on waivers is JT Brown!

The pro scouting department on the Habs is almost as bad as the Player Development dept!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Ducks fan here, first of all, he's played way more wing than center, so not sure why it calls him a center in the article.
Shaw is probably the most average 4th liner you will ever witness. The only thing he is decent at is his play on the PK in my opinion. Everything else he does is incredibly bland. He's a safe player, will never lose you a game, but he definitely won't win you any either. He is probably one of the most forgettable players I've ever seen, not because he's bad, just because he blends in and doesn't do anything special.

You just described the majority of Montreal's team, so he'll fit right in.

I actually expected this with Danault out & now Andrew Shaw out we needed an extra body.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Lol MB does MB things lol . We have better options in Laval and if its for Center ... God forbid you let Chucky play a few games at C lol .

Its not like Chucky has been our best forward recently .... Oh wait lol

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Ok so it turns out the other Shaw and Danault will both be out a while. So this move does make sense.

I think we all owe Bergevin an apology, especially since this move makes up for trading 2 early 2nds for Andrew Shaw and then extending him for 6 years at 4 million AAV, not resigning Radulov and Markov, trading Subban for past his prime Weber, and trading Sergachev for Drouin, signing Briere and Parenteau instead of long list of other candidates, etc...

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
So we are missing two centers

Can we not bring just ONE up from the AHL and move Glachenyuk to center?

The player that we SHOULD have gotten on waivers is JT Brown!

The pro scouting department on the Habs is almost as bad as the Player Development dept!

JT Brown is not very tall, Logan Shaw is 6'3", Bergevin was not happy to see the Habs were the shortest team in the league, hopefully we are out of the smurf basement now.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
JT Brown is not very tall, Logan Shaw is 6'3", Bergevin was not happy to see the Habs were the shortest team in the league, hopefully we are out of the smurf basement now.
Let us rejoice!! We're leaving behind one basement. Couple of more important ones to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad