Confirmed with Link: Habs claim forward Logan Shaw from Anaheim

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
At least the vulgar emotional posters are entertaining...

The die hard foxhole adherents far less so.

I just find it hard that if you don't think that the professionals that are hired to make decisions are absolute idiots, then you are basically called out as a fool as well.

There just isn't much room for a tempered critique or any conversation. Personally I think that the truth is somewhere in the middle...

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Like Byron, Wiese, Danault, and Deslaurier? Or let me guess, when we got each of those players you were correctly saying they were great moves.

Bergevin has failed misreably at the big moves, which are most important. But he's been good at the depth moves. They don't make up for the big blunders. But I'll evaluate each on their own merits.

Don’t come here and start talking shit thinking you know my opinion about the players we acquired.

Tell me the good depth moves? A poster was kind enough to save me some time by naming a list of scrubs acquired by Bergevin. Throwing shit on the wall and watching most of them fail to stick isn’t what I call being good at depth moves.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
You're confused if you believe I'm confused......HABS fanbase is emotional, not knowledgable.

Maybe the "fanbase" is emotional because they are knowable? I don't know about you jaffy27, but I have witnessed my beloved team become the laughing stock of the NHL over the last 20+ years. Why? We seemingly have the ability to do the absolute opposite is of what is needed.

You cant make this stuff up. Seriously.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Interesting yes.......very interesting.....the cussing and blaming that goes on in the GDT when a player misses a puck is a clear case of the "knowledge" that is in abundance with the fanbase.

My postings reflect that I don't want everyone in HABS Managment hung by their feet and speared in the liver....others on the other hand.....
So you are annoyed with fans going crazy over the top...meanwhile you say those fans want to kill every one...
In true Jaffy fasion, keep on making sense.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I just find it hard that if you don't think that the professionals that are hired to make decisions are absolute idiots, then you are basically called out as a fool as well.

There just isn't much room for a tempered critique or any conversation. Personally I think that the truth is somewhere in the middle...
Tempered critique? People tried to have these discussions 2 years ago, bringing up alarming things about this organization. You know how tempered the defenders were? I was called a hater because I wasn't satisfied with the signing of Semin. I had to shut up and wait to see. How many times I have been told to wait and see, I can't tell you. So ya, there is no tempered critique or discussion to be had, and that is mostly because the defenders were playing stupid and told the critics off a few years ago.
And now, most people see the light. This management is garbage. I can't tell you if Martin Lapointe is an actual idiot. I can only attest to Bergevin and that is based on how he handles and expresses himself in pressers. I thought Gainey completely lost his mind and couldn't do his job correctly after the loss of his daughter, I also think Gauthier was terrible, but I never called those guys idiots.
Same with Martin and now Julien, I may disagree with them, but they're not idiots.
Bergevin and Therrien though, they are clear idiots.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Maybe the "fanbase" is emotional because they are knowable? I don't know about you jaffy27, but I have witnessed my beloved team become the laughing stock of the NHL over the last 20+ years. Why? We seemingly have the ability to do the absolute opposite is of what is needed.

You cant make this stuff up. Seriously.
“You can fool some of the people all of the time... etc. etc.”

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK

Stop acting as if people rolled out of their beds and decided just this morning that the management is terrible.

They’ve had 5 years to build up a portfolio, a body of work that can be judged on.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

The truth is in the success. And at one point, it will have to be in the playoffs.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Stop acting as if people rolled out of their beds and decided just this morning that the management is terrible.

They’ve had 5 years to build up a portfolio, a body of work that can be judged on.

Yes and people are sick and tired of the management and also very angry. I get it.

Anyways Bergevin has made some very good minor moves like this one (and some bad ones), I hope this one ends up working out.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Hopefully this guy works out and plays with DLR & Deslauriers. This would definitely add some beef. The 4th line has been one of the few positives this year. Julien seems to really know how to use it and his juggling has worked out for the most part.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

If you offer no analysis or opinion beyond "they are professionals therefore their decisions are sound", that is a pretty "foolish" or "idiotic" line of thinking... There are nicer ways to describe it, but ultimately a bad argument is a bad argument.

There are lots of interesting discussions here regularly, and, many of the posters who are now critical of the current regime were at one time quite ready to defend it... In fact, if you back to MB's hiring, iirc the vast majority of posters were positive and supportive of his hiring.

The almost complete shift is, imo, a good indication that the "truth is in the middle" type of rationalizing doesn't match the actual situation.

Much thougthful and detailed analysis of his abject failure as a GM has been provided... Conversely, I have yet to see any argument in support of his body of work that presents even a reasonable case to suggest he has done a good job.

There isn't always two valid sides to an argument, sometimes a zebra has stripes.

For those who view the role of the GM to be that of improving a roster with the purpose of driving performance and organizational excellence, it is quite conclusive that MB is a bad GM.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yes and people are sick and tired of the management and also very angry. I get it.

Anyways Bergevin has made some very good minor moves like this one (and some bad ones), I hope this one ends up working out.

Curious as to why you feel that this waiver pick up is "a very good" move?

Anaheim felt that JT Brown was a superior asset to add. What is it about Logan Shaw that you (and apparently MB) see that would garnered such praise?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Anaheim felt that JT Brown was a superior asset to add. What is it about Logan Shaw that you (and apparently MB) see that would garnered such praise?

Heard the same argument that was made in this thread about JT Brown, today by McGuire on the Melnick show. Wondering why the Habs chose to pass on Brown.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I wonder what kind of message it sends to their AHL players who are looking for call-ups at times like these.
Personally I don't wanna see Scherbak up unless the coaching staff is committed to using him in a top 6 role with some PP time.

In the absence of that, he's better off playing big minutes in Laval.

Reactions: Miller Time

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I wonder what kind of message it sends to their AHL players who are looking for call-ups at times like these.

It sends the message that they are not good enough. That for the supposed sake of ''development'', we will let Scherbak finish his season in the AHL....and THEN, in the year when he was to go through waivers, only THEN, we will start evaluating him for good. Makes perfect sense. A whole preseason when teams aren't filled with their players and a start of the season to know if we will play a guy who can't sustain the NHL and will be a liability or he will sit in the stands so we'd get a Tinordi type of return.

Only in Montreal is playing kids in a losing season is seen as bad for your development. I mean, it's much better to play in a lower league in a losing season. That is better for the development of a 22 year old.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

This is what I don't get too. I would've preferred to take Brown. Instead he slides to Anaheim who turn around & waive Shaw. That's who we take.

The Ducks have determined that having Brown on their roster is more beneficial than having Shaw.

Let's just say I have far more faith in Ducks management than our own.

Reactions: Miller Time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad