Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Hillis will be back first, in a few weeks. Gogolev had surgery day after the injury so is in the 8-10 week rehab which would bring us to beginning of March.

Gotcha, was thinking they were both out long term for some reason. I was going to suggest an out of the box trade around Studnicka for Gogolev+Hillis (if the OSH-NIA trade falls through) as Guelph needs to win now. But if Hillis is back soon that helps.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Gotcha, was thinking they were both out long term for some reason. I was going to suggest an out of the box trade around Studnicka for Gogolev+Hillis (if the OSH-NIA trade falls through) as Guelph needs to win now. But if Hillis is back soon that helps.
looks like there's some hopin ta pkg. you Gogolev...back to the eastern twnshps..on a barge..... well... I watched the way your heart was on fire for Guelph .. and see your great potential... .. if they dump you... just sayin;.. thanks ..its a cold business world ... hope you stay ...but if you go ..hope you come back and bite their ashes..

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
looks like there's some hopin ta pkg. you Gogolev...back to the eastern twnshps..on a barge..... well... I watched the way your heart was on fire for Guelph .. and see your great potential... .. if they dump you... just sayin;.. thanks ..its a cold business world ... hope you stay ...but if you go ..hope you come back and bite their ashes..

Can someone translate

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Yes Hillis is gone till mid February, Gogolev is gone till maybe the playoffs.

People keep talking about a goalie upgrade but I ask you folks who is out there to get that is actually that much better than Poppy that it would be worth dropping even more assets to get?

To me there arent any teams that appear to be selling that has a goaltender so much better than Poppy that it's worth it.
Poppy had a bad game yesterday I'll give ya that but I've found over the past couple months most of the time hes been getting left out to dry by a weak defense. Already yesterday we could see defensively things will be better. Plus Samorukov is back this week.

I think now a centre is on the wish list. Saigeon would be perfect and a big OA upgrade over Poirier who showed the ugly side of his game again yesterday, surprised he didnt get 5 and a game.

A good centre is at the top of my wishlist now. If they can add another D great, especially if Hanley wont be ready to go come playoff time.

Reactions: Chico Maki

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yes Hillis is gone till mid February, Gogolev is gone till maybe the playoffs.

People keep talking about a goalie upgrade but I ask you folks who is out there to get that is actually that much better than Poppy that it would be worth dropping even more assets to get?

To me there arent any teams that appear to be selling that has a goaltender so much better than Poppy that it's worth it.
Poppy had a bad game yesterday I'll give ya that but I've found over the past couple months most of the time hes been getting left out to dry by a weak defense. Already yesterday we could see defensively things will be better. Plus Samorukov is back this week.

I think now a centre is on the wish list. Saigeon would be perfect and a big OA upgrade over Poirier who showed the ugly side of his game again yesterday, surprised he didnt get 5 and a game.

A good centre is at the top of my wishlist now. If they can add another D great, especially if Hanley wont be ready to go come playoff time.

If the Studnicka/Brassard to NIA trade happens, would the Gens consider moving Keyser? I would think no, but if you could get Keyser, he's by far the best goalie in the West

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
^^^All Oshawa goalies are the best. Whether you believe gensupdats or not, Poppy is not the goalie to make a deep playoff run with. Everyone talks about if defence gets better the goalie will be better - that is the wrong way of looking at it.

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
If the Studnicka/Brassard to NIA trade happens, would the Gens consider moving Keyser? I would think no, but if you could get Keyser, he's by far the best goalie in the West
Guelph/Oshawa should really look into this. Keyser would give them a bonafide number one who will likely not be next year and Oshawa gets a returning number one for next year.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
^^^All Oshawa goalies are the best. Whether you believe gensupdats or not, Poppy is not the goalie to make a deep playoff run with. Everyone talks about if defence gets better the goalie will be better - that is the wrong way of looking at it.

Most of the top goalies are in the East (UPL, DiPietro, Keyser, Jones). Being able to get Keyser to the West would give you a huge advantage

Keyser's a .931 save % (best in the OHL)

Other top West teams have:
-LDN Kooy (.918) or Raaymakers (.917)
-SAG Prosvetov (.902)
-SSM Villalta (.900)

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
hasn't necessarily been our experience... you couldn't possibly be a bit biased by your appetite eh?..whats your "goal" here.. to get WHO ...for WHO?..straight up YO!

Reactions: bobber

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
sure;...for hawel... Burnett... and Grant....oooooaaaa!...sorry Hawel.;.. but at least you can be re united with Primeau..
just remember though... I remember at least 2 Mem final games they lost by sending out the knuckle heads ...who got DUMB penalties in last period.... DUH EH?...have we learned that lesson..?..

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Most of the top goalies are in the East (UPL, DiPietro, Keyser, Jones). Being able to get Keyser to the West would give you a huge advantage

Keyser's a .931 save % (best in the OHL)

Other top West teams have:
-LDN Kooy (.918) or Raaymakers (.917)
-SAG Prosvetov (.902)
-SSM Villalta (.900)
Spot on. I like Guelph's chances a LOT more if they have Keyser in net. Just go watch him against WJC talent before he got sick and lost the gig to Primeau. I don't know why he doesn't get the love he deserves.

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Seems even with all of our trades last week, we're still falling behind with these trades that have been made and the ones coming.

GM MB better get on the move, or this will all be for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad