Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I think the most important thing right now is practice and team bonding. That 2014 team had very little "big name" presence and I still believe Walkers secret recipe was a lot of Oxytocin.
Right now I don't see the juices flowing.. guys like Ralph are barely visible right now.
From the little I saw of him Gogolev looks like he could be the injection this team needs.. but he also can't be rushed back.

Anyway, the defense is scoring so maybe 2 D per powerplay is now in order?

Ralph is still adjusting to new linemates, probably the biggest shift for him as he and Kirwin had great chemistry. It is quite predictable that he would take a hit when Kirwin left, give it time...

Reactions: storm surge

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Has anyone heard if the game is still on for tonight? Just wondered, with the crazy snow and blowing today and also knowing the roads north of Fergus-Mt. Forest, if there were any rumblings of postponement.

Cynical Canadian

Nov 16, 2015
I highly doubt getting them to let their milk down will make them a better team.

I think the most important thing right now is practice and team bonding. That 2014 team had very little "big name" presence and I still believe Walkers secret recipe was a lot of Oxytocin.
Right now I don't see the juices flowing.. guys like Ralph are barely visible right now.
From the little I saw of him Gogolev looks like he could be the injection this team needs.. but he also can't be rushed back.

Anyway, the defense is scoring so maybe 2 D per powerplay is now in order?

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
It does many things but generally it's a bonding hormone that gets released when you feel close to people. It's said to be one of the strongest a human can produce and it will probably be a hugely researched within the next decade.

Cynical Canadian

Nov 16, 2015
I used it on alot of cattle over the years and they did not seem any cuddlier afterwards.

It does many things but generally it's a bonding hormone that gets released when you feel close to people. It's said to be one of the strongest a human can produce and it will probably be a hugely researched within the next decade.

Reactions: RoyalCitySlicker

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
I used it on alot of cattle over the years and they did not seem any cuddlier afterwards.

much needed laughs guys! Fudge is right though - there are some bonding properties associated with it - cattle snuggling notwithstanding.

Nice to see lighter moods in here after the last couple of years.

Good game tonight and pretty much a full house.

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
Dominating and decisive game tonight. Entwistle is looking more impressive every game, had some slick moves tonight.

Reactions: storm surge

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
Here's a NYT article dated 2012, it was a pretty new and interesting idea around the same time.
The 'Love Hormone' as Sports Enhancer
This one is 2013: The Love Hormone and Sports: Is Oxytocin the Ultimate Performance Enhancer? | The Oz Blog

Who knows if Scotty Walker tapped into this developing science intentionally or not, the point is Guelph had an edge in 2014, an edge over a Connor McDavid led Erie team and star studded, now NHL proven London team. Guelph completely trampled the competition. The marketing was constantly about brotherhood and how well the team gelled, the common consensus was "the team could coach themselves".

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Here's a NYT article dated 2012, it was a pretty new and interesting idea around the same time.
The 'Love Hormone' as Sports Enhancer
This one is 2013: The Love Hormone and Sports: Is Oxytocin the Ultimate Performance Enhancer? | The Oz Blog

Who knows if Scotty Walker tapped into this developing science intentionally or not, the point is Guelph had an edge in 2014, an edge over a Connor McDavid led Erie team and star studded, now NHL proven London team. Guelph completely trampled the competition. The marketing was constantly about brotherhood and how well the team gelled, the common consensus was "the team could coach themselves".

Fudgeo has a point.....

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
last 2-3 years too heavily weighed down in an ill defined narcissism.... This group are in a process of re forming a team identity based on individuals moving forward collectively ..more respective and defined in their individual group worth .. not dependent on a single ill defined play (er).. .. But a more cohesive group of valued contributors.... in other words // a TEAM..

Reactions: bobber

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Looks like quite a pathetic effort so far against 7th place Erie. 21 shots apiece and down 2 0 at the end of 2. Need a big third period

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Roberts and Hawel get late penalties in the last half of the third period after Guelph cuts the lead in half. Not a lot of discipline like against Niagara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad