GDT: Habs @ Abs | 7pm MT | The ONLY Emergency GDT

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
That was the worst game this teams played in a long time.

It’s clear they dumped everything they had into the 4 goal comeback against Pitt and took the night off.

• Haha
Reactions: Habano

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Feels bad for Mittelstadt. Not saying he played that well but bringing him and then putting him on a line with two defensive forwards playing the same exact way. Couldn’t they try something like this in the 3rd :
Drouin-Mack-Nuke
Lehk-Mitts-Rants
or
Lehk-Mack-Rants
Drouin-Mitts-Nuke

I think we’ve seen Drouin and Mitts chemistry too.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
On the bright side… I thought Annunen played another solid game.

One thing I’ve noticed from him is that he bounces back really well from early soft goals. Because that second one was ugly, but he held it down the rest of the way. Good for him.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
The powerplay was exceptionally poor tonight. Could have really used a goal and instead they completely lost any momentum they had.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
f***ing embarrassing joke. The worst possible thing that could have happened tonight was scoring a pretty goal in the first minute.

The rest of the game they treated like a preseason, all star type game. It's f***ing pathetic to see that kind of effort at this point in the season.

Losses happen, but shit like tonight is completely unacceptable. You lost because you put no effort in. Not because the other team was better.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Feels bad for Mittelstadt. Not saying he played that well but bringing him and then putting him on a line with two defensive forwards playing the same exact way. Couldn’t they try something like this in the 3rd :
Drouin-Mack-Nuke
Lehk-Mitts-Rants
or
Lehk-Mack-Rants
Drouin-Mitts-Nuke

I think we’ve seen Drouin and Mitts chemistry too.
Nuke is almost a PPG winger. I wouldn't really call him a defensive forward. He's a 2 way power forward.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Meh. Avs didn’t put in a great effort and let the Habs dictate this game after around midway through the second. Give the Habs credit, they did a good job of disrupting passing lanes and seemingly won EVERY puck battle. Avs had plenty of chances to really swing momentum but never put it together after that garbage third power play.

Annunen was not the primary reason they lost but…he really needed to have the two goals he let in. Oh well, I’m not about to blame him when the entire team in front of him was just plain awful tonight.

Somewhat growing concern about Nichushkin, who’s been bad for a few games now and was positively dreadful tonight. Soft, slow, and just plain clumsy with the puck.

Anyway, I’m not that worried. Avs kinda needed a wake up call after getting away with one against the Pens.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I just think everyone had an off game, no one could consistently make or receive a pass. Looked like they weren’t taking the game seriously and when things didn’t just fall in place they couldn’t get it into gear.

Like I said previously, games like this are good prior to the playoffs. Stark reminder that you can’t just flick the switch every time

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2