GDT: Ground Control | Boston Bruins vs. Winnipeg Jets 1/21 @ 1pm NESN(HD),98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins
CJ said Chris Bourque's play in the first two games "takes the doubt out of mind of whether he deserves to be here or not"^CS

:facepalm:

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I think he fits in just fine on that line. There's no better option right now that's available.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I don't really see the hate on Bourque. He's not lighting the lamp but he's also not actively screwing the Bruins. He's a 3rd line winger.. I'd say Peverley was equally ineffective today. Kelly was too until his penalty killing ability late in the 3rd and OT.. completely redeemed himself there.

Bourque was okay. If there's one thing he's good at, it's carrying the puck through the neutral zone. I'd go as far as saying he's one of the better forwards on the team able to do that. He's ineffective in the offensive zone because he gets pushed off the puck a little too easily but we're also only 2 games into the season. I'd give it at least 5 more before I start begging for Lane MacDermid, Sauve or Spooner.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
I don't really see the hate on Bourque. He's not lighting the lamp but he's also not actively screwing the Bruins. He's a 3rd line winger.. I'd say Peverley was equally ineffective today. Kelly was too until his penalty killing ability late in the 3rd and OT.. completely redeemed himself there.

Bourque was okay. If there's one thing he's good at, it's carrying the puck through the neutral zone. I'd go as far as saying he's one of the better forwards on the team able to do that. He's ineffective in the offensive zone because he gets pushed off the puck a little too easily but we're also only 2 games into the season. I'd give it at least 5 more before I start begging for Lane MacDermid, Sauve or Spooner.

I think i would be toned down if he wasn't on the struggling pp

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I totally agree with bruinsportugal I could not be happier with Hamilton so far . I also agree on Bourque but its early . I know you boys hate pouliot but bourque even if he improves wont do all the things that guy did well. Bourque could get plenty of points though and I know thats what a lot of you look at. krecji looks great to me ---hes playing with two guys that are showing some rust. Even though I say that im actually very happy with Horton hes five times better than after his last return, far less rusty than I expected him to be. I think the Bergy line might be carrying us soon---they are all skating great brad maybe a little rusty in a couple of areas . Defense I agree Mcquaid is a bit rusty but johnson isnt a big enough improvement not to let mcquaid work through it. Seids looked awesome to me game 1-- hopefully hes not out long . Rask looks very good but I cant say fantastic. The rest Id say good not great not rusty. Oh ya Paille looks very good to me.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I think i would be toned down if he wasn't on the struggling pp

Yeah I forget what exactly the PP lines are but I'm pretty sure Peverley isn't on any of the lines.

I think the Bourque experiment on the PP is because of his success in Providence. But it's not transitioning to the NHL so I would replace him with someone who can protect the puck in the corners if they are getting threatened.

Agree with you there

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Pretty good game overall. Winnipeg really matched our physical play well.

You can tell the guys who didn't play this off season, they will need to find their legs soon.

Hamilton has really impressed me with his first two games. Did not expect to this this type of play from him.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
krecji looks great to me ---hes playing with two guys that are showing some rust. Even though I say that im actually very happy with Horton hes five times better than after his last return, far less rusty than I expected him to be.

I totally agree with this.

Krejci is skating well and passing well, and that line has two guys who are still getting into game shape.

Horton IMO looks less rusty right now than he did when he came back from the Rome hit and while he looks Rusty, he is skating hard and looks very hungry. He is going to score soon.

Bergeron wasn't dominating at the dot like he usually does, but he was really playing well and I think that line is going to be lighting things up soon-although I suspect other teams who like to line match may be looking to shut that line down, which may provide more opportunity for the Krejci line to score.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
McQuaid looked rough to me. Was falling a lot, looked sort of akward and lost at times, etc.

To put McQuaid in context, he not only had two surgeries to remove his blood clot, they entailed removing one of his ribs and part of a muscle in his neck. For him to be playing in the NHL at this moment is astounding.

I'm not arguing that some more time might not be beneficial, but he deserves all the credit in the world for making it back on the ice that quickly.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I think he fits in just fine on that line. There's no better option right now that's available.

Agreed. Within the organization he's the best choice right now. I don't think he's been all that terrible either, not great and that line needs to get going but Bourque hasn't been atrocious.

And if the Bruins consider free agent route I like Daymond Langkow more than options like Rolston.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
To put McQuaid in context, he not only had two surgeries to remove his blood clot, they entailed removing one of his ribs and part of a muscle in his neck. For him to be playing in the NHL at this moment is astounding.

I'm not arguing that some more time might not be beneficial, but he deserves all the credit in the world for making it back on the ice that quickly.

Kudos to him and hockey players are awesome when it comes to that.. but he/the Bruins might want to think about having him rest a game or two (assuming Seidenberg comes back next game). Love the effort but having him trip over himself and just be fairly ineffective in general will bite the team in the ass sooner or later

Obviously not really an option with Seids down though.

Kosikarzzz

Mar 10, 2004
Windsor
Chara has been beast mode physically so far this year. Love seeing him get mean. Rather see Hamilton with chara but when your facing a team with a great top line like the rangers....I understand if Hamilton gets paired with Sieds so Chara & Boychuck can concentrate on what they have to do. Baby steps.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game.

I will take the win.

I haven't read through the thread yet and Sports radio only had football on on for the drive home ...What is up with Seids ? I heard "lower body" ???

Johnson did well.

Did anyone see what Marchy did to Byfuglien?

After a shift on the way back to the bench Marchy skated up to Buff and puffed his cheeks out like a blowfish...He did the a couple of times. I guess Marchy was telling him he noticed the extra pounds :laugh:

They played better against the Rangers but 2 points is good.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Left work early and plowed through on the PVR.

The Jets guys did not mention Seids, I REALLY hope it is just "day to day" and he is not rushed back. Today showed me we have issues on defense without him, he's a rock.

Adam McQuaid looks like a disaster area. I think he should have a seat, get healthy, and let Johnson play (who I thought looked alright).

Dougie Hamilton is going to be very, very, very good.

We hit how many posts? I counted 4 but stopped counting.

We are getting a bucket of chances, they will go in soon enough. We are going to throw up a touchdown within 2 weeks.

Seguin was flying today.

Anybody still want to trade David Krejci? He is motivated, skating hard and doing everything well. Without him in this lineup we have a massive hole (even IF you move Seguin to center).

There was a lot of edge to this game. The Jets are a tough match up for us. They play a grind it out, four line game and they have some size up front. They are a TOTAL pain in the ass to play against and I can't wait for them to move to the West.

Slightly glowing review of the Jets aside, I think with as few bounces we win this game 6-1.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Kudos to him and hockey players are awesome when it comes to that.. but he/the Bruins might want to think about having him rest a game or two (assuming Seidenberg comes back next game). Love the effort but having him trip over himself and just be fairly ineffective in general will bite the team in the ass sooner or later

Obviously not really an option with Seids down though.

I don't disagree, just wanted to give McQuaid credit. I think some people just aren't fully informed as to how serious that surgery was.

unifiedtheory

Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Just in from the game.

I will take the win.

I haven't read through the thread yet and Sports radio only had football on on for the drive home ...What is up with Seids ? I heard "lower body" ???

Johnson did well.

After a shift on the way back to the bench Marchy skated up to Buff and puffed his cheeks out like a blowfish...He did the a couple of times. I guess Marchy was telling him he noticed the extra pounds :laugh:

They are calling Seids "day to day". Probably a strain.

To be honest, I'd let him take as long as he wants. Rangers on Wednesday and the Islanders on Friday. We can let him sit a week and he would only miss those two games.

unifiedtheory

Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I don't disagree, just wanted to give McQuaid credit. I think some people just aren't fully informed as to how serious that surgery was.
I want to heap credit on him because he is playing his heart out. That said, he is putting himself into dangerous situations in my opinion. If Seids plays Wednesday I'd sit Adam until he is "right".

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Just in from the game.

I will take the win.

Johnson did well.

Seids is reportedly day to day and they hope to have him back for the next game.

That is just too funny about Marchand. :laugh: Y'know, he may be a pest, but he's got stones. So many so-called agitators hide behind the officials. Not him.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Left work early and plowed through on the PVR.

The Jets guys did not mention Seids, I REALLY hope it is just "day to day" and he is not rushed back. Today showed me we have issues on defense without him, he's a rock.

Adam McQuaid looks like a disaster area. I think he should have a seat, get healthy, and let Johnson play (who I thought looked alright).

Dougie Hamilton is going to be very, very, very good.

We hit how many posts? I counted 4 but stopped counting.

We are getting a bucket of chances, they will go in soon enough. We are going to throw up a touchdown within 2 weeks.

Seguin was flying today.

Anybody still want to trade David Krejci? He is motivated, skating hard and doing everything well. Without him in this lineup we have a massive hole (even IF you move Seguin to center).

There was a lot of edge to this game. The Jets are a tough match up for us. They play a grind it out, four line game and they have some size up front. They are a TOTAL pain in the ass to play against and I can't wait for them to move to the West.

Slightly glowing review of the Jets aside, I think with as few bounces we win this game 6-1.

5....yep, it should have been a blow out....but the bruins were not at their best. Too many defensive lapses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->