Confirmed with Link: Greg Pateryn for Ian Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
You don't think he's been focused on a C because he made a 3rd pairing swap? What logic is that?
My post was in response to the question as to why everyone was digging in to the trade / why everyone was going out of their way to find reasons to hate the trade.

I, personally, couldn't care less. Like I said, meh.

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Couldn't*, just FYI.

200.gif

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm just wondering which current or ex-Penguins player BG will target next? Because that seems to be his thing.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Why are people digging so deep for reasons to hate this trade? It's a relatively minor swap of bottom pairing dmen. Cole is a slightly better player. Avs get Pateryn but more importantly make room for Byram.
because pateryn was worth a 4th pick minimum! we need a pile of picks for judd to work his magic!

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
So Ian Cole isn’t worth a 4th minimum?

Also, I think you mean “at most”...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
He’s been focused on it fine; just hasn’t been competent about it.

He hasn't been incompetent either; I mean who was he going to trade for? The Staal for Johansson trade has its wrinkles, but Evason knew Johansson, Johansson doesn't have a limited trade clause and started moving entrenched veterans out. There wasn't a lot of centers either being moved around:

Evan Rodrigues
Filip Hallander
Colton Sceviour
Brandon Pirri
Brad Morrison
Lias Andersson
Nick Bonino
Nick Bjugstad
Max Domi

I mean, out of all of those Max Domi might have been the best? But even that was questionable.

He drafted Rossi and Khusnutdinov with the first two picks. What more can he do other than overpay for a center?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
if colorado wanted him should we hand out our players like halloween candy? i dont think so
I don’t even know what this means.

I mean, if we’re planning on trading. The conversation should start with the teams best player AND their first round pick. Shouldn’t it?!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
trading for Pateryn was about cap space for CO, nothing more. No clue what Guerin's motivation was.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
again IF and i believe we were doing them a favor why wouldn't you ask them to throw in a 4th pick? i sure as h3ll would. maybe thats why the wild have never sniffed the cup. i hear pens are looking for D.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
again IF and i believe we were doing them a favor why wouldn't you ask them to throw in a 4th pick? i sure as h3ll would. maybe thats why the wild have never sniffed the cup. i hear pens are looking for D.
Not the best move for BG. Probably emotionally attached

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
got any proof or just your gut?

From Tribune: A day after trade, defenseman Ian Cole steps into Wild lineup

"Wild General Manager Bill Guerin is familiar with Cole from their days in Pittsburgh, where the two won back-to-back Stanley Cups in 2016 and 2017, with Cole on the ice and Guerin in management. And the experience Cole provides from those championship runs was one of the reasons why he was appealing to the Wild."

And pretty apparent in Russo's Athletic article. Or if we're out of the playoff race to flip him for assets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zellmatic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->