Confirmed with Link: Habs claim forward Logan Shaw from Anaheim

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Well this was a shawful pickup. Shaw X2 electric boogaloo. OK so this is why we saved all that cap space. Bye big Mac clearly we don't want or need you.

Let me guess, it doesn't hurt us and we need him while danault is injured. Where have I heard this excuse. God I hate bargainbin

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY SHAWZIES PEOPLE!
\
giphy.gif

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Ducks fan here, first of all, he's played way more wing than center, so not sure why it calls him a center in the article.
Shaw is probably the most average 4th liner you will ever witness. The only thing he is decent at is his play on the PK in my opinion. Everything else he does is incredibly bland. He's a safe player, will never lose you a game, but he definitely won't win you any either. He is probably one of the most forgettable players I've ever seen, not because he's bad, just because he blends in and doesn't do anything special.

He's perfect!!!!!! We need all the Shaws we can get.

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
COPY......AND.....PASTE...

''No biggie, it's just depth, if it doesn't work out, we'll just resend him through waivers. Nothing to see here''.

Bargainbin's baragain bin moves have been his better moves. The problem is they've been his only good moves.

Byron, Deslaurier, Schlemko, Benn, Jerabek, Danault, Wiese, Petry for a second, signing Radulov as a UFA when he wasn't sought after, were all good moves. I don't trash on him for making these good moves.

I trash on him for the non-bargain moves, which have all set the franchise back.

Reactions: Big Lurk

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Ca sent la coupe!

Guessing Danault is out for awhile, and with Plekanec likely to be dealt on or before the deadline, and Galchenyuk banned from playing Center because Drouin is becoming a better person/player, it’s some free depth with NHL experience.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Look the problem on the PK is probably a systems issue, and a defensive personnel issue. But if this guy helps the PK, it will turn out to be a good move.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ducks fan here, first of all, he's played way more wing than center, so not sure why it calls him a center in the article.
Shaw is probably the most average 4th liner you will ever witness. The only thing he is decent at is his play on the PK in my opinion. Everything else he does is incredibly bland. He's a safe player, will never lose you a game, but he definitely won't win you any either. He is probably one of the most forgettable players I've ever seen, not because he's bad, just because he blends in and doesn't do anything special.

This is the exact type of player they want from lines 1-4, and D pairings 1-3.

They'll sign this guy to an extension.

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
If only Chucky was French and hadn't offended everyone by being good offensively before being a stalwart defensively, it'd allow him to develop into the kind of center they envision. Thankfully since Logan Shaw has proven he's a world-beater up the middle, we won't have to worry about anything else and Danault can rest up without worry! Drive for 25 is alive!

Remember to embrace the Bergevin mindset: hope and pray, there's nothing else you can do in the NHL, being a GM is very hard! :sarcasm:

Reactions: OldCraig71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad