Post-Game Talk: Habs 4, Pens 3 (SO) - Well That Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
Also, not having Sid and Geno going at first three tries in SO should be an easy decision at this point.
Get Guentzel, Rust, Brass and whoever out there with Letang.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Unfortunately that's like saying he was the least smelly turd tonight out of a whole pile of them.

His stats were actually legit good, it wasn't just relative to the **** stain that the rest of the team was tonight. They weren't just relative good, they were actually good.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Did you guys see Gallagher hugging his teammate praying for Crosby to fail his during SO attempt? These guys are playing with passion. The type of stuff you see during the playoffs lol

Because this is their playoffs. They have to play with emotion every night to even have a chance. Very little high end talent on that club.

Reactions: Angrrus and KIRK

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It looks like no one watches games anymore. That was a really good third period. probably best period so far. Johnson with a strong game, Riikola too, all three lines played well, defense activated, still things to work on, but that looked much better than first two

You can have the best third period in the world, but when you scuttled your chances with the most embarrassing second period ever, it really doesnt matter.

They THREW away this game.

Not every player needs to be fired. But I also dont need to sing their praises with piss poor performances, either.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He was the best Penguins player by a noticeable margin in CF%, was an absolute rock on the PK and was a net positive in both chances and high danger chances against relative to the rest of the team. But yeah, he sucks ass.

If nothing else, his work on the PK makes the "Johnson sucks ass" takes tonight utter BS.

I get your point..

But, he sucked ass tonight.

Reactions: CertifiedLurker

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Talent means we still have 5 points in 8 4 games with that effort.]

hahah, scathing burn on the rest of the league.

It is a good point though.

That a sleepwalk effort will get you 60% of possible points just by itself, lol.

Last edited:

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
At some point, you need to start asking questions about whether this team is a paper tiger and whether this team is still responding to Sullivan. They are definitely not at that point right now, but get back to me in a month if they're still playing like this.

"Our game" relies on a lot of crisp passing and strong one on one defensive plays. Because we're flubbing so many passes and receptions, teams that play behind the puck are going to do well. We need to improve our execution but mostly we need to get organised defensively. We're giving up too much space in the neutral zone and our centremen need to be smarter around our own net. Effort or no, we're leaving too many guys open and making bad decisions on being the 2nd guy in. We're a team that needs another couple weeks of practice tbh.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
Micro-cosm of the teams play to date this season.
Geno and Sid with half assed efforts in the shootout.

I don't know what Sully and company have to do to get these guys up for full games. They thought they had it won after the 1st period. They deserved the loser point tonight.

This team shouldn't be getting outshot so badly and it goes right to the effort level.
Sid and especially Geno haven't been successful in SO for quite some time. Don't know why Sullivan still goes this rout. Just get other guys out there. I don't think anyone would be against it

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
- Looked like Brassard was starting to figure things out with Crosby and Guentzel his last few shifts. Think they could be a really effective line if given some time. Just hate what it does to the third line.

- I don’t get what Sprong did to essentially get benched. He should have been rewarded with more ice time and gets the opposite. Just weird in a weird kind of way.

- Thought line two was really coming on in the third, but damn Malkin needs to shoot the puck.

- Going to cut Maatta a break. Kind of at the point I just feel badly for him.

- Cullen needs to show a little more, doesn’t look good. Feel pretty strongly TB could be doing better, but hopefully something changes there.

Reactions: KIRK

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
As I said earlier, I've felt very "meh" overall about our season so far. Even during the summer I didn’t invest much emotionally at all.

Maybe I'm just getting old but I don't feel anywhere near the connection that I felt with rosters we've had in past years and if we win or lose.

Am I crazy??

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
- Looked like Brassard was starting to figure things out with Crosby and Guentzel his last few shifts. Think they could be a really effective line if given some time. Just hate what it does to the third line.

- I don’t get what Sprong did to essentially get benched. He should have been rewarded with more ice time and gets the opposite. Just weird in a weird kind of way.

- Thought line two was really coming on in the third, but damn Malkin needs to shoot the puck.

- Going to cut Maatta a break. Kind of at the point I just feel badly for him.

- Cullen needs to show a little more, doesn’t look good. Feel pretty strongly TB could be doing better, but hopefully something changes there.

The whole bottom line pretty much got sat outside of Cullen who was PKing mainly.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"Our game" relies on a lot of crisp passing and strong one on one defensive plays. Because we're flubbing so many passes and receptions, teams that play behind the puck are going to do well. We need to improve our execution but mostly we need to get organised defensively. We're giving up too much space in the neutral zone and our centremen need to be smarter around our own net. Effort or no, we're leaving too many guys open and making bad decisions on being the 2nd guy in. We're a team that needs another couple weeks of practice tbh.

Honestly, I think the Penguins may need to just dumb down their system some. My memory might be off, but I don't recall this team going through so many highs and lows under Bylsma like they do now. My theory for why is that Bylsma's system was catered to low skilled grinders, so it wasn't a system that relied on players playing a very skilled game. Sullivan's system is high risk, high reward. Either the team is globetrotting out there or they look like crap, they have the skill to play this system, but I don't know if they have the skill to consistently play this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->