World Cup: Group F: Sweden vs. South Korea, 6/18/2018

Result?

• Total voters

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Yay a goal

tenor.gif

Kind how I felt after the game. Boring game. Two pretty weak sides, fortunatly for us Swedes we got a great leader in Granqvist, which is the difference in this game.

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
Can we just get rid of AFC countries from World Cup? They are complete waste of time.

I know its their fault for failing their qualifications, but I hate that we get to see teams like South korea and Saudi Arabia instead of Italy, Chile and Netherlands.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Another embarrassment match. I don't understand why you wouldn't pick your best players, why you wouldn't play the best players on the team you pick, and why you come up with a strategy that doesn't fit the players on the pitch. Abomination

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I know its their fault for failing their qualifications, but I hate that we get to see teams like South korea and Saudi Arabia instead of Italy, Chile and Netherlands.

Maybe, they should've stopped bitching and they would've been in? I'm much more happy to knowing that bitches like Medel and Vidal are sitting home watching rather than playing.

Reactions: cgf

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If they qualify in their respective regions they deserves hella more.

Yeah, they should just give them the WC...

Y'all are hilarious. Chile do not deserve to be at the WC,Italy doesn't not deserve to be at the WC, Netherlands do not deserve to be at the WC. Only reason some want them is based on prior success or in some cases made up success. The WC doesn't work like that.

In any case, they all had ZERO chance at winning like any other nation not named Spain,Brasil,France,Germany and a much lesser extent Argentina. The rest might as well not show up based on your and others logic.

Reactions: cgf and ehhedler

Master Radishes

Nov 29, 2011
Can we just get rid of AFC countries from World Cup? They are complete waste of time.
Yeah, South Korea never makes the semifinals like Chile does. And we may as well just let Italy skip the group stage, since they always make it out without problems.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010

Yeah, but Italy couldn't beat this mediocre Swedish team.

Reactions: cgf

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah, hungary and romania are more deserving of being in the WC than the asian countries

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Even as someone who shits on the AFC, you absolutely need Asian teams in the World Cup.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Took some time to process this match, now time to rage-post.

Coach Shin is a dumbass. I'm not sure I would trust him with my Football Manager team. I would say he's mentally challenged, but that's an insult to the mentally challenged. His tactics and player selection are so dumb...

Kim Shin Wook sucks. A lot. Especially in open play. He's huge, but extremely slow, can't jump (frequently loses headers to smaller defenders), has the strength of a small child, and dribbles the ball like a drunk guy with MS. Why would you want to play him as a target man on the counterattack? He isn't fast or strong enough to get to long balls, and loses like 75% of them anyway. He kills any play moving forward. His only bearable attribute is that he's big and can sometimes get to a header in the box. He's a 75' substitute when you are down and need someone to pump balls to in the box.

Coach shit decides to play him for 75', then insert the 5'7 quick guy at the end of the match when we are looking to pump crosses in. f***ing hell. Take away the counterattack early, take away the cross late.

Why bunkerball? Sitting back and defending is what this teams worst possible strategy is. If you choose to go that route, why play players whose best attributes are playing up the pitch and pressing?? (Hwang and Koo) Makes no sense.

When in possession, no ability to find the final pass. Kimbo is the most skilled and natural 10 in the talent pool, and for what problems he has at every level (including PL) when given space he consistently finds ways to unlock the defense. Not picking him is nonsensical, even as a late game sub if you want to play bunkerball.

Why the nonstop coach Shit wingback obsession? In the final third, instead of putting the ball at the feet of your wingers, you let Korea's Division 3 level fullbacks bomb the ball into oblivion every possession.

Hong has been the best CB for several years now, yet he isn't even really tried by coach Shit and human trainwreck Jang plays AGAIN. For like the 50'th time. Holy f***.

At last the goaltending is fixed and not a tire fire anymore.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
South Korea with a really dreadful game. The skill on the ball non existent, the passing laughable. long balls that were amateur attempts. On one play the pass across was so bad a Korean player injured himself badly trying to get to the ball. The Korea team was so bad it ruined the viewing experience.

This is the inherent trouble in expansionist WC and its only going to get worse. You reduce the quality so much that the entire tournament is impacted and moreso because the group stage draw and bracket side is arguably more important than the actual games played. For instance how would Belgium have to advance to face an actual credible side?

The dilution results in group stage and brackets HEAVILY skewing how far clubs can go.

I mean Portugal and Spain played on the first day in a potential death match so other groups like the one Russia is in can further knockout ticket sales for Russia fans. meanwhile good clubs will already be going home.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
You have to expand the world cup to make it a more global game and because it is the 'world cup'. I think you just have to accept the fact that international football in general is shit. Even a team like Germany can look incohesive (though that's partly because Low is a bad coach but anyways).

It's exciting to watch because of the stakes but let's be honest, it's generally an ugly game.

Oh and Forsberg's finishing/passing was truly awful in this game even though he did get the ball in some good positions. Just dunno what happened to South Korea, they looked like the better team for 15 minutes or so then said f*** it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad