World Cup: Group F: Sweden vs. South Korea, 6/18/2018

Result?

• Total voters

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
True. And they did not look like they were up for the task at all unless Mexico is going to win the World Cup. Mexico did look good though...
Germany had a ton of shots but they left themselves wide open for counters. And Mexico countered every other minute it seemed like.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Soccer is a fundamentally flawed sport in my opinion, it's way too easy to defend and obstruct the other team's attacks, and to just pass the ball around to avoid any real risks once you have the lead. Would be more fun if you weren't allowed to pass backwards before you cross the centre-line.

Reactions: ehhedler

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Wow that was some boring and low quality match. And how about the referee 50 fouls and only a couple of cards. I feel for the locals who pay good money to watch crap like this.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Soccer is a fundamentally flawed sport in my opinion, it's way too easy to defend and obstruct the other team's attacks, and to just pass the ball around to avoid any real risks once you have the lead. Would be more fun if you weren't allowed to pass backwards before you cross the centre-line.
Have the referees show yellows early in games for professionnal fouls would solve this in no time.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site

I believe it's @Stray Wasp who once suggested that coaches who have their teams play extremely negative football be executed at the end of the match to rectify this issue. :laugh:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The result basically means Germany must beat Sweden for sure. Given Sweden's general defensive posture that plays into their hands. Germany could very realistically lose that match, too.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This was a very boring match to watch if you were not a fan of either team. It wouldn't surprise me if neither South Korea nor Sweden scores again in this tournament. Sweden has their structure set, but they're quite pathetic up front. South Korea has some quality players, but they're not a good team either.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, it was some real "primitive" football, but at least we created chances. Korea was really bad, honestly, we gave them too much respect early on in the game and could've made it easier on ourselves than a VAR penalty goal. Especially if Forsberg wasn't so out of touch, which is concerning for upcoming games.

This is not a Swedish team that is built to carry a lot of ball, but ultimately had to in this game. We are more suited to defend and counter, and that is probably what will happen against Germany and Mexico.

Reactions: JBeast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad