Confirmed with Link: Greg Pateryn for Ian Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It is possible that Guerin eats some of Cole's contract and flips him to Pittsburgh

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
They have to be planning on playing Cole offhand on the right side.

Cause Cole-Hunt is a monsterous downgrade from Soucy Pateryn.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Needed a thread. Mods - if you want to merge all the other posts into this, go for it.

Reactions: TaLoN

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Pretty damn embarrassing to be making a trade right now for a non-center option.

Feels like a poor trade once again. Guerin seems to like 1-1 player trades which I don’t mind in theory but again we seem to be trading a player that fits in a defined role that the team doesn’t have a ton of options to replace. For a player who is thrust into a position that he doesn’t fit with players who are in a similar role.

If this trade comes at the expense of ice time for Soucy, this is just an awful move.

Reactions: 57special

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
I suppose it's not that big of a deal as both are gone at the end of the year and I think Ian Cole is an upgrade this season over Pateryn.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That most of the judgment of it should occur on TDL day.
Ok gotcha. It's possible but I doubt it. Can't really see how Cole gets a much bigger return that Pateryn would have.
This is basically the 3rd defensemen version of the Staal/Johansson trade.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Cole is still a very serviceable bottom 6 guy. Won’t be the defining factor in any victories, but still has some good shutdown qualities.

He unfortunately just became expendable as the young guys in the Colorado system (namely Byram and Timmins) are ready for ice time. Not to mention I can’t imagine Cole was wanting to sit in the press box when he still can be getting ice time somewhere else.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Makes no sense to me. Guerin is starting to scare me. So we now have 5 LHD, 2 RHD in the line up.:huh: Does he like Cole's beard better? Can he not stand the thought of extra cap space?
This, and the Staal trade have me completely baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad