Confirmed with Link: Greg Pateryn for Ian Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m just curious why he did this? Now we have 4 LD and 2 RD and Pateryn was playing wel to start the year. Why does every GM become infactuated with previous players that had in other organizations and find ways to bring them in? I think Cole’s a good player but I don’t get it

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Hmm not really sure what the play is here besides Cole having a relationship with Billy so perhaps he can retain him dirt cheap this off season if needed?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
no. Both are on their last year
my next guess is a handshake deal or some sorts but with COL? i dont see it. i was willing to back all his other moves as GM to some degree but im not seeing why this makes sense. i dont care too much as we can just slide one of our younger RHD in his spot, but whats the point unless they hate soucy maybe?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Do they need another LHD because they are moving one out like Soucy?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
my next guess is a handshake deal or some sorts but with COL? i dont see it. i was willing to back all his other moves as GM to some degree but im not seeing why this makes sense. i dont care too much as we can just slide one of our younger RHD in his spot, but whats the point unless they hate soucy maybe?
Cole is a good enough player to replace Pateryn's spot. My guess would be that Guerin wanted more "toughness".

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Cole is a good enough player to replace Pateryn's spot. My guess would be that Guerin wanted more "toughness".
i suppose that makes "sense". is this some weird way of "helping" the pp? another booming shot from the point because thats what we need?

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I think just selling high on Pateryn.
Pateryn has looked good so far and is 6'3 225 lbs RD.
Wasn't Cole in Pittsburgh with Guerin ......Hmmmmmm !
Honestly I think this is case. Grt what you can now before he gets hurt and trade off Cole if we come up short at deadline as opposed to hoping Pateryn keeps his value until then.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Honestly I think this is case. Grt what you can now before he gets hurt and trade off Cole if we come up short at deadline as opposed to hoping Pateryn keeps his value until then.
Pateryn is worth more than Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad