Confirmed with Link: Habs Acquire Joel Armia, Steve Mason, 2019 7th & 2020 4th for Simon Bourque

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
If you look it up it is actually near best in the league for points per minutes played

With basically zero Powerplay time. Armia is a good player. He is not Sidney Crosby; however I don't see any Sidney Crosby's being traded for a cap dump off. Jets fans seem to be saying that it is tough to see him go. We are lucky to get him for this price. Hopefully he can improve a bit more as well.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
If you look it up it is actually near best in the league for points per minutes played
Not even close lol. At his rate of production if he averaged 21 minutes a game which is huge for a winger he would only have 58 points.......I like Armia as well but no need to fabricate facts here.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Not even close lol. At his rate of production if he averaged 21 minutes a game which is huge for a winger he would only have 58 points.......I like Armia as well but no need to fabricate facts here.
No need to have unrealistic expectations, but IF he stays healthy and IF given the opportunity, he will give you 40 points. Armia is a big, talented middle six winger who can play anywhere in the lineup, in all situations and is a possession beast. You will be very happy with him.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009

58 points with basically zero pp times sounds good considering the high number of powerplay points a few players get.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
why are you saying this ?? did I ever say something similar to this ?? do you remember one single poster saying something like that ??

the search for character is how MB burned this team to the ground, yet you think this "character trade" will improve the team ??

thanks for trying to teach me something I already know.
You said
"more like these ? how many do you think it would take to turn the Habs into a playoff team (even the worst one) ?

you are qualifying as GREAT something that will not change the Habs present or future..."

So obviously you're looking for a bigger trade than the one that just happened, which would be what? You're in the group of bitter fans that can't appreciate a nice, small move like this one that does have a chance to improve the future of the team. If you're searching for an answer to how many moves like these will turn Habs into (even the worst) playoff team, then you aren't looking at the big picture of building with our young talent and not worrying about making playoffs this year. I have no problem with the team being shitty this year if it helps their future. Armia might not pan out, but it's a pretty low risk move for a guy who has talent and could turn into something, for basically nothing.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
obviously you're looking for a bigger trade than the one that just happened, which would be what? You're in the group of bitter fans that can't appreciate a nice, small move like this one that does have a chance to improve the future of the team. If you're searching for an answer to how many moves like these will turn Habs into (even the worst) playoff team, then you aren't looking at the big picture of building with our young talent and not worrying about making playoffs this year. I have no problem with the team being ****ty this year if it helps their future. Armia might not pan out, but it's a pretty low risk move for a guy who has talent and could turn into something, for basically nothing.
The only thing obvious is you not understanding post you're quoting.

Nowhere, literally, you'll find post of me asking for more Moves like these...

And nowhere literally you'll find post of me asking for this team tout be compétitive this Season or next...

I just happen not to be stupid enough to think the Stastny ror and dehaan attempts are rebuilding ones...

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
When Armia was drafted he was known to be a great shot and skilled overall. In his last year in Finland he started to become a more well rounded player. Now he's become one of the best back checkers in the game while his offence has been under the radar (due to low minutes mostly).

I'm pretty sure you'll love him in Montreal. Make no mistake if he gets a TOP 6 role he's going to hit 40-50 points next year. For Armia Montreal is a great new start. He was never going to carve out a career to his full potential in Winnipeg (Laine, Wheeler).

He could be next years William Karlsson.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
58 points with basically zero pp times sounds good considering the high number of powerplay points a few players get.
58 points was based on doubling his TOI to 21 minutes which will never happen. He did play up in the lineup for sometime due to injuries as well. 15 minutes is much more likely which would put him at about 44 points which is nowhere near the top of the league as a previous poster had fabricated. Once again, I really like Armia but I take issue with the constant lies people tell to support their ridiculous theories.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
58 points was based on doubling his TOI to 21 minutes which will never happen. He did play up in the lineup for sometime due to injuries as well. 15 minutes is much more likely which would put him at about 44 points which is nowhere near the top of the league as a previous poster had fabricated. Once again, I really like Armia but I take issue with the constant lies people tell to support their ridiculous theories.

What if you increase his TOI to 16min / game and give him 1min30sec per game on the powerplay? The point I am making is out of his 12:36 of ice per game last season, 1min30sec ish was on the penalty kill. He has next to nothing for powerplay time. If you give him increased TOI and any powerplay time at all his points should spike. He hit 29 points with 12:36 of ice and 40.6% Offensive starts. He put up a bunch of points at even strength and on pk with minimal ice time and did it starting from his end of the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: HKbleu

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Watching some YouTube highlights, he's got some range with his shot. He has the ability to beat goalies clean.
He snipes some laine esque goals from time to time. He was inconsistent offensively rho during his stint in the peg. Might be due to role and minutes tho. He wont dissapoint.

Wizard at stealing pucks and pretty much only scores highlight reel goals. I hope he gets a chance at a top 6 role to see if that allows him to breakout truly.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Armia is a 3rd line forward on a good team. Habs are a dog shit team so he's likely to get top 6 minutes. Not going to light the world on fire and would be shocked if he gets more than 40 points next year.

t. Watched a ton of Jets games.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Watching some YouTube highlights, he's got some range with his shot. He has the ability to beat goalies clean.

He's got all the tools to be a good top 6 player but it's almost like he gets all the tools in his tool box and on his way up to the stage to announce his presence to the world he wipes the f*** out and has to re-gather all of his tools again.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Jets fans seem to think Armia can become a 50+ pt producer.
Excited to see him play next season.

I think we could sign him for 2 mil x 3 years

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Very excited for armia, he has top6 potential, given his defensive skillset, mobility and he has shown skill that has been inconsistent. I'm hoping he plays with someone to set him up, and I would be open to seeing him play with Drouin for a number of reasons:

1)Size and Speed that you can trust to defend well, helps Drouin get space as he goes to the net.(if we win any games next year, it'll be a GRINE DESE GUYS kind of W)
2) Armia frees Gallagher to boost the second line's overall quality about as much as possible without further moves, Gallagher rips it up against lesser competition
3)His consistency will most likely be improved if he's getting those quality minutes and a clear role.

He might not succeed, but it should be tried because like others in this thread, I could see him putting up 40-50 points, the latter occuring if he has PP time.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Baywulf

Feb 23, 2017
Armia is a guy who has top6 skill set with bottom6 mind set. If he can at some point find his inner Wheeler he will be an elite player. Now he still sometimes looks like a confused teenager who loves hockey but doesn't know how to body check properly. Little more strenght mentally and physically and he will be an amazing player. Especially his stick handling is very fun to watch.

Last edited:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
When Armia was drafted he was known to be a great shot and skilled overall. In his last year in Finland he started to become a more well rounded player. Now he's become one of the best back checkers in the game while his offence has been under the radar (due to low minutes mostly).

I'm pretty sure you'll love him in Montreal. Make no mistake if he gets a TOP 6 role he's going to hit 40-50 points next year. For Armia Montreal is a great new start. He was never going to carve out a career to his full potential in Winnipeg (Laine, Wheeler).

He could be next years William Karlsson.

This is so funny. The Habs got him for a cap dump, Bourque, and two picks that won't amount to anything?

Can Toews be had for a similar price?

William Karlsson?

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Armia is a guy who has top6 skill set with bottom6 mind set.
Correct. According to Erik Haula, learning out of bottom6 mindset doesn't happen overnight. Haula did it in Vegas. I'm sure Armia can also pull it off, with even better offensive toolset.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
This is so funny. The Habs got him for a cap dump, Bourque, and two picks that won't amount to anything?

Can Toews be had for a similar price?

William Karlsson?
What exactly are you trying to say? That Armia isn't capable of scoring 40-50 points next year?

I wouldn't say this for any player, but seen him play from a 17 year old kid in FEL to what he's now, I'm pretty sure what he's got in his toolbox. And you can see it too, by watching games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad