GDT: Ground Control | Boston Bruins vs. Winnipeg Jets 1/21 @ 1pm NESN(HD),98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
It's been said but it's worth repeating; the game ending on the Jets hitting the post was the only fitting way for this game to end. Hamilton looks like he's having no issues at all adapting to the NHL game, hasn't looked out of place or over matched once in these 2 games. I expect we'll see some rookie yips at some point but so far couldn't be happier with his play.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Impressed by johson and dougie, bourque on the other hand is showing why he should continue in the ahl.

I actually didnt mind the PP all that much, we had some good looks just couldnt put the puck past pavelec. Ill give it another few games before start panicking.
Well deserved win.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa

I was on the Jets board earlier. I gave my view of the penalty replying to a Sens fans.. so no. I've had 2 infractions in my time here on the main boards (along with a bunch of others posters during a heated debate), otherwise when I post in other teams boards it's just my opinion, nothing more - nothing less.

Irish Bruin

Jul 31, 2012
Belfast, Ireland
Dougie definitely has the potential to be huge for this team in the future, and to do just nicely in the present.

I'm more interested in Bourque at the moment, considering I think he's the player with the most improving to be done. Will be interesting to see if he can do it.. especially given his background. I'm sure he has all the resources at home, hope he has the natural ability and drive to come up big for us.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
When those pucks start going in for Seguin, man, watch out. He's a hell of a lot better physically now than he was as a rookie. Not just stronger but willing.

I think he is looking so much better defensively and he is putting himself in better position to be available or intercept.

His back checking is better.

He is coming together and it appears that reports of Julien ruining him are wrong.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Dougie looked spectacular. If he keeps it up, he's going to pot his first goal pretty soon. Keep him with Chara!!

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I was on the Jets board earlier. I gave my view of the penalty replying to a Sens fans.. so no. I've had 2 infractions in my time here on the main boards (along with a bunch of others posters during a heated debate), otherwise when I post in other teams boards it's just my opinion, nothing more - nothing less.

Fine. Care to explain how Chara "held" Wheeler with his right arm tucked in? Because if you actually look at the replay from behind the net, it's 100% clear that Wheeler just leans too far/too much into Chara and falls on his ass.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Had to miss the OT and shootout because I had to leave for work. I can't wait to see Seguin's shootout goal. It sounded like it was a good one.

sjaustin77

Oct 28, 2007
I'll rely on my 18 years of experience watching games in person and seeing a huge heaping of good and bad calls along the way. It was a penalty. Anyways, congrats going 2-0, good luck against the Rangers. :)

Are you serious with this?

I bet the ref himself would say differently once he sees the replay. Wheeler was falling before Chara even touched him, which he is allowed to do on the puck carrier. He never held, tripped or made any other infraction.

It is one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Seguin now in the top 5 for plus/minus.

Though I think at least 2 of those "pluses" were him coming onto the ice on a change RIGHT as the previous line scored a goal :laugh:

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Fine. Care to explain how Chara "held" Wheeler with his right arm tucked in? Because if you actually look at the replay from behind the net, it's 100% clear that Wheeler just leans too far/too much into Chara and falls on his ass.

Simple.

The Bruins destroyed the Nucks in the finals.

THAT'S WHY, ok!!!

ryedog*

Exactly. That wasn't and should never be a penalty. Hopefully the refs just need to shake off a little rust is all. Though I know I'm not counting on it. :laugh:

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
McQuaid looked rough to me. Was falling a lot, looked sort of akward and lost at times, etc.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Don't sell yourself short!

Goom 35

May 16, 2009
Tense game. Bruins deserved this one.

Huge breakaway save by Rask to keep the game close in the early going.

PK was MASSIVE.

Rags will be desperate for a win but I see no reason why the B's can't keep this going. Looking good!:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad