Post-Game Talk (GBU): Groundhog Day

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G:
There's nothing good to say when you're shut out 4-0 by the Bruins on a home opener.

B:
Nearly everyone
Passing, again
Decision making with the puck that's 100 times longer than Boston, an actual hockey team

U:
I actually can't do 2017-2018 again. I'll start watching and cheering on a junior hockey team or something.
Few hundred dollars for good seats on an anticipated game

Seriously, when do we actually get to get good, and cheer our team on?

Last edited:

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I don't know what bullshit Housley said in the presser, but he's now on a nuclear clock of about 20 games, and judging by the last coach firing, so is Botterill.

Last edited:
Reactions: debaser66

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I knew someone would bring up the "Boston was desperate after getting blown out last night" excuse.

That's pure garbage. These kids have quickly learned that they don't have to show up in order to receive their pay checks.

There was almost no "compete" out there, no desperation, no urgency...key players on this team appear to be problems; they are the only constant through this **** show.

Oh, and Housley can't be the coach of this team after Xmas. I wonder how long he'll last.
I don’t agree. I don’t think there is a single player in this team that is happy losing. I think Housley is the guy who is f***ing this team up. He couldn’t even adjust to the Bruins clogging up the neautral zone. I don’t think he learned anything after last year. He is the constant.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
What was Phil talking about with the "not going through this again" comment?

Presumably he means the pure crap we have seen can't continue to happen; the team plays like it hates each other and/or the coach or something like that. They don't just play poorly, they play dysfunctionally.

How Phil does something about that, I don't know. Are they going to trade Eichel? Seems unlikely.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I don't know what bull**** Housley said in the presser, but he's now on a nuclear clock of about 20 games, and judging by the last coach firing, so does Botterill.

Botterill will get more time, that's pretty much guaranteed. At the very least he'll get another shot at hiring a head coach.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Eichel was awful. So too Skinner. And Okposo and Girgensons. Sam played well but kept falling. Dahlin good. Maybe more when I get home.
Eichel needs proper coaching. He has as much offensive talent as anyone in the league not named McDavid, but he doesn't have the killer instincts, and he overthinks. He needs someone constantly reminding him how to be in beast mode.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Presumably he means the pure crap we have seen can't continue to happen; the team plays like it hates each other and/or the coach or something like that. They don't just play poorly, they play dysfunctionally.

How Phil does something about that, I don't know. Are they going to trade Eichel? Seems unlikely.
That's the weird thing. It almost sounds like he is predicting his own demise, since he would be the first logical one to replace. But perhaps the quote was just taken out of context?

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
G:
Dahlin
Scandella
Reinhart
Mitts
The amount of fans I heard in the 300s screaming that Beaulieu sucks

B:
Everyone else

U:
5v5 play
Beaulieu
Okposo
This sadsack franchise will never turn it around, will they?

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Think about that. No. No you don’t.

I went tonight. And I just left thinking ... meh ... 1st game. Not gonna get too down about the results tonight. They have things to work on. Sucks they lost. On to the next one.

It's not so much they lost as it is they didn't score a goal. That's just pathetic.

I can't understand why people would pay money to watch this team play. They had their home opener against a team that got battered the night before and they produce absolutely nothing.

Given their track record the past few years it's just absolutely awful on so many levels.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Think about that. No. No you don’t.

I went tonight. And I just left thinking ... meh ... 1st game. Not gonna get too down about the results tonight. They have things to work on. Sucks they lost. On to the next one.

I do appreciate your centered mentality to the Sabres, and I'm trying to evoke that.

This game was shellshock of 17-18 again. It sickens me to think I'll watch 81 more of that. As great as the top of the draft looks again, I don't really want to prospect watch this year. I want the god damn team to take a step, any kind of step, forward.

Reactions: Fezzy126 and Rasmi

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I was thinking of going to Monday's game...seems that may be a bad idea if I want to enjoy the final day of a long weekend.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
G: Dahlin and the few moments of ineffective pressure.

B: Shut out first game of the season and looked as slow and lost as ever.

U: From this moment on the sole purpose of the Sabres is to finish in last place.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Wow, we haven't won a season opener since the lockout season (5-2 vs Philly), and we've scored 6 goals in 6 season openers since!

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I do appreciate your centered mentality to the Sabres, and I'm trying to evoke that.
There's being level-headed and not jumping to conclusions, and then there's being unrealistic. I hope they prove me wrong, but this isn't the first game like this we've watched them play. It's [some] different players but the same product we've been watching for a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad