Prospect Info: Gustav Possler (2013, 130th) ‎– '16-17: DjurgÃ¥rdens IF #80 (SWE-1)

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If I am not mistaken cant players be drafted from europe by the CHL in their import draft? thus all that really matter is if a CHL team owns his rights which would prevent him from playing in the AHL.

A CHL team could hold his rights but it wouldn't matter. Just as how Kelowna held Girgensons's CHL rights, but he could still play in the AHL because he wasn't drafted while playing in the CHL.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
And Gustav Possler scored.. Again.. Fifth game in a row. He's been amazing so far for Modo, getting TOI in both PP and PK.

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
And Gustav Possler scored.. Again.. Fifth game in a row. He's been amazing so far for Modo, getting TOI in both PP and PK.

Excellent start, if he can establish himself already as a regular contributor in the SHL this could turn out to be a really great pick. Is he still playing on the 4th line in MODO?

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Excellent start, if he can establish himself already as a regular contributor in the SHL this could turn out to be a really great pick. Is he still playing on the 4th line in MODO?

Agreed. Way too soon to tell, but a potential gem. From what I've seen, he looks really good too. Those goals don't seem flukey.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

He was a beast at Lake Placid as well. Scored some points and delivered some bone crushing hits.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
The 2013 draft just keeps looking better and better all the time. So many potential gems mined out of that class.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Played on the top line today.

Hate to rain on the parade here, it was a nice move by Possler but the defenseman quite blatantly scored on his own net:laugh:

On topic, I'm intrigued by him. Looking to be one of our better picks of 2013, hopefully they give him a contract after another couple years in Sweden

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
He's playing in Modos first line and last game he played most of all FW's

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
And...he scores again, sixth straight game. He also kicked in another one earlier, didn't count.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Guess who scored tonight? Yep, Possler for 6 games in a row! He actually scored two but one of them didn't count for some reason. Second in goalscoring now, after Linkopings Hjalmarsson. I think Possler logged over 20 minutes.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Guess who scored tonight? Yep, Possler for 6 games in a row! He actually scored two but one of them didn't count for some reason. Second in goalscoring now, after Linkopings Hjalmarsson. I think Possler logged over 20 minutes.

Just one more thing to dull the pain of this season. I don;t want to get my hopes to high but he is fun to follow so far. Imagine if he keeps it up.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Possler just scored his 7th goal for the season. Scored in 7 straights games now... and he's the 3rd player in the history of SHL to do that together with Pavel Brendl and his current teammate Per-Åge Skröder. Amazing!

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@SabresProspects

For those curious, SHL/SEL record for consecutive games with a goal is nine (Ulf Sandstrom). Possler currently at seven. #Sabres #nojinx

XO

Nov 4, 2009
@SabresProspects

For those curious, SHL/SEL record for consecutive games with a goal is nine (Ulf Sandstrom). Possler currently at seven. #Sabres #nojinx

Nevermind, that's correct, so I was wrong with my post earlier about the record. Swehockey only had stats from the 90's and Sandstrom did it in the 80's. For my team too, but I had no idea :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad