Post-Game Talk (GBU): Groundhog Day

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
They may have the best defensive shut down line in the league but the Capitals exposed them and their goaltending. Rask hasn't exactly been star studded his entire career, he fluctuates too much, Backes isn't the player he once was.

Rask has a Vezina and was the #1 goalie on a Cup Winner. I'd call that star-studded.

And you're placing FAR too much emphasis on one game where the Caps had roughly 3 games worth of adrenaline in them.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
B: Flipping through other games and realizing how much more cohesive even trash teams like the Sens and Red Wings look coming out of their zone and moving through the neutral zone.
Yeah, it's easy to notice that in our games if you choose to focus on the other team for a little while. Then again, they are playing us, so...

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Just score goals. It's so depressing to watch a team that can't score for the 6th year in a row.

I won't care that we have awful defensive zone lapses and give up lots of goals.

JUST SCORE, I can't enjoy a 3-0 loss or a 1-0 loss or a 2-1 loss. But a 4-3 or 5-4 loss? That's at least entertaining. And it's something we can build on. We're really, really young, we're supposed to be bad at defense, but as our players mature and grow into their roles they can learn that 200ft game that leads to championships. I feel like you can't teach the offensive side, you either have it or you don't and we don't.

Right now we have all of the stereotypical "young team" defensive problems and we have none of the offensive young team bonus.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
What was Phil talking about with the "not going through this again" comment?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Over-passing? That one has me a bit puzzled. Yeah, Jack had few......as did Blow-you.......

But by and large I didn't think we over-passed that much at all.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Eichel was awful. So too Skinner. And Okposo and Girgensons. Sam played well but kept falling. Dahlin good. Maybe more when I get home.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I don't like him as a coach but I don't think we have to go there

I mean, it's fairly relevant. Not so much the wife part, but Housley being completely passive and lifeless about everything. That's exactly how his team plays, no passion, urgency or liveliness.

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
New season, new players, same old sh*t. Play the first 2 periods like zombies then finally step it up in the 3rd when its already too late.

When you go out and get a whole bunch of new players and field a much better roster than the previous year, but start the season playing EXACTLY the way you did last year......that's on the coach. If the Sabres have 3 or less wins after 10 games, Housley needs to go.

Reactions: Awebz

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Same old same old. Housley needs to go.

I thought Okposo looked decent.

I am not gonna go nuclear after one game against a desperate bruins team but i am not gonna be patient for long.

I knew someone would bring up the "Boston was desperate after getting blown out last night" excuse.

That's pure garbage. These kids have quickly learned that they don't have to show up in order to receive their pay checks.

There was almost no "compete" out there, no desperation, no urgency...key players on this team appear to be problems; they are the only constant through this shit show.

Oh, and Housley can't be the coach of this team after Xmas. I wonder how long he'll last.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
People should whine.

Both Pegula’s franchises have been blanked the last time both have played.

Again, blanked.

Fans have a right to whine after watching the last two Buffalo sports franchises games.

It’s not a coincidence that both franchises continue to talk about culture change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad