Grade the blockbuster trade

ZeroPT*

So then he can prove it to me next year. Until then I hate the TRADE. Nothing will make me jump on this feel good Evander Kane trade thing going on here.

On paper Tony Romo should have a Superbowl already the quality QB he is but advance stats aren't end all be all because he cant make it to a conference final.

Im tried of advance stats being the goto everything here. Thats only one side to a story.

You don't even know what the hell they're called. Those aren't even advanced stats. They're simple point calculations.

It boggles the mind.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Why again is Evander Kane reverting to a 4th line player? Because he wore a sweatsuit?

Or you just don't like black people?

No, Kane isn't becoming a fourth liner, he is equating valuing a complete game beyond simple points as being the same with only valuing fourth liners or pk guys. I would say he is unclear as to whether Kane fits in the fourth line category.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I'm not getting into your stupid point arguments but you do need points to get ahead in a game and if you cant put them up or help set them up your useless to the team unless you solely play on the PK or a 4th line shut down role and if it reverts to that then we just overpaid for the biggest bust in history.

Do you even know who Evander Kane is?

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Wanna play the "let's twist things to suit my narrative game"? Let's do it.

Kane is 44th in the whole league in ES scoring pace since the Thrashers relocated.
Between 2012 and 2014 Kane sits 35th at ES scoring pace.
Kane has 22 points in 37 games (50 point pace) playing with 3rd liners, a bum shoulder, a broken bone in his hand and a broken bone in his foot.
Since the move to Winnipeg, Kane scores 1.85 points over 60 minutes of ES ice time.
Kane ranks 82nd in NHL forwards PPG with over 100 games played.

See how easy it is?

See he sucks, he can't even score 2 points.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I'm not getting into your stupid point arguments but you do need points to get ahead in a game and if you cant put them up or help set them up your useless to the team unless you solely play on the PK or a 4th line shut down role and if it reverts to that then we just overpaid for the biggest bust in history.

You compared Kane to Stewart because points

You're the laughing stock of the board

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
So then he can prove it to me next year. Until then I hate the TRADE. Nothing will make me jump on this feel good Evander Kane trade thing going on here.

On paper Tony Romo should have a Superbowl already the quality QB he is but advance stats aren't end all be all because he cant make it to a conference final.

Im tried of advance stats being the goto everything here. Thats only one side to a story.

Huh? Even in your own hypothetical, that in theory should support you, you pick a team sport, where I would argue Romo is not even a top 5 qb, but anyway, a team sport that requires lots of guys being amazing at the right time, and because he didn't win the championship, advanced stats don't tell the whole story?

Fantastic.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville

Yeah lets compare a 23 year old hockey player to a 34 year old QB.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
You compared Kane to Stewart because points

You're the laughing stock of the board
I compared Kane to Stewart because you clowns can justify Kane returning to a 50 point form so if he can do that why cant Stewart. No one rides Stewart's jock.

but Points man... points....

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I compared Kane to Stewart because you clowns can justify Kane returning to a 50 point form so if he can do that why cant Stewart. No one rides Stewart's jock.

but Points man... points....

If you can't tell the difference between those 2 players by watching them for 30 seconds then go kick rocks.

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Time will tell won't it.

This isn't going to suddenly be Kane's achilles' heel for the rest of his career. I don't understand why you think the sky is falling here. Athletes get hurt and this isn't some crazy rare injury no one has ever heard of before. It would be extremely rare for him to not make a complete recovery.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Yeah lets compare a 23 year old hockey player to a 34 year old QB.

Not to mention that said 34 year old QB has played through far worse injuries than Kane's..........and actually had a really good year WHILE PLAYING WITH A BROKEN BACK.

Yet, Kane will never become anything more than a 4th liner because he had shoulder surgery.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
This isn't going to suddenly be Kane's achilles' heel for the rest of his career. I don't understand why you think the sky is falling here. Athletes get hurt and this isn't some crazy rare injury no one has ever heard of before. It would be extremely rare for him to not make a complete recovery.

Shhhhhhhh. You're letting facts get in the way of a good rant. :laugh:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
You guys say all Kane needs is a good center. So why cant Stewart return to form with a good young rookie center as well?

First, Kane hasn't really ever had a good center and has pretty much put up most of his points playing with guys like Wellwood and Lowry and other meh guys.

Secondly, Stewart is who he is at this age. A streaky scorer that goes invisible way too often. That is a charge that has NEVER ONCE been laid against Kane. Ever. Kane has taken as many shifts off in his career as Stewart does in one period.

Thirdly, Kane is every bit as good defensively as a guy like Girgensons....Stewart is allergic to the D-zone.

The two players aren't comparable except to say that they're black power-type forwards. That's where the comparison starts and ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad