Prospect Info: Gustav Possler (2013, 130th) ‎– '16-17: DjurgÃ¥rdens IF #80 (SWE-1)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I still think he could become our Zetterberg.. 5th round draft pick playing on the top line at the wing? Who knows what the future could hold. There was alot of praise for this pick months after the draft. However most Sabres fans just write him off being a 5th round pick and or his injury.
Most Sabres fans don't even know who we drafted last year in any round. Most Sabres fans around here have not written him off. We just don't say crazy stuff like him being a possible Zetterberg.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Possler seems to have recovered well from his injury last year and got credited for his first two points of the season yesterday (a goal and a helper). I didn't watch the game though so I can't say anything about his performance but thought you might be interested to know that he's back on track.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Possler seems to have recovered well from his injury last year and got credited for his first two points of the season yesterday (a goal and a helper). I didn't watch the game though so I can't say anything about his performance but thought you might be interested to know that he's back on track.

I've seen all 3 games and he has definitely been one of our best players, playing in the first line and first PP. Altough, after the game yesterday, he said he wasn't satisfied yet, he feels like he's got 1 or 2 levels more until he's playing like he has the ability to. Understandable, bcus of the injury he had ofcourse.

All in all, he's been good but will probably get even better and better moving forward. :handclap:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
He's getting a lot of ice time already, so the team must think he's pretty much fully recovered. He's moving well out there from what I've seen.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I've seen all 3 games and he has definitely been one of our best players, playing in the first line and first PP. Altough, after the game yesterday, he said he wasn't satisfied yet, he feels like he's got 1 or 2 levels more until he's playing like he has the ability to. Understandable, bcus of the injury he had ofcourse.

All in all, he's been good but will probably get even better and better moving forward. :handclap:

He's getting a lot of ice time already, so the team must think he's pretty much fully recovered. He's moving well out there from what I've seen.

I had pretty much written this season off developmentally figuring it would take that long for him to really feel "right" and get back to the level he was playing at, but if he's already even close to that then I've massively sold him short.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I had pretty much written this season off developmentally figuring it would take that long for him to really feel "right" and get back to the level he was playing at, but if he's already even close to that then I've massively sold him short.

Checked the box score and he had like 14 minutes at that point (while Kylington had 7), he had almost 20 by the end of it. My feed was acting up but I saw many shifts of his and he was flying really well. His goal had him swooping in on a puck in front of the net, looked very smooth in his movement to it. I was worried too, but I think that worry is almost all gone now. It looks like he will be a key player for MODO.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
MODO opened their exhibition season on August 18th, with Possler at RW1 -- Grundström-Sandin-Possler. He had one shot on goal and took a hooking penalty. Sandin scored a goal in the rematch on the 21st, but I didn't see a boxscore to know if Possler assisted and/or remained on the same line.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Make or break year for him. Needs to show that he can build on his post draft season. Needs to show that he can be a consistent threat on the ice every single game which he should be at this point. He should be one of the better producers in the league.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Possler played with Ludvig Nilsson and Emil Pettersson in MODO's third preseason game on the 28th. MODO threw 31 SOG, but were shutout by Brynas' Felix Sandstrom in a 4-0 loss. They have three more preseason games to play in September.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Kris Baker ‏@SabresProspects - Wednesday, September 9.

Nada for Olofsson (1st line) and Possler (3rd line) as MODO continues preseason with a 7-3 loss to SAIK. Grundström ('16) 1+1 for MODO.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Kris Baker ‏@SabresProspects -

Gustav Possler assists on a goal by ex-Sabre Dennis Persson for his first point of the year. MODO-Karlskrona tied 2-2 - End 2nd.

Update - Possler finished with an assist as MODO edges Karlskrona 5-4.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects -

Gustav Possler scored his fourth goal of the year in MODO's 5-2 win over Karlskrona. One-timed slapper off a low-high feed from Grundström.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00