Post-Game Talk: Habs blow an easy win

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Missed the game, but I see I didn't miss much. I'll forgive the team for this game- they've been playing hard for the past few weeks and they probably just weren't into it. Sucks that we don't dictate our position vs Tampa anymore.

Losing Galchenyuk will hurt not because of his actual play, but the ripple effect through our lineup. Bourque shows up once every 3 games, and that probably means Gionta is back on the second line. I would leave Briere with Gio and Bourque and put Eller not he wing with Pleks and Gallagher.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Was at the game, thought PK was the best d-man tonight. Emelin on the other hand :shakehead

However the one thing I noticed is that Therrien does not say anything to the players, its Gallant most of the time. And the only thing he does behind the bench is change his body position.

On the other hand Capuano was active the whole game.

MayorFord

Feb 13, 2007
i fear this is last year all over. they need momentum going to the playoffs and what a perfect opportunity this was after getting 1 point yesterday in chicago :shakehead

they just totally blew it tonight

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Was at the game, thought PK was the best d-man tonight. Emelin on the other hand :shakehead

However the one thing I noticed is that Therrien does not say anything to the players, its Gallant most of the time. And the only thing he does behind the bench is change his body position.

On the other hand Capuano was active the whole game.

Therrien doesn't do a damn thing. He makes his stupid lineup decisions before the game, gives some half as frenglish speech before the game, says nothing to the players on the bench except "Lets ****in go", and then the same "rah rah play da right way, win da puck battle, play wit passion" ******** between periods. He refuses to make any in game adjustments besides benching Subban and Eller, and has his fingers crossed that Price saves the day every game.

That's the Therrien routine in a nutshell.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
i fear this is last year all over. they need momentum going to the playoffs and what a perfect opportunity this was after getting 1 point yesterday in chicago :shakehead

With all the heroic efforts of late and the actual goal scoring efficiency happening, this one was bound to come. Seems we shouldn't want home ice. 18-30 all time at home in playoff games at Bell Centre, 13th home record in the NHL, 5 of 6 shutouts this year at home and embarrassing efforts abound not to mention ugly wins (2-0 vs. Flames with EN, 2-0 against Sabres, needing mega comeback vs. Sens). Whatever it is, this team is disappointing in the league's arguable best arena. They can't handle pressure of the home crowd somehow. Therrien not helping.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

The Habs have been an inconsistent streaky team, both winning and losing.

At times when we completely expect them to lose, they win. And tonight, when we completely expect them to win, they lose.

There's not much we can do about it as fans. All we can do is temper our expectations........negative or positive..........and just roll with what happens on the ice. A win or a loss should not be a surprise.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Therrien doesn't do a damn thing. He makes his stupid lineup decisions before the game, gives some half as frenglish speech before the game, says nothing to the players on the bench except "Lets ****in go", and then the same "rah rah play da right way, win da puck battle, play wit passion" ******** between periods. He refuses to make any in game adjustments besides benching Subban and Eller, and has his fingers crossed that Price saves the day every game.

That's the Therrien routine in a nutshell.

He ain't getting fired even if we totally flame out in the playoffs. So we might as well go as far as we can then next year struggle out of the gate badly enough to get him canned :yo:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Nice pre-playoff preparation and performance, what a joke.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Monctonscout.

:facepalm:

I can't see it. I'd love to someone to take his "they are trying to be the worst defensive club" speech and dub over his voice with something like. "I really believe I am trying to get out-coached every night." And some more goodness, it has a lot of potential if done correctly.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
To me, this game makes perfect sense. They've been on a high for a while now. It's sad for the fans, obviously, but every team has these efforts now and then. Just a fact. Better that it happens now.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Did watch the game but from the sounds of it, the game plan is...

Clear zone.
Pass to Pacio to get his 40th.
Worry about winning after.

Sound right?

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
LOL at this thread

"BP Boards" (bi-polar)

Lacklustre effort to say the least, but the amount of lemmings running to the cliff around here is laughable....

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
LOL at this thread

"BP Boards" (bi-polar)

Lacklustre effort to say the least, but the amount of lemmings running to the cliff around here is laughable....

tbf I've been critical of Therrien every game since last year so I'm hardly a lemming!

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
They gave a ****** effort but i'm not bent out of shape about it. You get games like these these near the end of the season when you face eliminated teams. A lot of teams got screwed over by the Isles recently.

beefisforbadbwoys

Apr 5, 2014
Pretty much done for the post-season. These last two losses have completely over-shadowed what the Habs have done all season. I think I'm going to puke. Someone hold my hair.

HABS win CUPS*

Is there a place online where I can listen to the delmar postgame show from tonight's game? I found the tsn podcast of the individual periods but no postgame show

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad