Grade the blockbuster trade

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Man, let's trade them back ennis and bogo and see if they'll give us back half our pipeline.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Murray probably likes bogo's game and hell, I do too.

We overpaid. Good players to get, though.

Sorta positive.

Clock

May 13, 2006
I feel like we lost a lot of good pieces for a pretty risky guy in Kane.

It's ballsy if nothing else.

I don't hate it but I'm not a fan right now.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I get all the positive reaction to this, but in my mind:

Myers > Bogosian. Bogo is Peg's #3 right now, and he's going to jump in and be Buffalo's #1?

Armia (former 1st), 1st, Lemieux (Former 2nd), and Stafford (worth a 2 in a trade) = 2 1sts, 2 2nds is way too much for a guy that has scored 30 once, and never 20 again in 6 years in the league.

Crazy bad value, even if Buffalo ends up with the best player in the deal in Kane, which I'm not sure about. This is like the Kings trade last year. I like the players, but not as much as I hate the cost.

Terrible trade. I can't help but wonder if this will be known as the trade that launched Winnipeg into perennial contender.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
A lot to give up.

All said and done, I believe we get the best two players in the deal, and possibly three should this ultimately lead us to one of McEichel.

Good trade.

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
I get all the positive reaction to this, but in my mind:

Myers > Bogosian. Bogo is Peg's #3 right now, and he's going to jump in and be Buffalo's #1?

Armia (former 1st), 1st, Lemieux (Former 2nd), and Stafford (worth a 2 in a trade) = 2 1sts, 2 2nds is way too much for a guy that has scored 30 once, and never 20 again in 6 years in the league.

Crazy bad value, even if Buffalo ends up with the best player in the deal in Kane, which I'm not sure about. This is like the Kings trade last year. I like the players, but not as much as I hate the cost.

Terrible trade. I can't help but wonder if this will be known as the trade that launched Winnipeg into perennial contender.

Agreed on every point. The more I think about it the more I hate this trade.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
We gave up a lot. We got a lot. 2 players who are young and proven. Not mad about the trade. The overreactions here are ridiculous

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Honestly, my initial reaction was "he'll no!!!!" But as I look at the deal I see why Murray does it.

Myers for Bogo is a wash for him. He might like Bogo from previous viewings and likes his ability.

What were we hoping for Armia to turn out? Well, I think Kane would be even better then that. I have trust that Kane is a huge piece for us in the future. Stafford was going to be moved. I'm not going to worry about the second we pick up for him in another deal.

Now Brendan is the interesting part. Murray said he was trying to deal all three seconds to move up last draft. Honestly, I don't think Murray was a huge fan of lemiuex. I really Sony. He felt like a hesitant pick at the time it was made.

I'm not hating it as much as I did. We got 2 NHLers. Two guys that can be on the team long term. We gave up 1 long term guaranteed piece in Myers and 3 unknowns plus Stafford for two long term nhl players.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Armia has 17 goals in 87 AHL games and is 21 years old. Those are pretty lackluster stats for a supposedly "elite goal scoring prospect".

Kane scored 30 goals in the NHL as a 20 year old.

Quantity for quality. I'm fine with the trade.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Jets fan here - kane plays hard every shift. He's more than willing to drop the gloves. I always thought he'd be amazing in the playoffs. Bogo plays a lot of ice time maybe the most on our team. Hits hard on occasion. Was very well liked in wpg as he's kind of a small town guy.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Armia has 17 goals in 87 AHL games and is 21 years old. Those are pretty lackluster stats for a supposedly "elite goal scoring prospect".

Kane scored 30 goals in the NHL as a 20 year old.

Quantity for quality. I'm fine with the trade.

But has Kane scored 30 goals since? Why does all of his teammates want him gone? Is he going to be gone every half season with injurys? And Bogo's a decent player but plays a more sheltered role then Myers. Plus Myers is coming into his own. It might look OK now but I can almost guarantee in a couple years this is going to haunt the Sabres huge

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
If you had asked me the easiest way for us to turn into Edmonton, this is the trade I would have told you

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00