Post-Game Talk: Habs 4, Pens 3 (SO) - Well That Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
This team is just too easily shut down against “system” teams.

Miss the net far too often.

Are forced to the outside and end up taking shitty angle shots.

Get caught skating circles in their own end too often.

Reactions: Angrrus and Andy99

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
We were saying the same stuff about sid at this time last year. I just think he doesn't care about the beginning of the season anymore

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Team just looks totally rusty. Haven’t really dictated the flow of a single game yet.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Yeah Sid and Geno were guilty of a lot of lazy play tonight. Some weak plays all around, but those two were responsible for a lot tonight. Plus Schultz :( I can't see him back until after the deadline.

+ Sprong - the only thing left for him to do is to be selfish and get himself more shots. He's not going to get much space playing with Cullen and Simon.
+ Letang - another really solid game, maybe could've been stronger on the stick on Tatar's goal but he should have had more support from the centreman.
+ Brassard - I think he's wasted on Sid's line, but he was buzzing. Get him his own line and throw Sprong on it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This team shouldn't be getting outshot so badly and it goes right to the effort level.

At some point, you need to start asking questions about whether this team is a paper tiger and whether this team is still responding to Sullivan. They are definitely not at that point right now, but get back to me in a month if they're still playing like this.

Reactions: Angrrus

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
The two games against the Habs this year have been like watching all the games against the Devils last year. Faster teams just take it to the Pens. Not quite time to panic yet, but the Schultz loss is going to hurt. Great game by the PK. Letang was outstanding. Geno was bad but actually looked better than he has at most times this season. I prefer Brassard at 3C.

Reactions: Angrrus and Andy99

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
Very poor game from the Pens.

To quote the man we all know: Same old s**

Seems like coaching and mix/combos of the players are the problems right now.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Pens 'most talented forward group in the NHL 2018'
542989_10150739791522860_796022859_9168571_902559514_n.jpg

Talent means nothing when you do not give the effort.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Montreal so far in this early season just looks like they want it.

Hustle. Team D. Work Ethic. Speed.

Gotta give them credit.

The Penguins look like a team just going thru the motions right now.

But nowhere near the trainwreck that was early last yr.

Still early I'm not gonna stress it. We got a point.

If we still look lax in December than I will start to worry a bit.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i really don't want to get used to this team being lackadaisical and careless. i don't know if that's the team i saw tonight, but still.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Oh, I forgot to mention, Jack Johnson sucks ass.

He was the best Penguins player by a noticeable margin in CF%, was an absolute rock on the PK and was a net positive in both chances and high danger chances against relative to the rest of the team. But yeah, he sucks ass.

If nothing else, his work on the PK makes the "Johnson sucks ass" takes tonight utter BS.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
He was the best Penguins player by a noticeable margin in CF%, was an absolute rock on the PK and was a net positive in both chances and high danger chances against relative to the rest of the team. But yeah, he sucks ass.

Unfortunately that's like saying he was the least smelly turd tonight out of a whole pile of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad