Post-Game Talk: Habs blow an easy win

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Outcoached again. Therrien can't motivate his ****ing team.

Completely insane how we continue to make the same mistakes since game 1. PP is completely useless, all they do is sit there and freeze if the one play they have isn't there.

Overloading to the puck side is so ****ing dumb because if it gets through, and it does too often, we're exposed on that side.

We are also terrible for chasing the puck behind our net and leaving the slot open.

No ability (for 10 seasons now) to score in the dirty areas of the ice. Can't get shots. Can't get shots through. Break out is terrible. Coach has absolutely no idea which defensemen he should use.

Terrible effort against Tampa Bay in a must win game.. and tonight, an easy win is shat on by one of the worst performances of the season. Against an AHL team with a fossil in net and an oblivious oaf as a coach.

Bishop or Lindback, it won't matter, with efforts like this, an inability to fix and adapt, season long, in-game, will be our demise.

I'm sure that MT told the guys before the game that it's important get a 2 goal lead before you try to set Patches up. Home ice!

I'm really sure that was his speech....

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Outcoached again. Therrien can't motivate his ****ing team.

Completely insane how we continue to make the same mistakes since game 1. PP is completely useless, all they do is sit there and freeze if the one play they have isn't there.

Overloading to the puck side is so ****ing dumb because if it gets through, and it does too often, we're exposed on that side.

We are also terrible for chasing the puck behind our net and leaving the slot open.

No ability (for 10 seasons now) to score in the dirty areas of the ice. Can't get shots. Can't get shots through. Break out is terrible. Coach has absolutely no idea which defensemen he should use.

Terrible effort against Tampa Bay in a must win game.. and tonight, an easy win is shat on by one of the worst performances of the season. Against an AHL team with a fossil in net and an oblivious oaf as a coach.

Bishop or Lindback, it won't matter, with efforts like this, an inability to fix and adapt, season long, in-game, will be our demise.

Yeah because they'll have the same motivation at playoff time than vs the Islanders with an AHL team.

What the heck do you want the coach to tell them? I'm sure the coaching staff was scared for that game...but players still take a team like that lightly.

dreamingofdrouin*

Anyone who uses this game as a reason why we'll lose in the playoffs should just log out and forget their password now :laugh:

it could very well cost us home ice and not only that but its the teams that but its the teams that heat up at the right time that always seem to succeed. we had alot going but this is just so ****ing deflating especially if tampa catches us and we have to start there....it gives them such a boost too:rant::shakehead

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Yeah because they'll have the same motivation at playoff time than vs the Islanders with an AHL team.

What the heck do you want the coach to tell them? I'm sure the coaching staff was scared for that game...but players still take a team like that lightly.

Playoffs are coming soon and you are telling me this is normal to play THIS BAD against an Ahl team????????? It's been like that all years and it won't change anytime soon.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Just to add some perspective, despite all the praises of success, the team will go into 2014 playoffs with less regulation/OT wins than Martin's 2011 team (41). :dunno:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Should have dressed Beaulieu instead of Subban. I would give him, Pacioretty and plekanec the night off against New York saturday.

After tonight's game? Hell no. They actually took the night off. We need some motivation going into the playoffs. Like someone else said, play hard and get 40 for Patches, 20 for Gally and 100 points for the team. Resting players for Saturday is a cop out. Show that supposed character.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm pretty sure the fans were booing the team's effort and failure to create anything. Not Subban.

That's what I thought. The entire team deserved the booing they received from the fans at the end. Not many positives for the Habs from this game.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I don't want to exaggerate too much, guys...

but that was the worst hockey that I've ever seen. and I think it was the worst hockey game played this season. by any team. in any league. even TimBits.

I think that since hockey was created, this has got to be the worst played game by any hockey team ever. or any sports team for that matter, in any sport. no, this is the single worst sports performance by any human being ever. in any activity, on any planet, in the whole galaxy.

honestly... **** this team.

:sarcasm:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
it could very well cost us home ice and not only that but its the teams that but its the teams that heat up at the right time that always seem to succeed. we had alot going but this is just so ****ing deflating especially if tampa catches us and we have to start there....it gives them such a boost too:rant::shakehead

I get all of this, but they obviously didn't care much tonight lol. It was a nothing game to us and I doubt they really care about homeice, tho maybe they should. Meh I'm not as worked up as others, though I never really am.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Kane! Scores! We cud haz?

Meh Habs arrived at 2am today so they looked out of it no biggie

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
Something really needs to be done about our PP... I don't get how it's been so bad and they never seem to try changing it up. It's so predictable...

A successful PP would bring us far in the playoffs IMO. Our 5 on 5 scoring has been pretty good... If we had a good PP, even if we don't score, at least to give us some momentum. The way the PP is right now, basically gives all the momentum to the opposing team.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Why wasn't Beaulieu playing?
Why was Murray playing?
Why was Parros playing?
What the hell???

Our issues tonight transcend the three players that you mentioned.

This team is playing entirely too passive without any semblance of puck support.

We had the entire team standing around watching the play of whoever had the puck on their stick for the Habs. We could not complete more than one pass in a row. And did I mention we were extremely passive in the neutral zone as well as in our defensive zone.

I think Therrien has forgotten what the word forecheck means.

So yeah, its a noble gesture to try to pin the blame on a couple of players who were in and one who was not but it is like trying to complain about a leaky toilet on a yacht that's sinking in the ocean.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
This is the exact problem with this team. Despite still having a good season. They play uninspired hockey more often then they should. It's gonna be their downfall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad