Post-Game Talk: Habs blow an easy win

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Something really needs to be done about our PP... I don't get how it's been so bad and they never seem to try changing it up. It's so predictable...

A successful PP would bring us far in the playoffs IMO. Our 5 on 5 scoring has been pretty good... If we had a good PP, even if we don't score, at least to give us some momentum. The way the PP is right now, basically gives all the momentum to the opposing team.

24 for 100 (24%) before Dec 1st and 24 for 176 (13.6%) since then. :help:

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
I'm pretty sure the fans were booing the team's effort and failure to create anything. Not specifically Subban. But Subban has to bounce back like he's shown before. He won't be earning any ice time with this kind of play.

This.

People come from far and and wide and pay big $$ to see the Habs.

They can boo the team if they want.

Being shut out is always ugly... for any team.

Real season is coming up.

TassieHab

May 3, 2013
Hobart
Poor performance but lets not get too carried away. More than 1 eye on the playoffs from the boys I think. Seems like they are just going through the motions till game 1. Could well cost us home ice though, which is obviously not ideal.

Why even bother recalling Beaulieu though. Comes in, plays well. Rewarded by being scratched immediately. :shakehead

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Poor performance but lets not get too carried away. More than 1 eye on the playoffs from the boys I think. Seems like they are just going through the motions till game 1. Could well cost us home ice though, which is obviously not ideal.

Why even bother recalling Beaulieu though. Comes in, plays well. Rewarded by being scratched immediately. :shakehead

Then gets sent back down. :shakehead

dreamingofdrouin*

24 for 100 (24%) before Dec 1st and 24 for 176 (13.6%) since then. :help:

i dont think boston scored a single PP goal in 2011 playoffs and our 5 on 5 has been 5th best in league since march 1st...so you know...thats the optimistic way of looking at it:laugh:

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Well am I EVER glad I flew up to watch that game - thanks Habs, for no effort from start to finish. Had to come back to the hotel before heading downtown to remove my Habs jersey.

What a terrible effort, by everyone (except maybe Price). From start to finish.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Gorges kills the plays when he's on the ice playing it too safe. Since he came back Habs are back to their habit of not scoring anymore

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Why wasn't Beaulieu playing?
Why was Murray playing?
Why was Parros playing?
What the hell???

say it with me and everything will make sense...

...because Therrien!

God I can't wait to get rid of this guy. And to think we could have had Patrick Roy as our headcoach! :cry:

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Subban is really not playing like he should. No ********** effort. Under Martin he was the goto guy to face Crosby and Ovy.. Now MT use him like MAB... Unreal. PK has to take a part of the blame too tho..

And how in the blue hell are the fowards just waiting at the blue line with 0 speed to enter the zone...it's mindboggling

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
I hope Subban Demands a trade.The team doesn't deserve P.K. with the way he has been treated by MT.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
I hope Subban Demands a trade.The team doesn't deserve P.K. with the way he has been treated by MT.

He has to step up his game also. Therrien take 90% of the blame but imo Subban has to take the other 10%. Try to make your coach look like a fool and prove everybody he should play you more.

Imo Therrien already look like a fool but you get what I mean.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
In defence of the team, these last few have to be the hardest games to play.

The season is so over.

NYI have a bunch of guys desperate to be NHLers.

Who wants to get hurt in a game like this?

No big deal.

dreamingofdrouin*

People seeing score tonight and seeing beaulieu sent down.

qY4Prfc.gif

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Mark my words everybody, the Habs will not get by Tampa with Gionta on the second line. Book it.

Better hope either Eller gets that top 6 spot, or Briere gets a promotion, because we will not win this series with a first line, two third lines, and a fourth line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad