Grade the blockbuster trade

bozybo

Aug 28, 2012
Flames Fan here You Guyz are Crazy imo Sabers killed that trade The winner of the deal is always the team who gets the best player and Kane is better than every player in that deal even while Kane is performing at his worst it will only get better gor you guys i voted overwhelmingly positive

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
I went sorta negative. If we didn't have to add Lemieux I would have been happy with this trade. Why did we have to add so many prospects??

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
But has Kane scored 30 goals since? Why does all of his teammates want him gone? Is he going to be gone every half season with injurys? And Bogo's a decent player but plays a more sheltered role then Myers. Plus Myers is coming into his own. It might look OK now but I can almost guarantee in a couple years this is going to haunt the Sabres huge

Kane 's EV goals per 60 are in incredibly elite company.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
I wish I knew more about Bogosian because this trade seems really one sided if he's not an acceptable replacement for Myers

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
I must say it is going to be fun watching Zadorov and Bogo physically destroy other teams top lines as soon as next year.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I'm in the sorta positive spectrum, just because I wasn't attached to the prospects really, and the last 1st means absolutely nothing to me.

Really don't understand the Myers + Bogo inclusion though.

Why not Stafford at 50% + Lemieux + 1st for Kane? Or is that farfetched.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
We got the two best players. What else is there to say?

Did we really get the two best players? We got a talented winger who gets hurt a lot and has such a bad attitude his teammates want him gone so I'm told. And a d man that plays a more sheltered game than Myers who plays against the other teams top players for 25 min a game. So who got the best player?

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
People who don't like the trade really need to read this

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/trading-for-evander-kane-is-a-smart-move/

Regardless, there’s an intriguing player here for some team. Over the years, Kane has developed into a more trustworthy defensive player, taking on increasingly tough minutes at evens and even emerging as a regular penalty-killer. That has a lot of value, particularly since he’s still contributing at a reasonable level offensively.

He’s an awfully useful player even if he never progresses an iota, but one gets the sense of untapped potential still lingering there. This is a guy who was a dynamic power-play scorer in junior, though he hasn’t shown it in the NHL yet; he’s also a guy who was a pretty big even-strength scorer at 20 and presumably might find that touch again in the right situation.

Marry that potential to an underrated two-way game and the Buffalo Sabres are going to be very, very happy.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
what does that matter? Fatigue? Kane makes the most of his playing time according to that stat

As far as I know, the standings are arranged by best performance per game played. If you are injured 20 games/season, you aren't contributing at all.

ZemgusWho

Jun 19, 2007
Denver
If you take out Lemieux, I might give it a passing grade. He's the piece I think that takes this from "gave up a lot" to "holy hell, he was worth all that?"

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
If you take out Lemieux, I might give it a passing grade. He's the piece I think that takes this from "gave up a lot" to "holy hell, he was worth all that?"

Says the guy with an Armia avi haha

I would rather lose a potential bottom six forward than a potential top 6 forward.

Though I think Armia would have been traded anyways, it was nice to see he had chemistry with Grigorenko and I hoped they would have produced in the NHL together.

leo2892

Jan 25, 2007
Love, love, LOVE this trade.

When McEichel and Reinhart are getting targeted by the other team, who do you want on the ice - Armia and Myers, or Kane and Bogosian?

Murray isn't trying to maximize value, people - he's building a championship team. Isn't this what we wanted out of our GM, and why we disliked Darcy? I don't see what Armia and Lemieux bring to the table that Compher, Fasching, Bailey, Baptiste, and Larsson don't.

A late first, Armia, and Lemieux aren't going to make or break this team. Kane and Bogosian are difference makers and are going to make this team tougher to play against. Period. Securing McEichel is just icing on the cake.

Bravo, GMTM.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
I voted sorta negative. I just don't understand why Myers and Bogo were necessary to include. My impression is that most people view them as holding very similar value. I'd be interested to know if, in the eyes of both GMs, which team that portion of the deal was meant to favor.

Armia, Lemeiux, 1st is a high price for Kane. But moving quantity for quality and picks/prospects for young NHLers are two of TM's stated directives. So I'm okay with that portion of the deal.

If Bogo and Myers is actually a push, this team is going to be much better for the next several years than it would have been otherwise.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Love, love, LOVE this trade.

When McEichel and Reinhart are getting targeted by the other team, who do you want on the ice - Armia and Myers, or Kane and Bogosian?

Murray isn't trying to maximize value, people - he's building a championship team. Isn't this what we wanted out of our GM, and why we disliked Darcy? I don't see what Armia and Lemieux bring to the table that Compher, Fasching, Bailey, Baptiste, and Larsson don't.

A late first, Armia, and Lemieux aren't going to make or break this team. Kane and Bogosian are difference makers and are going to make this team tougher to play against. Period. Securing McEichel is just icing on the cake.

Bravo, GMTM.
i say armia and Myers to that first question.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Says the guy with an Armia avi haha

I would rather lose a potential bottom six forward than a potential top 6 forward.

Though I think Armia would have been traded anyways, it was nice to see he had chemistry with Grigorenko and I hoped they would have produced in the NHL together.

I wish it was Grigo over Armia. Armia looks like hes about to break out, and Grigo will be expendable if we finish last.

I need time to soak this in. I haven't seen nearly enough Jets games to gauge the type of player Bogo is but I have to say I like his playing style.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I like Kane. Love Bogosian.

Not sure I like giving up Armia, Lemieux AND a 1st. Seems like one piece too many.

That said, Kane riding shotgun with McEichel or Reinhart is going to be studly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad