Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-2020 Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
What was wrong with Rasmussen? Broken wrist/hand?

That's been the rumor. It's becoming concerning because I believe he's already had 2 surgeries on one of his wrists since he was drafted, and now hes sidelined again for a hand/wrist issue but I have no idea if they are related. Either way not a good sign for someone who was never exactly known for having plus hands to begin with

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
the slashed wrist injurys have happened forever and still the idiots running nhl havent invested in research to design some type of wrist protection which i guarantee would be easy to come up with if a bit of effort were put into it

while at the same time fining / suspending the hell out of guys that injure via slashes instead of giving them an oh well 2 minute minor

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
That's been the rumor. It's becoming concerning because I believe he's already had 2 surgeries on one of his wrists since he was drafted, and now hes sidelined again for a hand/wrist issue but I have no idea if they are related. Either way not a good sign for someone who was never exactly known for having plus hands to begin with

If someone broke his wrist with a slash, I doubt it's something we have to worry about as some sort of recurring issue. Outside of people hacking at him with their sticks, anyway.

the slashed wrist injurys have happened forever and still the idiots running nhl havent invested in research to design some type of wrist protection which i guarantee would be easy to come up with if a bit of effort were put into it

while at the same time fining / suspending the hell out of guys that injure via slashes instead of giving them an oh well 2 minute minor

Older gloves used to go significantly further up the forearm. Not sure the bit of padding there was a huge help, but it was something.

Reactions: MBH and lilidk

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

They have the tech. It's called longer gloves. My dad's hockey gloves went 1/3rd of the way up my forearm.
Today's players don't want it.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
They have the tech. It's called longer gloves. My dad's hockey gloves went 1/3rd of the way up my forearm.
Today's players don't want it.
obviously the players wont wear the longer gloves as they impede performance thusly its up to the league to invest in searching for a better option

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
obviously the players wont wear the longer gloves as they impede performance thusly its up to the league to invest in searching for a better option

Well, if you won't wear protection, there's nothing that can be done.
The internet is loaded with wrist protection for hockey and other sports.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

They don't use the thin kevlar sleeves in their wrist area. Most guys do wear them now on their legs, but again they seem unwilling to compromise that kind of movement in their wrist area. I don't think it is because we don't have safer options, they don't seem willing to put them on is really the bigger issue.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
He's absolutely wasted down there.
This should have been ****ing obvious.
He already regressed big-time in his sophomore pro year in Grand Rapids.
The Red Wings needed to be more proactive with him.
He is probably still nursing his old problem

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I don't think he would have been scratched if healthy.
Does anyone know why Hicketts didn't play today?

Playing 3 straight games on the road, not many players will play all 3 games. You have to give a few guys a night off and let some other players step in. Plus the Griffins brought in a few extra players for this purpose.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
When did they add Kevin Poulin to the team? Also, why is Comrie not playing in GR, or has he been that bad?

Christien

May 1, 2010
On Instagram Moritz was in Mannheim with some of his old teammates today. So not sure if he'll be back in time for tomorrow's game.

Reactions: SirloinUB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad