Post-Game Talk (GBU): Groundhog Day

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I know it’s not saying much but Rasmus Dahlin is easily our best defenseman. This kid is going to be incredible.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
When I remembered today that Sabres were playing the Bruins, i was like. Bleh. I knew the Bruins would lul the Sabres to sleep. They always do. It was worse under Claude Julien. But this Bruins team is still mostly the same.

Bad way to start the season. Better put the region on suicide watch. the whiner line should be interesting tomorrow.

People should whine.

Both Pegula’s franchises have been blanked the last time both have played.

Again, blanked.

Fans have a right to whine after watching the last two Buffalo sports franchises games.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Jack wasn't good, but then again for 2 periods they kept putting him up against the best line in hockey.

That same line dominated Matthews in the playoffs.

At home the top line needs favourable match ups.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Sobotka was awful and his penalty led to a killer goal he was not good and did nothing.. Stop listing him as good.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm with you on this one. Bad way to start, but let's see what happens when they don't go up a SC contender who just got embarassed.

Saturday will be telling, IMO.
Not a chance that Bruins team is Stanley Cup contenders

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Jack wasn't good, but then again for 2 periods they kept putting him up against the best line in hockey.

That same line dominated Matthews in the playoffs.

At home the top line needs favourable match ups.

Yeah, I was openly questioning Housley on that one.

That said though -- who would be better to go up against them? Mitts' line isn't an option. Berglund's line? Our 4th line?

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Being dominated by the Sens would be worse. Or the Habs. Or the Canucks. Being dominated by a true SC contender? Meh.
I think none of the bottom dwellers had a worse opening night than us and Arizona.
Montreal played quite good yesterday, so did the Canucks.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Yeah, I was openly questioning Housley on that one.

That said though -- who would be better to go up against them? Mitts' line isn't an option. Berglund's line? Our 4th line?

We need to create a checking line.

It would probably feature Berglund, Sobotka and Girgensons.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
How aren't they? One of the best lines in hockey, if not the best. Good defense. Good goaltending. If they get a modicum of depth scoring, they're hard to beat.
They may have the best defensive shut down line in the league but the Capitals exposed them and their goaltending. Rask hasn't exactly been star studded his entire career, he fluctuates too much, Backes isn't the player he once was.

Reactions: Awebz

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
We need to create a checking line.

It would probably feature Berglund, Sobotka and Girgensons.

My only concern with going that route is that Bergy and Vladdy aren't exactly fleet of foot. Bergy looked like he was skating in quicksand tonight. Sobotka at least seemed average tonight.

Your option might be the best idea though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad