Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
I really feel like we could get some good use out of that Gogolev- Hawel - Toropchenko line again once Pavel returns.
Yes but we have a lot of season games before they are back for playoffs so we have to find a suloution that works better with what we have.
I would like to see Commisso and Ralph with another quality winger not what they have currently
I would also like to see Hawel and Schnarr with someone different. Suzuki should be rewarded when he is working so that the rest of the team know they have to play hard to earn ice. If they dont stick with this philosophy then no one is ever accountable and you have no control as a coach of how your team will perform.
Hoping for some solod goaltending as well.

Reactions: storm surge

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
Looks like the first period is the same goaltending as last game. Also, the effort level from the players is poor!

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Rangers up 3 0 at end of 1 with another called back. Hoping for a better show in the next two periods. So far seems the Storm has decided collectively not to show up. If that is the case it would be nice if they would tell us in advance.

Reactions: StormWatcher

thenumbersguy

Feb 14, 2010
This team is not championship quality, they won’t get by the 2nd round. They are not playing smart hockey. I think we are no better now than we were before the trade deadline. You can say what you want about players out of the lineup but unless they start pulling in the same direction and play smart simple hockey and win the battles it’s not going to change

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
Question to all storm fans. And I’m not trolling I want your honest opinions. With standings the way they are it looks like storm will play the attack. If that were to happen how many games do you think the series would go and do you give the attack any chance at upsetting the storm ?

Reactions: Living Vicariously

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Question to all storm fans. And I’m not trolling I want your honest opinions. With standings the way they are it looks like storm will play the attack. If that were to happen how many games do you think the series would go and do you give the attack any chance at upsetting the storm ?

All they have to do is work hard and they definitely could. It is apparent that the Storm right now feel that they do not have to work hard for the entire game and that because of their lineup they are entitled to two points from the get-go.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
All they have to do is work hard and they definitely could. It is apparent that the Storm right now feel that they do not have to work hard for the entire game and that because of their lineup they are entitled to two points from the get-go.
I'm amazed ..this team is bigger and more talented seems than Kitch..but they got punked on both those .. ?????

GloryDays

Feb 15, 2019
With only one game between now and next Friday hopefully the boys get in some quality practice time. 13 games to go...hopefully it's a "lucky 13"!

GloryDays

Feb 15, 2019
I've always wondered as well about the effectiveness of a lot of moves at the trade deadline...things that are immeasurable such as team chemistry. Who knows how it affects the remaining players to see teammates shipped out and others brought in. Just thinking out loud here...

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Burnett over values Gordeev. How does it make sense that he slotted into a top 6 forward spot last night as a D? Watching him try to get started on a rush was comical, skating in quicksand. I know there were too many D and short on forward but those line combos were a joke.

My guess is that if Guelph doesn't make it past round 2 of the playoffs Guelph will be shopping for a replacement bench boss and if it's true he passed on DiPietro he doesn't belong in the GM seat either.

Reactions: hocknow

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Burnett over values Gordeev. How does it make sense that he slotted into a top 6 forward spot last night as a D? Watching him try to get started on a rush was comical, skating in quicksand. I know there were too many D and short on forward but those line combos were a joke.

My guess is that if Guelph doesn't make it past round 2 of the playoffs Guelph will be shopping for a replacement bench boss and if it's true he passed on DiPietro he doesn't belong in the GM seat either.

He did pass on Dipietro because Windsor wanted Chayaka as part of the return.

Reactions: dirty12

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
He did pass on Dipietro because Windsor wanted Chayaka as part of the return.

But ultimately Ottawa did not give up their first rounder... so presumably an alternative deal could have been reached that made both sides happy. George had the assets.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
But ultimately Ottawa did not give up their first rounder... so presumably an alternative deal could have been reached that made both sides happy. George had the assets.

Ottawa didn't want to give up their 1st rounder,not sure if Windsor wanted him either,George had his chance think he blew it.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Ottawa didn't want to give up their 1st rounder,not sure if Windsor wanted him either,George had his chance think he blew it.

Right, so what I'm saying is that Guelph could have topped Ottawa's best offer without giving up Chayka. Neither Ottawa or Guelph were giving up their 2018 first rounders...

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Right, so what I'm saying is that Guelph could have topped Ottawa's best offer without giving up Chayka. Neither Ottawa or Guelph were giving up their 2018 first rounders...

I know if I am Guelph and Ottawa were to win it all,I would have regrets

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I know if I am Guelph and Ottawa were to win it all,I would have regrets

Legend... we are agreeing that Guelph should've traded for DiPietro. If you think the return was Chayka you've lost your mind. Ottawa isn't going to win it all after the DiPietro trade because they did nothing else. Guelph isn't going to win either by the looks of it.

Save the salt for the driveway.

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
Last night was terrible!
No game prep-coaching
line combos a joke- coaching
Ratcliffe and Toropchenko out of control- coaching
Lack of power play -coaching
Lack of puck movement and systems- coaching

See the trend???

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Last night was terrible!
No game prep-coaching
line combos a joke- coaching
Ratcliffe and Toropchenko out of control- coaching
Lack of power play -coaching
Lack of puck movement and systems- coaching

See the trend???

I thought that except for the 5 min major, the Storm PK was quite pedestrian all night. Rangers have a top PP, but the Storm PK made life quite easy for the Rangers.

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
I thought that except for the 5 min major, the Storm PK was quite pedestrian all night. Rangers have a top PP, but the Storm PK made life quite easy for the Rangers.
I was going to mention that as well, but got called away to bathe the dog! lol!

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
m'be.. they are still under the spell of the processes (coaching overview)..of battle plans or lack there-of.... during 1st half .. Didn't send the mind sets and schematics to Petes.. ... Need exorcism.. of influences and processes of pre Christmas "funky chicken "system".....game plans or lack there-of.. Even Radcliffe looked bewildered..even with size and talent abounding ... they looked over matched and intimidated.... oh well ... its a brand new day!.. s'go fellas!

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016

He absolutely over values Gordeev. I could not understand why we acquired him in the first place as he was brutal against us every game. Then I found out GB brought him to belleville/hamilton then to Flint as well BINGO. Same how he drafted Entwistle to Belleville/hamilton. GB just brings back his own. I have no idea why they would put gordeev on the 2nd forward line instead of one of the forwards. He looked brtual and was useless in that role

Last edited:

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Starting to get concerned with this team. No reason for such a close game with this team. Previously 8-2 and 6-2 victories, today could easily have been another lose. As Larry said on the post game show, "if you end up in fourth place you will be playing a team lower than you in the standings" We haven't beaten Erie, lost twice to kitchener, haven't beaten Windsor doesn't bode well.
Something has to be done to protect the goalies in the league. Great example today, Daws was run throughout the game, two goals he was flattened. He was also hit on other occasions. His penalty was warranted, the call was right, maybe a game misconduct rather than a match penalty, unless it is an automatic match penalty. Defensemen who challenge offenders are given roughing penalties and the guy that hit the goalie laughs all the way to the bench. These guys are lucky they don't play against Billy Smith, Gump Worsley or some of the others from that era.

Reactions: TrueBlueStorm

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Starting to get concerned with this team. No reason for such a close game with this team. Previously 8-2 and 6-2 victories, today could easily have been another lose. As Larry said on the post game show, "if you end up in fourth place you will be playing a team lower than you in the standings" We haven't beaten Erie, lost twice to kitchener, haven't beaten Windsor doesn't bode well.
Something has to be done to protect the goalies in the league. Great example today, Daws was run throughout the game, two goals he was flattened. He was also hit on other occasions. His penalty was warranted, the call was right, maybe a game misconduct rather than a match penalty, unless it is an automatic match penalty. Defensemen who challenge offenders are given roughing penalties and the guy that hit the goalie laughs all the way to the bench. These guys are lucky they don't play against Billy Smith, Gump Worsley or some of the others from that era.

I'm surprised Daws stayed in after the back of his head hit the crossbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad