Post-Game Talk: Habs blow an easy win

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
They gave a ****** effort but i'm not bent out of shape about it. You get games like these these near the end of the season when you face eliminated teams. A lot of teams got screwed over by the Isles recently.

LOL

Not counting last night, the Islanders have exactly 1 win in their last 29 games against a playoff team.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
There are not too many easy wins in the NHL, if you show up not focused, chances are you lose.

NYI dressed a lot of young players last night and they played hungry. The best way to beat them would be to come out strong and score a couple, but obviously that didn't happen.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Haven't watched a game in a month and a half now. This record is an illusion... Will watch the playoffs though.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
They played their ********* game of the season yesterday. Execution was abysmal and there was no structure offensively/defensively at all. Murray was horrible, the first line was terrible (constant turnovers from bad passes). The only good players yesterday were Markov, Briere and Bourque, nuff said on the last two. For selfish reasons, we need to win the game against the Rangers (I'm going to game 2/4 and it's more convenient for me to go to game 2...).

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I don't think one should make too much out of this one game, but it is concerning to note we couldn't even mount an offense, from our top line too. Perhaps everyone is trying to feed Max to get 40. Who cares if he has 39 or 40? Not me.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
Canadiens rhapsody

The dreadful display of last night's game brought forth my Muse, and thus inspired, we give you this to lift thy spirits.

muppets-bohemian-rhapsody-630-85.jpg

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Habs in a freefall
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up at the stats and see
They play like goofballs, they need no sympathy
Sometimes they play, and sometimes no
A little high, little low
Anywhere the puck goes , doesn't really matter you see,
No PP
Habbies, you gassed a game
You skated as weighed with lead
Home ice advantage all but dead
Mama mia, the playoffs have not e’en begun
So are you going to throw the season away
Carey, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If your team aint back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, only the playoffs matter
Is it too late, has the Habs time come
Will we be saved by Price
Will that puck always be iced
Goodbye home advantage, man it blows
Gotta leave you Bouillon behind and get back Prust
Carey, ooo - (anywhere the puck goes)
Don’t let the cup dream die,
I sometimes wish I'd never been a Hab fan at all
I see a little Subban of a man
What a ******, what a ******, will you send out Pacioretty
Tampa Bay Lightning look very very frightening indeed
Gallychucko Gallychucko
Gallychucko, Gallychucko
Gallychucko your knee went out OH NO
But we are just poor fans, show us some sympathy
Watching the Habs who have no powerplay
Spare us from watching from this monstrosity
Easy come easy go - will you let MT go!
No - we will not let him go - let him go! We will not let him go - let him go
Therrien! We will not let him go, LET HIM GO
Therrien! We will not let him go – LET HIM GO
Will not let him go - let him go (never)
Never let him go - let him go
Never let me go - ooo
No, no, no, no, no, no, no -
Oh Pacioretty Pacioretty Pacioretty let him score
Bergeron has a secret plan set aside you see
for Cube
for Subby!
So Habs think you can play crap and let fans cry
So Habs do you want your Stanley Cup dreams to die
Oh Habbys - can't do this to us Habbies
Get the lead out, and skate like you give a beer
Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Nothing really matters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matters…..until Game 1 you see….
Anyway the break wind……..

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Haven't watched a game in a month and a half now. This record is an illusion... Will watch the playoffs though.

It's hard to describe this season despite the Habs record. Their record is nice but there seems to be more than the normal amount of complaining and frustration with the team this year from fans despite the record. Fans being frustrated that many players have regressed under MT this year and MT's handling of Subban as irritated so many fans. IMO if it wasn't for Price bailing his team out many nights the Habs would be sitting where the Leafs are now in the standings.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
My question is why wasn't Emelin benched after that mind-numbingly putrid play on the second goal? He looked like a sweeper in Curling, cleaning the ice for Nelson to skate in for the snipe. If that was Subban, you can bet Michel "Mouthbreather" Therrien would have sat his ass on the bench for the first half of the third.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
It was a meaningless game so there's little to read into it, but I hate backing into the playoffs, it is asking for trouble.

The only thing I will read into it is that Therrien is more willing to play awful vets than rookies, and it's ridiculous. And the treatment of Subban continues to be hypocritical, when Emelin and Murray never get punished for their constant stupidity.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Actually, Montreal has played his best hockey at the end of this present season and one game doesn't change that, but you already know that.

Oh really? That swing through Florida was just awful, and what about that game in Chicago? You enjoyed that? The players look lost in the defensive zone, and it worries me they aren't ready to play. You think they can just 'turn it on'? They can't.

You feel good about the way the team is playing, heading into the playoffs?

HABS win CUPS*

Looking at the results from this season, Tampa having home ice against us will be very dangerous.

no Bishop (hopefully) and lets face it Therrien is incapable of using the last change that comes with home ice advantage okok im scared now very very scared :shakehead

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I can. Where did home ice get us in 2002 with the Canes? 2008 with the Flyers? Last year with the Sens? Habs suck at home in the playoffs. And this year we're 13th in the league at home, one of the worst winning % of any playoff ranked team. 6th on the road though and only 1 shutout there but 5 at home. I'd love a win Saturday but it wouldn't bother me if the Bolts get 4 pts. in their remaining games to take home ice. We can handle it starting on the road. Look at how we jumped out to 2-0 series leads on the road in the past. It's always when we go home that things go downhill. Habs have only ever won 3 consecutive games at the Bell Centre in the playoffs once.

UH, what about having the last change at home? Not important? People like Marinaro and the rest thinking home advantage is not an advantage are clueless. Habs need it, and I'm not impressed at their lack of hunger to get it. No excuses for the loss tonight, with rested players. Therrien. :shakehead Stop trying to paint it any other way, the loss tonight was a joke.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Thanks for letting us know what you've been up to, and what your plans are. That was really interesting. Spent the rest of the time on Twitter talking about what you've been doing I guess, or Ass Book.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
It was a meaningless game so there's little to read into it, but I hate backing into the playoffs, it is asking for trouble.

The only thing I will read into it is that Therrien is more willing to play awful vets than rookies, and it's ridiculous. And the treatment of Subban continues to be hypocritical, when Emelin and Murray never get punished for their constant stupidity.

WTF? It was not a meaningless game. And I'll remind you of that before game 7 in Tampa.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks for letting us know what you've been up to, and what your plans are. That was really interesting. Spent the rest of the time on Twitter talking about what you've been doing I guess, or Ass Book.

It's okay bro, you can cry on my shoulder.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Let's hope it wakes them up. I haven't been following the Bulldogs, but is there any chance for Andrighetto to replace Chucky until he gets back in the playoffs ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad