Post-Game Talk: Habs 4, Pens 3 (SO) - Well That Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Lol at the people over analyzing an October Game, Lmao. Who cares until March.

I've seen a fire Sullivan post for gods sake...come on.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Pittsburgh Penguins hockey; if we can't win by overwhelming offensive ability, we're getting outworked to an embarrassing degree and likely lose.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Zero team wide commitment to defense.

Which is bad cause this team’s defenseman as a whole suck.

Reactions: KIRK

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Pittsburgh Penguins hockey; if we can't win by overwhelming offensive ability, we're getting outworked to an embarrassing degree and likely lose.
Uncanny sometimes how the Pens and Steelers mirror each other.

Tomlin’s gameplan seems to be having his superstars simply out “skill” their opponents. No scheming to get players open, just “go out there and beat your man”...

Sully’s gameplan seems to be similar, or at least that’s how the players are playing.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Lots of negatives, but the pluses...

3rd period was good and I like that they went for it to try and get it.
PK was good - has been really good this season
DeSmith.
Letang. Maybe should have done better on the first goal but yolo.
Brassard on the 1st line. It didn't work consistently, but there were times when it was majestic. Complicates the bottom 6 but really nice option to have.
Maatta first period.

Eh. Done being nice.

The second period was an omnishambles. We're lucky to escape with a point after that.
Geno and Phil are a bit off but at least they're producing.
Sid is a bit off and isn't.
That third line is difficult to play with but is a no-go without an effective way of keeping possession in the opposition zone. Oops.
Maatta next two.
Schultz's injury. Says a lot when one of your better dmen's ankle bending like a limbo dancer comes this far down the negatives.
That second period is seriously the most we've been dominated in any game yet this season.
Weak efforts on the shoot outs fellas.

I dunno. In total, a point rescued and good to see some fire there. But I'd rather not go through all that again. My wishes will be utterly disregarded.

I doubt I'm the only person who thinks that if the top 6 is gonna blow this hot and cold, there is a good case for saying their minutes should be reduced so they can go at full intensity with a talented bottom 6 picking up the slack.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Sprong has been a positive player out there in all the games I’ve seen(missed the 1st Montreal game). No legit reason he should be playing so little.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016

The reactions of the players match the reactions of people here. There's no way Schultz is back in 2018.

He got 4 shifts after the 1st period. So your guess is about right.

So there's one offensive defenseman on this team and whatever kind of defensemen the rest are.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Honestly, I think the Penguins may need to just dumb down their system some. My memory might be off, but I don't recall this team going through so many highs and lows under Bylsma like they do now. My theory for why is that Bylsma's system was catered to low skilled grinders, so it wasn't a system that relied on players playing a very skilled game. Sullivan's system is high risk, high reward. Either the team is globetrotting out there or they look like crap, they have the skill to play this system, but I don't know if they have the skill to consistently play this system.

They need to mix it up more for sure...play more conservative D at times..

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So there's one offensive defenseman on this team and whatever kind of defensemen the rest are.

Calling Schultz an offensive defenseman may be generous based on his play this year, he fits in the "whatever kind of defensemen the rest are" category more than "offensive defenseman". He's been a dumpster fire this year.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Calling Schultz an offensive defenseman may be generous based on his play this year, he fits in the "whatever kind of defensemen the rest are" category more than "offensive defenseman". He's been a dumpster fire this year.

He's a 0.5 pts per game defenseman in his entire career basically. Beyond Letang this is gonna get ugly.

Reactions: Shady Machine

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Forgot about Schultz. Yeah, he wasn't playing well at all, but losing that guy's gonna be tough. I'm almost entirely certain he broke his tibia, and depending on whether or not he needs surgery (it usually does), he's probably gonna be gone until the playoffs. That's a brutal injury.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Zero team wide commitment to defense.

Which is bad cause this team’s defenseman as a whole suck.

I believe it's more a 5 man thing than certain D.
Theres 4 clear top D atm and they haven't been put in the top 4 yet.
Give it time with how they are playing atm and Riikola will suck too.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Set up the tempo, rake the leaves, prepare the trees for winter, put the patio set and the BBQ in the shed?

HAHAHAHAHAH

WTF are you doing?!?!

Winter...means I might wear long pants and a long t-shirt a bit more. It is like getting down to 56*F at night and I am freezing my ass off.

California has a few benefits still. Just a few though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad