Grade the blockbuster trade

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for the :laugh:... second biggest of the day besides Drew Stafford saying he was going to show up at the first meeting in a track suit.

This confuses me as a justification... TM not only gave up BL, but one of the picks you'd use to replace him.

The pick we traded would likely be a superior player to Lemieux, likely. But getting young talent that's NHL ready speeds the process up. Another pick late in the first/ early in the second is generally years away. Not a big deal to me.

Last edited:

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
@AJonSports "Not surprised to see Brendan Lemieux involved in the Kane/Myers blockbuster. His agent (Claude) told the Sabres Brendan wasn't signing in BUF."

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
So when a cheapshot artist is playing against Reinhart, you want Armia and Myers to be on the ice rather than Kane and Bogosian?

Give me a break. The forum is too caught up on the value-focused Darcy mentality, and isn't looking at the bigger picture.

If this were about fights and cheapshots, I would want John Scott on the ice over any of those 4 players. But that's not what wins hockey games.

He means that when other teams put their best shutdown guys out against McEichel/Reinhart/whoever, putting out sheltered players with high offensive skill when the other team's shutdown guys have to rest leads to feasting on lower quality competition, therefore more goals

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
@AJonSports "Not surprised to see Brendan Lemieux involved in the Kane/Myers blockbuster. His agent (Claude) told the Sabres Brendan wasn't signing in BUF."

Wow. Glad we got rid of this.

And yet I was overreacting when I said kid had character problems last year.

leo2892

Jan 25, 2007
If this were about fights and cheapshots, I would want John Scott on the ice over any of those 4 players. But that's not what wins hockey games.

He means that when other teams put their best shutdown guys out against McEichel/Reinhart/whoever, putting out sheltered players with high offensive skill when the other team's shutdown guys have to rest leads to feasting on lower quality competition, therefore more goals

You want toughness and grit in the top two lines, not just the fourth line. This isn't about fights and cheapshots, it's about having people who can stand up for McEichel while contributing to the team.

We have lots of prospect depth. Armia's potential production can be replaced by Fasching/Compher/Baptiste. What we lacked was a winger who can score when other teams put their best shutdown guys on the ice, and Kane fills the void. I'd much rather see Kane in the line-up than Armia+Lemieux.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
kane will have to consistently score 35-40 and correct his attitude for this deal to even get a sniff of positive

not really... Kane needs to be an effective power forward goal scorer....
2 2nd tier prospects and a late 1st for the 4th overall pick/young 1st liner.... i'll do that any day.

For this deal to be positive, Bogosian has to fill Myers skates as a huge minute eating shutdown 2 way defensemen.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
2 prospects and a 1st for the 4th overall pick/young 1st liner.... i'll do that any day.

For this deal to be positive, Bogosian has to fill Myers skates as a huge minute eating shutdown 2 way defensemen.
Is Ennis a young first liner, cause those are the offensive numbers he's getting. Draft status six years ago means nothing.

ZeroPT*

Last time a young forward with attitude issues got dealt the Stars got a top 5 forward and The Kings got a cup.

Kane will be a complete beast.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
2 2nd tier prospects and a late 1st for the 4th overall pick/young 1st liner.... i'll do that any day.

I think your going to be waiting a while

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I have a feeling more people will be making 180's, No big deal. A deal like this takes time to process and sift through your feelings and how/if it benefits the team now and in the future. Plus, we won't really know if we "won" or "lost" the trade until next year. Time will tell.

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
Lemieux and Armia are prospects but unproven
Bogo a step down from Myers but still top 4 dman
Finally have a true first line Winger in Kane
Myers is who he is and has possibly peaked
Gave up a lot but we had the stockpile to work from
Could end up with best two players in the deal
Risky but very happy with the trade

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
You want toughness and grit in the top two lines, not just the fourth line. This isn't about fights and cheapshots, it's about having people who can stand up for McEichel while contributing to the team.

We have lots of prospect depth. Armia's potential production can be replaced by Fasching/Compher/Baptiste. What we lacked was a winger who can score when other teams put their best shutdown guys on the ice, and Kane fills the void. I'd much rather see Kane in the line-up than Armia+Lemieux.

I'd totally agree with this if not for all the baggage surrounding Kane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad