GDT: Habs @ Abs | 7pm MT | The ONLY Emergency GDT

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Matheson has been around the league for a long ass time.

One of the most YOLO offensive dmen in the league lol

His skating is one of the best in the league and would probably do well with the Avs TBH.

Matheson got an 8 year contract from Florida out of his ELC purely based on potential but never really overplayed that contract. His story reminds me of Girard's.

He's also famous for this @Pokecheque

Nope, not ringing any bells.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
His skating is one of the best in the league and would probably do well with the Avs TBH.

Matheson got an 8 year contract from Florida out of his ELC purely based on potential but never really overplayed that contract. His story reminds me of Girard's.

He's also famous for this @Pokecheque

Really weird move by Tallon. Took a huge gamble on a 23rd overall pick, giving him $4.75M for 8 years, after essentially just one season where he scored 7 goals and 17 points in 81 games.

He didn't really put up big numbers in the AHL or in college either.

Didn't really live up to that cap hit until the last year or two given his style, and it's because his assist totals have gone up. His career high was 10 goals 27 points, and then 11 goals 31 points a few years ago.

Shows the downside of making bad gambles, and avoiding bridge deals for unproven players.

Good for him though on sticking with it and finding some success in Montreal.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nope, not ringing any bells.

You really don't remember him from this?

Balthazar wouldn't shut up about it for like two months.

One of many really dumb contracts signed by Dale Tallon. Florida is lucky they were able to pawn him off on his hometown team, and to be fair he's done fairly well there. Talented, big, but really seems one-dimensional. He's Ryan Graves cranked up to, like, 11.

Fun fact, his wife is Emily Pfalzer and she has a very impressive collection of gold medals playing defense for Team USA over the years.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You really don't remember him from this?

Balthazar wouldn't shut up about it for like two months.

One of many really dumb contracts signed by Dale Tallon. Florida is lucky they were able to pawn him off on his hometown team, and to be fair he's done fairly well there. Talented, big, but really seems one-dimensional. He's Ryan Graves cranked up to, like, 11.

Fun fact, his wife is Emily Pfalzer and she has a very impressive collection of gold medals playing defense for Team USA over the years.
I barely remember anything about last night's Avalanche game I watched ~7 hours ago, I'm not remembering something involving another team from five and a half years ago. Watching the video I'm finding it very hard to believe Pettersson's been around that long.

Also watching that video I'm seeing Pettersson simply being a wee guy who gets flung to the ice by someone bigger than he is. Not a penalty imo.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I barely remember anything about last night's Avalanche game I watched ~7 hours ago, I'm not remembering something involving another team from five and a half years ago. Watching the video I'm finding it very hard to believe Pettersson's been around that long.

Also watching that video I'm seeing Pettersson simply being a wee guy who gets flung to the ice by someone bigger than he is. Not a penalty imo.
Yes, it's a penalty. You don't get to pick guys up and throw them down, I don't care how "wee" they are. Even Mr. Leniency, Mr. Violent Gentleman himself, says "This is not a hockey play." Because it wasn't. That was Matheson being a man-child who was pissed that Pettersson clowned him so easily earlier in that shift.

Pettersson, to his credit, has gotten a lot more elusive as his career has progressed. For a guy who doesn't have a ton of speed at his disposal he can maneuver in tight spaces really well, and that particular incident likely taught him to have more awareness at all times.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Oh shit, my bad. Don't know why I typed that. For some reason got him and Wood mixed up...:dunno: Both he and Colton only got 10 minutes last night. That's Ryan Johansen usage, and they got KILLED every time they took the ice, in a game where the overall shot share overwhelmingly favored the home team. That's...not good.

Also, I'm calling it now:

Joel Kiviranta gets the GWG in Game 7 of the Avs/Stars Bubble playoff series, ends up on the Avs.

Joonas Korpisalo gets the GWG in Game 7 of the Avs/Sharks playoff series, ends up on the Avs.

Joel Armia gets the GWG in both regular season games against the Avs to sweep the season series..........

Are you okay, buddy?

First Nuke played 10 mins now Korpisalo played for the Avs and scored goals for the Sharks?

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Are you okay, buddy?

First Nuke played 10 mins now Korpisalo played for the Avs and scored goals for the Sharks?
All players named Joonas are interchangeable. Donskoi, Korpisalo, winger, goalie, it’s all the same thing

(Love though that I literally read that post as Donskoi until you pointed out they’d written a completely different name)

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Are you okay, buddy?

200w.gif

My God I'm more off than usual. Joonas DONSKOI!!!!!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
200w.gif

My God I'm more off than usual. Joonas DONSKOI!!!!!

It happens. The more we talk about the small details of hockey like we do here, the more likely we'll get some little thing wrong. Especially as we get older. I know it happens to me.

Avs broadcast has to talk for about 3 hours straight every game, and they probably get about 10-15 things wrong every time. :laugh:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It happens. The more we talk about the small details of hockey like we do here, the more likely we'll get some little thing wrong. Especially as we get older. I know it happens to me.

Avs broadcast has to talk for about 3 hours straight every game, and they probably get about 10-15 things wrong every time. :laugh:
I wish I could use the excuse that it's my age that is causing my issues, but the fact is I'm just a hockey idiot. What I lack in IQ, I make up for in... well, nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: Foppa2118

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
All players named Joonas are interchangeable. Donskoi, Korpisalo, winger, goalie, it’s all the same thing

(Love though that I literally read that post as Donskoi until you pointed out they’d written a completely different name)

Hahaha got me too honestly. I saw Joonas and my brain automatically filled in his last name as Dongskoi.

Reactions: GeoRox89

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't have an issue with Annunen either, but at the same time one must remember that goals often dictate the direction of a game. I know the Avs are a great comeback team, but sometimes you can't deliver the push needed to accomplish it and this was clearly one of those nights.
The Avs had plenty of time and opportunities to tie the game. They couldnt and they lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00