HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Bare prospect group? You might want to relook at that. They also have Easton Cowan coming up. "Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Easton Cowan was awarded the Red Tilson Trophy as the OHL's most outstanding player on Thursday. The London Knights forward finished with 34 goals, 62 assists and 96 points in 54 games in his sophomore season."
Corey Locke won that award, twice.

That dose of reality aside, Cowan is a nice prospect... But perhaps you misunderstood the word "group" :dunno:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Meh! Leafs were the better team in 5 of 7 games and still lost the series. They had a lead with less than 10 minutes left in Game 7.
A loss is a loss.

But they looked different this time. In the back end of the series for the first time ever, it looked like they leaned how to play playoff hockey. Too little too late but still.

That Knies guy is going to be a problem in the coming years. He’s a player man.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
A loss is a loss.

But they looked different this time. In the back end of the series for the first time ever, it looked like they leaned how to play playoff hockey. Too little too late but still.

Leafs have lost 6 straight Game 7s. This Bruins team looked cooked (nervous, sluggish, couldn't convert a pass) and Leafs couldn't finish them off. It's another year off their championship window that they didn't make it out of the 1st round.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Leafs have lost 6 straight Game 7s. This Bruins team looked cooked (nervous, sluggish, couldn't convert a pass) and Leafs couldn't finish them off. It's another year off their championship window that they didn't make it out of the 1st round.
Yep.

They need changes. Problem is that the NMCs prevent it. We’ll see if they can get around it. If not…

Btw, they haven’t beaten Boston since 1959. That’s unreal.

• Love
Reactions: The Real Timo

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Still wonder why there was no pokecheck by Samsonov....

As far as Leafs prospects, it resumes to Cowan and Minten so far. I'd envision them to be there next year. Could give them some kind of jump. But mostly could help them with the salary cap big time.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
On one hand you kind of have to give them credit for playing these last two games so tight. Shows maturity. On the other hand it's still probably kind of dangerous to try beating the Bruins at that game.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
A loss is a loss.

True. Still they were facing a terrible Bruins team.....but if I'm a Leafs fan, somehow, I feel that this year was totally not like any other year. I feel that they will go for another year. With more tweakings. Or they'll try to go to Marner and ask him to move....

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
True. Still they were facing a terrible Bruins team.....but if I'm a Leafs fan, somehow, I feel that this year was totally not like any other year. I feel that they will go for another year. With more tweakings. Or they'll try to go to Marner and ask him to move....
If they can somehow get rid of Marner/Tavares they could be a great playoff team. Big blueliner and maybe a power forward… there’s a good team there if they can get out from under those two deals.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
It's hard to get fair value when the player has all the leverage in deciding where he might accept to go and has a hefty contract that will likely require a big contract going the other way.

Leafs were so healthy all season until the playoffs began.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad