Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
We have to stop digging ourselves into these holes and hoping we can claw our way back. Would be nice to be up on the scoreboard from the start to the end of each game.

Reactions: storm surge

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
We were a lot more animated in this forum when we did not have such a built up lineup. Lol. Any thoughts on the NHL Central Scouting mid season ratings? Keegan Stevenson rated about 147th and Gogolev about 198 in North American prospects with Nico Dawes 15th among N.A. goaltender prospects. Not sure that will get any of them drafted but Stevenson should at least get an invitation to a pro camp

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
We were a lot more animated in this forum when we did not have such a built up lineup. Lol. Any thoughts on the NHL Central Scouting mid season ratings? Keegan Stevenson rated about 147th and Gogolev about 198 in North American prospects with Nico Dawes 15th among N.A. goaltender prospects. Not sure that will get any of them drafted but Stevenson should at least get an invitation to a pro camp
I like Stevenson.. but no way heez better than Gogolev..not even close.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Fabbri a healthy scratch last night for the third straight game.

Injuries have really ruined him.

Does that close the book on everyone other than Bertuzzi being a NHL player? Such a great team to have no one make an NHL impact.

Reactions: three dog night

Molson Muscle

May 27, 2007
Jason Dickinson in Dallas and Ben Harper in Ottawa. Also Rychel is still trying to make a go of it and has had a couple of games in Calgary this year.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Jason Dickinson has 11 pts in 36 games with Dallas this year. He's been on their roster all season but missed a bit with injury.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

You know what they say, "If you don't have anything bad to say..." (c;

Surprised Gogolev wasn't drafted his draft year, but then again Pius Suter wasn't drafted so who knows.

Good on them all for making the list, hopefully it translates into hard work down the stretch. Has anyone seen any reports on injury status?

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Brock McGinn #21

Carolina Hurricanes
208-30-34-64
52 pim

Jason Dickinson in Dallas and Ben Harper in Ottawa. Also Rychel is still trying to make a go of it and has had a couple of games in Calgary this year.

Jason Dickinson has 11 pts in 36 games with Dallas this year. He's been on their roster all season but missed a bit with injury.

I mean, NHL player literally means "plays in the NHL", so yes, I stand corrected! Though, I don't see Harpur or Rychel as NHL players over the long-term. I loved them when they were here, and thought maybe there would be more for them than there has been in the NHL. Both seem like fringe NHL'ers at best.

That said, I meant more in terms of "impact" in the NHL. I admit, Dickinson is still on my radar but hasn't put up the numbers I had hoped. He's been mostly really good in the AHL, but in the NHL it's been pretty tough for him. I still hope he can make an impact. He too was a favourite of mine.

Brock McGinn is what he is. He's a lower line player who makes up for his lack of skill with his effort and his physicality. I don't see him as an impact player.

For fun, I just checked the 2014 Champion Oil King's roster to see if they had any bonafide NHLers and it's an even more resounding, "no"

Guess it's just hard to be an NHL player :)

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
Fabbri a healthy scratch last night for the third straight game.

Injuries have really ruined him.

Does that close the book on everyone other than Bertuzzi being a NHL player? Such a great team to have no one make an NHL impact.

2013/14
Guelph Storm
696 NHL games
229 points

London Knights
1944 NHL games
1040 points

Erie Otters
1263 NHL games
674 points

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I hear Roberts is back amd Commisso and Toropenko may be out with issues

What the hell... you are usually the bearer of good news hocknow. (c;
A healthy lineup by the playoffs is imperative.

And thanks for bringing up the Oil Kings RCS. Damn you. (c;

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Any chance we have a full lineup before playoffs start?
Hanley .. serious need... Gogolev.. a steadfast cautious recovery..maybe goal should be a good home ice playoff position.. steady as she goes.. ... get in at good level.. then ..open it up.

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
Hanley .. serious need... Gogolev.. a steadfast cautious recovery..maybe goal should be a good home ice playoff position.. steady as she goes.. ... get in at good level.. then ..open it up.
Long time petes fan here. Just wondering g if Merkley throwing a glove at a ref is new or is this part of his regular routine? This is hard to take. You’re lucky to get Gogalev. Good kid. Tough break.

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
I think the most important thing right now is practice and team bonding. That 2014 team had very little "big name" presence and I still believe Walkers secret recipe was a lot of Oxytocin.
Right now I don't see the juices flowing.. guys like Ralph are barely visible right now.
From the little I saw of him Gogolev looks like he could be the injection this team needs.. but he also can't be rushed back.

Anyway, the defense is scoring so maybe 2 D per powerplay is now in order?

Reactions: storm surge

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Long time petes fan here. Just wondering g if Merkley throwing a glove at a ref is new or is this part of his regular routine? This is hard to take. You’re lucky to get Gogalev. Good kid. Tough break.
suggest heavier harness .. slow in maturation.. ego sensitive.. move to center.. back up with 2 big mobile D.... time and patience should bear good fruit...IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad