Post-Game Talk: Habs 4, Pens 3 (SO) - Well That Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The whole bottom line pretty much got sat outside of Cullen who was PKing mainly.

Ya so basically Simon (was trying not to complain since I’m biased towards him) and Sprong, the two fwds who had any jump when they were out there for the first two periods.

Oh, and also got them on the board first.

Don’t rag on Sullivan too much, but he should be rewarding effort from young legs, especially when they produced.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I gotta say watching Sid play like that makes me believe he'll never win an Art Ross again. Can't expect him to win any trophy for that matter if he takes the first 30 games or so off.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Brassard-Crosby-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Malkin-Rust
Guentzel-Sheahan-Kessel
Simon-Cullen-Sprong

That’s what I’d try. And before people freak about the idea of separating the incredibly potent April duo that is Guentzel and Crosby, just chill. All lines change.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I gotta say watching Sid play like that makes me believe he'll never win an Art Ross again. Can't expect him to win any trophy for that matter if he takes the first 30 games or so off.
Maybe not, but if this is what he needs to do to conserve energy as he gets older in order to put forth Conn Smythe level performances in the playoffs, so be it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ya so basically Simon (was trying not to complain since I’m biased towards him) and Spro
ng, the two fwds who had any jump when they were out there for the first two periods.

Oh, and also got them on the board first.

Don’t rag on Sullivan too much, but he should be rewarding effort from young legs, especially when they produced.

I agree. I think Line 2 should be the main criticism at Sullivan and also whatever the hell he thought line 3 was. Sheahan is really showing his true colors this year.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

He doesn’t care and that’s fine....all about the Cup...let him protect himself the first half of the season

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
It looks like no one watches games anymore. That was a really good third period. probably best period so far. Johnson with a strong game, Riikola too, all three lines played well, defense activated, still things to work on, but that looked much better than first two
Yeah, I liked what I was seeing in the 3rd. Something to build on.

Are you really? :laugh:

The dude could cure cancer on the ice and some Penguins fans would still be saying he sucks.
:laugh: I actually am. I thought people just wouldn't mention him.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

He doesn’t exactly get the ES finish from his line mates anymore, nor the puck touches on the PP to produce when he has off games too.. so that’s a factor. But yea, let’s be honest his lack of a goals scorers drive after winning the Rocket is perplexing.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
Brassard-Crosby-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Malkin-Rust
Guentzel-Sheahan-Kessel
Simon-Cullen-Sprong

That’s what I’d try. And before people freak about the idea of separating the incredibly potent April duo that is Guentzel and Crosby, just chill. All lines change.
Guentzel-Kessel work good together too.

But snow in Sahara might be more likely than us seeing this line up on the ice.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Can I get a refund please?

It is against Ticketmaster policy to issue refunds. Please direct all queries to the artist/venue in question.
Pittsburgh Penguins Contact Information:

Customer Service: 412-642-1842

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
This team simply isn't up to par on FUNDAMENTALS, its the reason they lose possession so god damn often. Learn how to pass a puck, shoot a puck on net, skate without falling, and receive a pass ffs. It's actually laughable if it weren't so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad