Guess Sweeney's next move thread

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I would argue we can't afford to pass up any opportunity to get a top pairing d-man like Shattenkirk. I'd expose multiple holes on the wing to fill the gaping one on D.

I understand what you're saying, but I gotta think there are better options (well, not better players than Shattenkirk, but) that don't include robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak.

Would rather deal for a minute-muncher than a true #2 if it meant not killing the forward crew. And yes, I think moving Eriksson would kill a very delicate balance for the Bruins up front.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So based on that, Krug could be out?

No way Krug out

Sweeney scouted him and signed him - I'd be very x infinity if it's Krug

If they make a move with the Blues my guess Loui and I don't like it

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I read somewhere (Twitter?) that the "blockbuster" deal would be a 5 player deal between the Blues and Flyers likely involving Oshie and possibly Simmonds.

I also read that the "blockbuster" may be contingent upon the Blues making another deal prior to completing the trade with the Flyers.

All conjecture at this point.

Well "somewhere" isn't always reliable but it may be the Bruins would be the contingency trade but if so who? If Oshie for Simmonds is the big deal

323 Krejci 7

Dec 29, 2010
sorry if i'm late to the party but where is this shattenkirk/oshie to boston stuff coming from? I haven't seen anything reported anywhere...is it just speculation or did i miss something in this thread?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'd be stunned if Krug goes anywhere.

Unless it's in a deal for a better pmd.

I'm excited for Krug to take the next step. I'm more open to him as a top 4 guy, assuming he plays with a guy legitimately better as his partner.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
sorry if i'm late to the party but where is this shattenkirk/oshie to boston stuff coming from? I haven't seen anything reported anywhere...is it just speculation or did i miss something in this thread?

The Blues are looking at making a big move. That's right out of St. Louis. They are a budget team that needs to get a young superstar under contract.

The only link to Boston is through previous conversations. I'm not sure there is any legitimate information indicating that these specific players are being talked about with the Bruins. At least not publicly.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Andy Strickland
‏@andystrickland
#stlblues have told Shattenkirk camp he isn't going anywhere

Maybe it's Pietrangelo and not Shattenkirk?

He's a bigger cap dump for the Blues, if they're trying to sign Tarasenko.

Pietrangelo is like a nice Hamilton replacement, just places with more jam. Offense and better D.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011

Pietrangelo is like a nice Hamilton replacement, just places with more jam. Offense and better D.

My guess would be Bouwmeester as a guy who could move

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I would be stunned

Sorry I edited my post after you quoted.

A few more reasons:

Pietrangelo is like a nice Hamilton replacement, just plays with more jam. Offense and better D.

---

I'd be stunned too, but if Shattenkirk is staying and Tarasenko is staying.. then what is the blockbuster? Oshie is not blockbuster level. Neither is Bouwmeester.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Pietrangelo would be huge, crazy but I don't want to get my hopes up for it.

rob4748

Jul 5, 2013
No way Krug out

Sweeney scouted him and signed him - I'd be very x infinity if it's Krug

If they make a move with the Blues my guess Loui and I don't like it

Why are you against moving Loui? We keep talking about Sweeney and how he wants players to fit this bruins mold.. Does Loui really fit that?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

/QUOTE]

Hard to believe it's Pietrangelo. Then again, we've seen some crazy things the past few days. I have no idea what would even be a fair offer for a number 1 dman who's just starting his prime years.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I wonder if the Bruins could be interested in Carl Gunnarsson? He may be a decent option for one year at $3.15M. He plays over 18 minutes per game.

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
I understand what you're saying, but I gotta think there are better options (well, not better players than Shattenkirk, but) that don't include robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak.

Would rather deal for a minute-muncher than a true #2 if it meant not killing the forward crew. And yes, I think moving Eriksson would kill a very delicate balance for the Bruins up front.

Curious on your thoughts there with Eriksson and what you mean by delicate balance.

I think Oshie is the kind of player Boston is looking for. I do think there's a risk at moving everything about, a poster said he and Marchand are the only Bruins wingers with >50 games in a B's jersey. He does alot for special teams on both sides as well. Does Oshie do much when it comes to PK? It's a pure salary swap in that regard so money isn't really an issue. I was pretty keen on doing an Eriksson for Oshie trade, but more I read from some people I respect and their thoughts (each way), makes me wonder if some people truly under value what Eriksson brings in total.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

FWIW, and from what Ive read, theres quite the popularity contest between Shat and Piet... Anyways, I don't see why the Blues would move Piet who is signed through 2019 I think?? to reduce cap troubles when they would have to turn around and resign Shat after next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad