GDT: Ground Control | Boston Bruins vs. Winnipeg Jets 1/21 @ 1pm NESN(HD),98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
Wtf was that SO attempt by borque. Was he not paying attention to the previous shooters. Not sure why he attempted that given what seguin and Bergeron did

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
BTW... Did anyone see Lucic absolutely destroy the ref?

Yep.

Bet that ref takes some pain pills at the end of the day. He is covered head to toe in hockey pads like the guys Looch usually hits.

Looch laid on some heavy hist the whole game-pretty sure it isn't a good idea to lay the ref out though.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Missed this one as I was in class but seemed like the typical Bruin matinee. Never liked the shootout as a means to decide a game but two pts is two points in this NHL.

From the little I have been able to read here, Dougie seems to have had a nice game playing with Z??

23+ TOI, so much for easing him into things:)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'll rely on my 18 years of experience watching games in person and seeing a huge heaping of good and bad calls along the way. It was a penalty. Anyways, congrats going 2-0, good luck against the Rangers. :)

So then you remember when the Canucks were actually respectable and played the game the right way then?

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Was so nice to watch a live NESN Bruins game in HD on my TV for the first time since October 2011. Way too many DD commercials though, makes me jealous.

Great game. Johnson is a great 7th D, no complaints with him. Hamilton, again, looks like he fits in. Rask is making us all happy. Good stuff from this team, hope it continues.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I'll rely on my 18 years of experience watching games in person and seeing a huge heaping of good and bad calls along the way. It was a penalty. Anyways, congrats going 2-0, good luck against the Rangers. :)

All I know is; when Bergeron was tripped in game 7 of the finals. You know, when he scored on Luongo w/o shooting the puck? Can you remember that one?

That was actually a penalty.

Chara putting his arm out, back of his arm btw, that is not a "hold". The only way that was a penalty was if Wheeler didn't have the puck.

Talk to me in another 18 years.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
A scrappy battle for the 2 pts.

PK & Rask came up big.

Given that the Bruins are battling the afternoon game hex, any time they can win in the afternoon is sweet.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
A 2-0 start for the B's is great. Rask looks solid in net so far, and Dougie Hamilton is going to get better as the season goes on. Go Bruins Go!

Irish Bruin

Jul 31, 2012
Belfast, Ireland
I'm new to these boards but think it's cool that all the fans of different teams are on the one site.

Are we allowed to just banter away with them? Or can they get offended and get us banned?

Justin St Pierre

Dec 16, 2011
Highlight of the game was the kid picking something out his chicken nugget and making the face to end all faces. I hope there's a GIF image of that.

I'd sweat through all my clothes if Pavelec were on my team. He's a real adventure. Nearly got it done today with the help of his defense and a few missed shots by the Bruins. Tuukka Rask is soothing. He keeps me calm. I like him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm new to these boards but think it's cool that all the fans of different teams are on the one site.

Are we allowed to just banter away with them? Or can they get offended and get us banned?

Oh it`s not always as "cool" as it may appear Irish, check the board rules for conduct

welcome to the boards as well

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Rask looks solid in net so far,

I think Rask was tested a lot more today, and he looked good.

He had a couple of huge, huge saves although I think Pavalec had some huge ones as well. He always seems to play well against the Bruins.

I am curious to see Khodobin in a game, but definitely not on Wednesday.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Wtf was that SO attempt by borque. Was he not paying attention to the previous shooters. Not sure why he attempted that given what seguin and Bergeron did

Well.. If I was the goalie, and 2 guys just scored on me in a similar manner.. I would assume the third shooter would try something different thinking that I would think he was going to copy the first two shooters.

So maybe Bourque was trying to stay two steps ahead mentally? haha.

With that said, Pavelic was actually pretty strong in the SO despite the first two goals. he didn't bite on any of the fakes. Bergy and Seguin just flat out beat him with their shot speed.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Johnson was surprisingly good. He struggled in the Bs/Ps game.

Lucic was good. Krejci was great. Horton needs to cash.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
Thoughts:

Horton has been a pleasant surprise so far this year. That line just has so much more chemistry when he's on it.

When those pucks start going in for Seguin, man, watch out. He's a hell of a lot better physically now than he was as a rookie. Not just stronger but willing.

Johnson looks like nice depth. First game with the team, no screw ups, and a few offensive chances. Can't ask for more from the #7.

Dougie... man, the talent is just oozing off of him. When he gets the experience and bulks up, he'll be a beast.

The 3rd line was the worst for the team today. I know that Bourque is already the whipping boy, but I thought Peverley had a stinker, too. Kelly redeemed himself on the OT PK. I give them a week to get it together before looking for a new solution to the LW position on that line. Time's too short to stick with it for too long.

No Timmy, no problem. So far, the two Tuukka has given up have been on screens. Everything else is swallowed up or pushed aside.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH

Read the rules. You break them you take the risk of being banned. Usually, you get warnings and/or infractions first that lead up to it.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I would especially be wary of posting in other team forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad