GDT: Ground Control | Boston Bruins vs. Winnipeg Jets 1/21 @ 1pm NESN(HD),98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan the God*

Great game. Seguin is definitely a keeper. Can't believe how bad you guys owned the Leafs in that trade.

That call was awful in OT.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Well, a win is a win. Great to see such a strong defensive effort out of the gate. The offense will click better eventually. This game was a couple lucky bounces away from being a blowout in our favor.

Couple of thoughts:

1. Dougie looks great out there. Already better than Corvo, and looking to be a serviceable top 4 d-man already.

2. Chris Bourque is an adequate plug for the third line, but nothing more. His skating isn't the best, and neither is his size. I noticed him make a couple heads up passes today but I also felt like he spent a lot of time with his rear end on the ice. Definitely the biggest area of concern on the roster, but nothing that has proven to be too detrimental yet.

3. Tuukka is sweet goalie.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Aaron Johnson is a damn good 7th defenseman.

I agree.

I would rather have Seids in the line-up but he didn't do too badly and he had some real nice hits. Good pick up for defensive depth.

Borque still needs some time (he only had 1 week of training camp) IMO. However so far I am rather underwhelmed.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Bourque: hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been good enough.

Great games by a lot of guys. Seguin just looks phenomenal.

Lucic played physical, but he seemed to be a step behind the puck tonight.

Bourque, in his defense, moved the puck better, and immediately found seams better than anyone else on the PP. Other than that, yeah, not a whole lot. But after what his Dad gave me, I'm gonna give this kid a pass for a while.

Had he scored in the shootout, the place would have gone APE.

Agree on Seguin. Look like he's going to explode. What a riDONKulous release on the shots he missed. Looch will be ok. Horton is a step behind as well, hands aren't there yet.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I agree.

I would rather have Seids in the line-up but he didn't do too badly and he had some real nice hits. Good pick up for defensive depth.

Borque still needs some time (he only had 1 week of training camp) IMO. However so far I am rather underwhelmed.

He's been playing in Providence the entire year. He should be ahead of guys who haven't skated in 9 months.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Hey guys. I come to say that was a good game. A real tense one. Boston seems to bring out that edge in the Jets that is missing far too often. Loved to see Marchand get painted by Kane, though. :)

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
So far, Tuukka has been absolutely terrific, and Hamilton has surprised all of us. Keep him with Chara or put him back with Seids when he returns, whichever option, he's making huge difference already. With no posts that game he'd have a couple of points. Love how he mixes up our play with the puck movement and shots. His decision making, the biggest problem with him, has been great, and Chara/Seids have made up for his few mistakes. Johnson looked good as well, if Seids is available Wednesday I'd say sit McQuaid, he's struggling.

Seguin is following the same route as last year, couple of difficult games and some missed chances, but it won't be long until he explodes. Another great game by Chara and Bergy was spot on both sides of the ice. Off the norm by faceoff standards, but probably just a bad day for that.

Should have been 6-1, but I'll take it. :)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Dougie is turning into a great steal-can't believe the other teams let him fall back to the Bruins.

Chia had a ***** eating grin on his face the day he made that selection, and he is turning out to be pretty good.

I still expect growing pains, but in his first two games I have liked him better than Corvo or Kaberle.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
BTW... Did anyone see Lucic absolutely destroy the ref?

Sabres fans need to look at that. May want to show Ryan Miller, too.

That was hilarious. Dude has tunnel vision when he sees the puck. :laugh:

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
Yeah.

In mites.

Get a prescription TV.

Thanks.

I'll rely on my 18 years of experience watching games in person and seeing a huge heaping of good and bad calls along the way. It was a penalty. Anyways, congrats going 2-0, good luck against the Rangers. :)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
He's been playing in Providence the entire year. He should be ahead of guys who haven't skated in 9 months.

I was thinking more in terms of fitting in chemistry wise than being conditioned.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Kessels trade gave up our #2 dmen today and #1 right winger today:laugh:

Almost 24 minutes for Dougie I know a few thought he would be luckey to get that over 3 games he looks right in place.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
Guys, don't feed the bitter, bitter Nucks fan. He can't help it if he sees everything through the lens of diving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad