Post-Game Talk: Habs 4, Pens 3 (SO) - Well That Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Sid is married with a kid. He's married to the rink and his kid's name is hockey. Dude's entire existence is hockey. :laugh:

I'm imagine Sid would be a horrendous S/O. Not because he's a bad person, but because he's so fanatically, manically devoted to the game that there would be no time or effort left for his wife.

Last edited:
Reactions: JackFr and ncm7772

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yes, the Caps dominated us that entire series than choked hard in Game 7.

Fleury bailed us out the 1st period. Rust scored his typical Game 7 goal than Hornqvist got a weak back breaker.
I've seen you bring this matter up a few times. And while I disagree with your assessment I'm wondering as to the reasons why you keep examining this. Would you feel better if the Caps prevailed in that series?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I've seen you bring this matter up a few times. And while I disagree with your assessment I'm wondering as to the reasons why you keep examining this. Would you feel better if the Caps prevailed in that series?

I think it just illustrates the should’ve could’ve thing perfectly.

I also think it helps explain why you shouldn’t be frustrated about the Caps series last year. We basically were playing with statistics. They honestly spotted us two series one in 09 and one in 2017.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I'm fine with people calling out the play, but we've seen this from Sid like 1001094309043859328 times early in the season. This is not something new in any way. And dude has delivered every single time when it matters.

Although I do agree with the poster earlier who said Sid should get married and have a kid. The different perspective could reignite his want/need to be the best of all time. I've heard many times that a child has done stuff like that. Could be sort of funny. :laugh:

Hah, I’ve thought that too. Mario came out of retirement and dominated as a slow old man so Austin could see him play. Maybe Sid is just delaying that second wind as long as possible.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think it just illustrates the should’ve could’ve thing perfectly.

I also think it helps explain why you shouldn’t be frustrated about the Caps series last year. We basically were playing with statistics.
We were injured, and we were fatigued, but the Caps were deserving of winning that series and eventually the cup. That said I think going back to back is a much more arduous process than what the Caps did. I wouldn't trade places with anyone in that regard over the past three seasons.

I've seen a lot of people in this forum disparage our 2017 team and I'm not sure why. If we were that abysmal or that lucky, what does that say about the other 15 teams in that years playoffs? I'm sure all of them would wish they were in our shoes/skates as we hoisted yet another cup victory.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We were injured, and we were fatigued, but the Caps were deserving of winning that series and eventually the cup. That said I think going back to back is a much more arduous process than what the Caps did. I wouldn't trade places with anyone in that regard over the past three seasons.

I've seen a lot of people in this forum disparage our 2017 team and I'm not sure why. If we were that abysmal or that lucky, what does that say about the other 15 teams in that years playoffs? I'm sure all of them would wish they were in our shoes/skates as we hoisted yet another cup victory.

I’m not disparaging the 2017 team at all. We won every game despite having a pretty terrible defense and multiple injuries during the playoffs to Hagelin, Hornqvist, Schultz etc.

Saying another team should have won a game because that dominated us for two games and then were a complete no show in Game 7 is not taking anything away from our team’s performance in 2017.

Like I’ve said before 2017 is a testament to our coaching staff the way they used our D that year in the playoffs was pure beauty.

Reactions: JackFr

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I am a firm believer that just like a team, sometimes you need to shuffle the deck with the coaching staff.

Sullivan is a fantastic coach that needs someone to reign him in and keep him in check. His assistants for the most part, suck and need to be shuffled. Too bad they didn't do it this past summer, I somehow got chastised for saying Sully should be fired when really, he needs better assistants is what I was getting at.

Martin sucks, Sarge should stick with one on one coaching, Recchi is the biggest idiot on that bench.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I am a firm believer that just like a team, sometimes you need to shuffle the deck with the coaching staff.

Sullivan is a fantastic coach that needs someone to reign him in and keep him in check. His assistants for the most part, suck and need to be shuffled. Too bad they didn't do it this past summer, I somehow got chastised for saying Sully should be fired when really, he needs better assistants is what I was getting at.

Martin sucks, Sarge should stick with one on one coaching, Recchi is the biggest idiot on that bench.

I won't go on to say Recchi is an idiot but I agree that coaching might not be his thing and we need to try something else there.. Wasn't he player development in W-B prior? Id still like to see him stay in the organization maybe what he was doing before.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
What evidence do people here have that our assistant coaching sucks? Maybe people here are on the team and I don’t know about it.

Reactions: Guentz

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I won't go on to say Recchi is an idiot but I agree that coaching might not be his thing and we need to try something else there.. Wasn't he player development in W-B prior? Id still like to see him stay in the organization maybe what he was doing before.

I think he should be an assistant coach in the AHL. I find it f***ing ridiculous that Recchi was given such a big role after not having any role in any capacity as a coach. Tocchet was an assistant and head coach for a few years before he even got that role with Sullivan.

Recchi literally got that job because of who he is friends with. I thought that sort of dumb shit was done with, but nope, old boy's club still.

Reactions: Clare2904
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad