Post-Game Talk: Habs blow an easy win

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
For all their vaunted character, this team choked away a definite win and then didn't show up for a game against a team with a depleted line up in less than 24 hours.

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Very bad game. First line wasn't doing anything and Emelin was weak. These behind-the-back no look passes Pacioretty keeps trying to pull off are just so infuriating...Vanek fails half the time and Pacioretty every single time.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
well there is 3 hours I'll never get back. Agree we need some momentum going into playoffs. Max needs 40, Gally needs 20, our team needs a 100, come on.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Impressed by the effort...

Tampa in 4

What this game told me is that we don't really care. That was NOT a meaningless game.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Outcoached again. Therrien can't motivate his ****ing team.

Completely insane how we continue to make the same mistakes since game 1. PP is completely useless, all they do is sit there and freeze if the one play they have isn't there.

Overloading to the puck side is so ****ing dumb because if it gets through, and it does too often, we're exposed on that side.

We are also terrible for chasing the puck behind our net and leaving the slot open.

No ability (for 10 seasons now) to score in the dirty areas of the ice. Can't get shots. Can't get shots through. Break out is terrible. Coach has absolutely no idea which defensemen he should use.

Terrible effort against Tampa Bay in a must win game.. and tonight, an easy win is shat on by one of the worst performances of the season. Against an AHL team with a fossil in net and an oblivious oaf as a coach.

Bishop or Lindback, it won't matter, with efforts like this, an inability to fix and adapt, season long, in-game, will be our demise.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
The 6th time this season the Habs have been shutout and 5 of the 6 shutouts have been on home ice..

Anyway terrible effort tonight with home ice in the playoffs on the line..

we have the coaching advantage on the road

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Bad effort by the boys, but thinking about it, I prefer to start in Tampa with less pressure on us.

On a side note, am I the only one feeling that Gallagher has REALLY slowed down in the last 25 games or so. He's getting on my nerves lol. He doesn't win puck battles anymore, so sloppy with the puck. Have him and Eller on the 3rd line would probably be best for both of them.

Maybe something like this :
Bourque/Prust/Moen/Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Eller - Briere - Gallagher ?

Angels

Mar 10, 2014
Canada
I don't understand how they played so great yesterday and today...no effort what so ever...

I swear I feel bad for Price...:shakehead

dreamingofdrouin*

what a sickening game....****....we had so much momentum headed to the playoffs....we had soo much going for us and that ****ing ending to the game last night and this follow up just took the wind out of our sails...if we go in to saturdays game and get a win ( and even that doesnt guarantee us home ice now) and end up with home ice all is forgotten but its gonna give tampa a huge bost to know they were able to catch up and overtake us and its going to absoultely destroy us. ****

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Team was flat in the second game in 2 day after a hard loss against a top team and a plane ride back home from Chicago during the night.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Was frustrated by the force passes to Pacioretty all ****ing night.

Also, can someone tell the coaches that the forwards are too far from the ****ing D.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Should have dressed Beaulieu instead of Subban. I would give him, Pacioretty and plekanec the night off against New York saturday.

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007
I'm pretty sure the fans were booing the team's effort and failure to create anything. Not specifically Subban. But Subban has to bounce back like he's shown before. He won't be earning any ice time with this kind of play.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
vanek needs to stop passing to pacioretty, just shoot it.

I hope this is a wake up call, i would rather lose and go to reality before playoffs then the other way around

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Team was flat in the second game in 2 day after a hard loss against a top team and a plane ride back home from Chicago during the night.

It was an AHL team.
With an AHL defense.
A fossil in net.

For home ice advantage in the play-offs.

No excuses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad