Post-Game Talk: Habs 4, Pens 3 (SO) - Well That Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Letang and DeSmith were really, really good. The PK was too.

Nobody else really was. They ranged from decent to god awful, and you know what, Sid may have been about the worst of the lot. A total no show tonight.

Which leaves this point . . . regarding that delay of game penalty, I've seen it with the roles reversed, and people criticize Geno for being lazy because he's gliding to a change but not Sid for jumping on early. Tonight, with the roles reversed . . . well, we can't say Sid was lazy, can we?

I mean, Geno and Phil have been a total adventure. But, in 4 games, Geno has 8 points and Phil has 7. They are the team's two leading scorers. Maybe a little less focus on their shortcomings and a little more on the other paid guys up front and on the blueline who aren't earning their keeps?

EDIT: I still think Riikola is the 3rd best defenseman on the team, although tonight that was a comment about how bad Maatta and Johnson (except for the 5 on 3) were and not a big endorsement of Riikola, who was good and bad tonight.

Last edited:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
t3g1sx5.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We got a point in a game we shouldn't have.

This loss was nowhere near as embarrassing as the losses beginning the year last year.

This game is a perfect example of why Johnson can't be in our top four. Utility # 6 that PKs.

Line 3 should've been broken up after their first shift. No reason that line should've seen more time than Simon - Cullen - Sprong.

Also, I think it was a perfect example of why Rust shouldn't play LW. He was a ghost out there.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
+ Letang, the PK, another point for Sprong despite the hand he's dealt night in and night out
- Sid, Geno, Maatta, everything else really
- Extra minus to Maatta just in case the first one was too fast for him.

Got a point when we shouldn't have, which is nice. Also gave Montreal three of a possible four points. f***ing yikes, boys.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Micro-cosm of the teams play to date this season.
Geno and Sid with half assed efforts in the shootout.

I don't know what Sully and company have to do to get these guys up for full games. They thought they had it won after the 1st period. They deserved the loser point tonight.

This team shouldn't be getting outshot so badly and it goes right to the effort level.

Reactions: Angrrus and Andy99

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
The annual sleepwalking through October is very frustrating. I'm sure it will be a distant memory in a couple of months, but it would be nice if the guys acknowledged that these points they are giving away actually matter.

Reactions: StaalForOne

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It looks like no one watches games anymore. That was a really good third period. probably best period so far. Johnson with a strong game, Riikola too, all three lines played well, defense activated, still things to work on, but that looked much better than first two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad