Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Sens 3-2, Scherbust Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Good game. A lot of promise from Kotkaniemi. Looking forward to seeing him full time next year. Reilly, was good, too.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
DnwPlKqXsAAzahw.jpg:large

Tatar is Robocop

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Am I crazy to think that no way Pacioretty outscored Tatar by over 20 points? Take the more skilled player that helps with your pp, a top end prospect and a 2nd to compensate for 20 points. Unreal.

Pacioretty plays a more simplified game and has a wicked shot.

Tatar looks fancy but some of the stuff I've seen him do isn't necessary.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
When Old Man Craig made the comparison a few nights ago, I agreed with him and told him The Eagle's face even resembles Bobby Smith. God I hope, Kot develops into the type of player Bobby was.
The way he skates, the way he handles the puck and his lanky stature reminded me of Smith, I loved Bobby Smith as a hab, he tilted the ice in our favour so many times.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Am I crazy to think that no way Pacioretty outscored Tatar by over 20 points? Take the more skilled player that helps with your pp, a top end prospect and a 2nd to compensate for 20 points. Unreal.

Vegas is an already good team that is trying to improve, so they're stuck making improvements at the margins.

It's like a bodybuilder at 8% bodyfat trying to get down to 7% .That will actually require a lot of effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobra Commander

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
This is one of those games that proves that stats can be misleading. Tkachuk has a goal to his name but that was on a breakaway and he was otherwise invisible. Kotkaniemi created something every shift and hit three posts.
Therein lies the difference between having a talented center over a talented winger, I have been screaming this for years. A good 1-2-3 center trio is the key to everything, a great center can make any average winger look good but it won't usually happen the other way around.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

It's possible.

Tatar was a pretty high profile player who couldn't even crack Vegas's 4th line...so he could rebound and re-become the caliber of player they paid so much for at the TDL, or he could not. If he does - yes it's closer to Pacioretty.

That being said - I expect Pacioretty to have an absolutely huge season in Vegas. So even if Tatar does well - Pacioretty could be quite high to reach this year.

Finally - 20 points, such a value difference. I mean - yes. That's how the NHL has become. Take a look at Crosby or Malkin or even McDavid. Subtract 20 points from their season totals and look at the players who scores in that point range. You'd be shocked - 20 points is pretty big atm.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
It's possible.

Tatar was a pretty high profile player who couldn't even crack Vegas's 4th line...so he could rebound and re-become the caliber of player they paid so much for at the TDL, or he could not. If he does - yes it's closer to Pacioretty.

That being said - I expect Pacioretty to have an absolutely huge season in Vegas. So even if Tatar does well - Pacioretty could be quite high to reach this year.

Finally - 20 points, such a value difference. I mean - yes. That's how the NHL has become. Take a look at Crosby or Malkin or even McDavid. Subtract 20 points from their season totals and look at the players who scores in that point range. You'd be shocked - 20 points is pretty big atm.
20 pts takes you down to scheifele territory. Take 20 from a 60 pt guy and you have a guy you don't know is top or bottom 6.

Reactions: jaffy27

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Definitely sign Ward. He will be a great presence for the youngsters.

Ok but who do you cut ties with to make that happen. As it stands now, if we keep 14 forwards that means we likely have DLR and Scherbak sitting in the stands. If Ward is added, we then have to either sit Ward in the stands and cut ties with one of DLR or Scherbak or if we play Ward, we have to still cut ties with one of DLR and Scherbak, plus we now have to take another young player out of the lineup (such as Hudon, Armia, Peca, or Lehkonen) to make room for Ward.

This is our lineup pretty much, without Ward:

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Domi
Byron Plekanec Armia
Hudon Peca Lehkonen
Scherbak, DLR

Where does Ward fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad