Confirmed with Link: Habs claim forward Logan Shaw from Anaheim

Dick Duff

Feb 17, 2014
Edmonton
Watching tonight, Logan seems fairly good at being in the right defensive position during plays. But that's all I've noticed so far....

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Exactly why was he picked up? Cracknell is tearing it up in Laval and McCarron is paying his dues. What the hell is the logic of picking him off waivers?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Exactly why was he picked up? Cracknell is tearing it up in Laval and McCarron is paying his dues. What the hell is the logic of picking him off waivers?

to leave McCarron to work on things in the AHL and I assume they wanted another vet for Laval to go with Terry. If Shaw/Danault aren't out too long it would just be a short stay for waiver Shaw.

Reactions: Tyson

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Even simpler. Carr is already on the roster. Why is he pressboxed so we can add yet another generic 0.2 ppg grinder to the roster?

Reactions: Tighthead

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Had a great chance tonight. Had a wide open net & bobbled the puck. Other than that I never noticed him. A completely forgettable player.

Why is this guy playing over Carr?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Hey, Shaw is an asset. Maybe some team will offer a 7th round pick at the deadline. I wouldn't be surprised if Bergevin really thinks of Shaw that way

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
to leave McCarron to work on things in the AHL and I assume they wanted another vet for Laval to go with Terry. If Shaw/Danault aren't out too long it would just be a short stay for waiver Shaw.

This working on things is finished. Both Scherbak and McCarron are going on waivers next year. Are we going to go the Tinordi way and wait till they are in their waivers year to test them? Espjecially when this season is a lost season? It makes absolutely no sense. We are not winning. We need to know what these guys are finally all about on a longer period of time in order to know if we keep them and play them 'cause they are helpful, if we are going to trade them before they hit the waivers, or if we are going to take the chance to keep them next year and either keep them as 13th forward, or just simply send them through waivers and hope they are not taken. But we need to know NOW. If McCarron wasn't able to work on things since he was drafted...he is not going to make this February month a miraculous one either. Bring them up both now. Or as soon as you start unloading your vets. But those guys need to be here now. Geez, there's a limit here to develop. They are not 19th year olds.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
This working on things is finished. Both Scherbak and McCarron are going on waivers next year. Are we going to go the Tinordi way and wait till they are in their waivers year to test them? Espjecially when this season is a lost season? It makes absolutely no sense. We are not winning. We need to know what these guys are finally all about on a longer period of time in order to know if we keep them and play them 'cause they are helpful, if we are going to trade them before they hit the waivers, or if we are going to take the chance to keep them next year and either keep them as 13th forward, or just simply send them through waivers and hope they are not taken. But we need to know NOW. If McCarron wasn't able to work on things since he was drafted...he is not going to make this February month a miraculous one either. Bring them up both now. Or as soon as you start unloading your vets. But those guys need to be here now. Geez, there's a limit here to develop. They are not 19th year olds.

the team we faced tonight, after their cup and SCF, became a middle of the pack team...

that is until they decided to go with youth, and now they're a good team again...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I posted this on the prospect board about Scherbak, "just turned 22 20 days ago and has had several injuries impact his development. Out of a possible 195 games he could have played in the AHL to date, he's appeared in 135 games so he's missed 60 games which is almost a full season of development time. He must get stronger, playing in the NHL isn't going to help him get stronger. CJ will hate him for his poor defensive game and likely put him on the 4th line with guys like Deslauriers and Froese and then when he doesn't score we'll hear about how bad Timmins sucks. It's not a race, they don't need to rush him, they need to make sure he gets stronger. The Habs need to figure their shit out, that's Molson and what the f*** he's going to do. If they aren't going to fire anyone, f*** it, trade Scherbak as I doubt he will do well under CJ and likely get the Galchenyuk treatment but worse.

McCarron I'd rather him playing a lot in the AHL vs little in the NHL. Tell him it's now or never and he better train hard over the summer to be ready. But if they called him up I wouldn't mind as much as I would if they called Scherbak, as he's likely a future 4th liner for us anyway and he is a beast on the PP screening the goalie although not that CJ would play him there I would guess.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
the team we faced tonight, after their cup and SCF, became a middle of the pack team...

that is until they decided to go with youth, and now they're a good team again...

But their youth is better than ours. And their youth has the luxury to count on super vets like Bergeron, Chara and Marchand. Something we are so far away from. And that youth, like Pastrnak, DeBrusk, Heinen, McAvoy, Carlo, didn't spend some DEVELOPMENT time till they were 22 years old at the AHL level.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I posted this on the prospect board about Scherbak, "just turned 22 20 days ago and has had several injuries impact his development. Out of a possible 195 games he could have played in the AHL to date, he's appeared in 135 games so he's missed 60 games which is almost a full season of development time. He must get stronger, playing in the NHL isn't going to help him get stronger. CJ will hate him for his poor defensive game and likely put him on the 4th line with guys like Deslauriers and Froese and then when he doesn't score we'll hear about how bad Timmins sucks. It's not a race, they don't need to rush him, they need to make sure he gets stronger. The Habs need to figure their **** out, that's Molson and what the **** he's going to do. If they aren't going to fire anyone, **** it, trade Scherbak as I doubt he will do well under CJ and likely get the Galchenyuk treatment but worse.

McCarron I'd rather him playing a lot in the AHL vs little in the NHL. Tell him it's now or never and he better train hard over the summer to be ready. But if they called him up I wouldn't mind as much as I would if they called Scherbak, as he's likely a future 4th liner for us anyway and he is a beast on the PP screening the goalie although not that CJ would play him there I would guess.

But you are talking as if we still have 2 or 3 years ahead.....So you would actually keep both of them in the AHL...and then comes next preseason, only THEN give them a real test while if they don't pass it, they go through waivers and you lose them? Or you will keep them up as extras 'cause you won't want to lose them for nothing? Or you will play them NO MATTER how they do 'cause you want those draft picks to look good for Timmins. What do you do with those guys? You actually think it's perfect that the year you decide to see what they are all about it's the waivers year?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
MB's love affair with grinders, muckers etc.........................as he would say, we gotta have depp.

Not promoting one of our own, just didn't make sense here...that being said, the kid didn't play too bad last night, made a great play on the PK in the 3rd, and also almost scored...was better than #92 last night.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
But you are talking as if we still have 2 or 3 years ahead.....So you would actually keep both of them in the AHL...and then comes next preseason, only THEN give them a real test while if they don't pass it, they go through waivers and you lose them? Or you will keep them up as extras 'cause you won't want to lose them for nothing? Or you will play them NO MATTER how they do 'cause you want those draft picks to look good for Timmins. What do you do with those guys? You actually think it's perfect that the year you decide to see what they are all about it's the waivers year?

depends. As I said, first what happens? Does Molson actually do something? If not then they really need to trade Scherbak by the draft. Get what you can cause I just don't see it going well with him and CJ. But could Molson actually fire MB? If he does I got to think a new GM would clean house and rebuild. If he does then Scherbak should be on the team unless he plays so bad that he looks like he's playing with the wrong end of his stick. Tell him to the KHL, give him his QO and hope he figures it out.

McCarron I would see how he does, seeing as how we will likely suck again I would give him a lot of room, if he really sucks, then send him down as he might pass, if not oh well. I felt at the time the Habs made a mistake in trading Chipchura so soon and for a 4th round pick. I know he wasn't anything special in the NHL but he did have almost 500 games, and over 100 pts. Instead of trading for guys like Flynn, King, Ott, Martinsen maybe they should try improving their development side first. Get some better people in position, kick Lefebvre and his staff to the curb. Stop bringing these kids up too soon, stop yo-yoing them left and right.

Personally I'd rather they go on the waiver wire and get waivers Shaw then yo-yo another prospect when he can play a lot in the AHL and not have to be a part to this mess.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
depends. As I said, first what happens? Does Molson actually do something? If not then they really need to trade Scherbak by the draft. Get what you can cause I just don't see it going well with him and CJ. But could Molson actually fire MB? If he does I got to think a new GM would clean house and rebuild. If he does then Scherbak should be on the team unless he plays so bad that he looks like he's playing with the wrong end of his stick. Tell him to the KHL, give him his QO and hope he figures it out.

McCarron I would see how he does, seeing as how we will likely suck again I would give him a lot of room, if he really sucks, then send him down as he might pass, if not oh well. I felt at the time the Habs made a mistake in trading Chipchura so soon and for a 4th round pick. I know he wasn't anything special in the NHL but he did have almost 500 games, and over 100 pts. Instead of trading for guys like Flynn, King, Ott, Martinsen maybe they should try improving their development side first. Get some better people in position, kick Lefebvre and his staff to the curb. Stop bringing these kids up too soon, stop yo-yoing them left and right.

Personally I'd rather they go on the waiver wire and get waivers Shaw then yo-yo another prospect when he can play a lot in the AHL and not have to be a part to this mess.

I have absolutely nothing to say against what you just said. But we all know Bergie isn't going nowhere. So we have to deal with the problem in hands. This is February, seems that McCarron is not having fun in Laval. We need to see right now what those kids can do. It's not like it's going that great in Laval either. You are not bringing t hem from a positive environment to a negative one. We need to know what those kids can do. Other teams need to know what these kids can do. 'Cause while I don't think it would be as bad, I do not want a stupid Tinordi type of return for any of those 2 guys.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I have absolutely nothing to say against what you just said. But we all know Bergie isn't going nowhere. So we have to deal with the problem in hands. This is February, seems that McCarron is not having fun in Laval. We need to see right now what those kids can do. It's not like it's going that great in Laval either. You are not bringing t hem from a positive environment to a negative one. We need to know what those kids can do. Other teams need to know what these kids can do. 'Cause while I don't think it would be as bad, I do not want a stupid Tinordi type of return for any of those 2 guys.

I have no clue what it will take for Molson to get off his ass and fire MB. If he doesn't and we are stuck with MB, Lefebvre, CJ, then I say f*** it and trade Scherbak so better to keep him in the AHL racking up the points. If the return is low so be as I don't want him to get the Galchenyuk treatment from CJ. McCarron needs to earn his call up, if not and he looks like shit, then they could look at losing him for nothing. I know they held on DLR when he should have been cut lose, but that's their own fault for how they handled him, who knows what another year in the AHL would have done for him vs being in and out of the lineup this year.

But at the end of the day, if MB, Lefebvre, CJ are all staying, who f***ing cares what happens cause I doubt it will work out well. Price doesn't look the same, without him we are f***ed, with him not being at the best goalie in the world level we are f***ed hard with that contract. Pac maybe he bounces back next year or doesn't, who the f*** knows with him, to think he was near 70 pts last year and we couldn't score for shit. JD now that they admitted their f***ing mistake that only took till the season was all but lost and moved him to the wing where he should have been all along, maybe he bounces back. I fully admit I thought he was going to do great things for us, 60 pts easily now I haven't watched a lot of games but he looks like shit some of the times, especially in his own end. Glad we traded our best prospect and overpaid JD at the same time, a double f*** up. Though I'm glad for Sergachev he went to a well run organization where he can shine.

Galchenyuk is playing better but with CJ I wonder how long he's here. I got to think he's traded at some point. I really hope that this is just a sophomore slump for Lehkonen as we can't afford to have him crap out on us. Hudon while I still worry he's not quick enough, has really impressed me and I do think if he can get a little quicker, he's going to be a very solid NHLer for us. Weber I don't know how much he has in the tank, but I didn't mind the trade at the time for the short term and I would be surprised if he plays beyond the '22-'23 season but guess we'll see.

So it looks like we are royally f***ed no matter who we get in this draft or the next as long as Lefebvre is in charge of our AHL players, Lapointe in developing our players, CJ in coaching certain players, MB in some of his moves and Churla/Timmins in some of their picks.

The one thing I hate is rushing prospects, so I am actually so very glad they got waivers Shaw instead of calling up McCarron/Scherbak. Maybe they finally are f***ing learning something. It only took jackass Lefebvre almost a full season to learn to put your best playmaker with your best sniper/snipers, so there is hope that these guys will learn from their mistakes at some point. Maybe getting waivers Shaw is a sign they are.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->