Buffalo Bills Post-Draft Discussion

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • WR / TE

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • OL

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • DL

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB

• S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

This is the type of guy the Steelers have grabbed for years because everyone undervalues because of size, and then they just get production from that 3-4 edge spot

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I love the theme of replacing our expensive core special teams guys that were worthless at their actual positions with special teams guys with exciting upside at their actual positions.

Spector, Shorter, Solomon, Olofoshio >>>>> Neal, Matakevich, etc.

It's been long overdue, I can't believe how many roster spots we've wasted because we needed core teams guys

I know I know, I'm preaching to the choir here

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
It's been long overdue, I can't believe how many roster spots we've wasted because we needed core teams guys

I know I know, I'm preaching to the choir here
I'd like to think last year was a wakeup call.

Yes, you need core special teams guys. But when our secondary and LB corps were devastated by injury and we had to start bums off the street over Neal and Matakevich, that had to be the last straw.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
We've now made 7 picks, which was my high end for how many rookies I thought had a shot to make the team. Corner is the one spot where I could still see someone make it since McDermott is a CB whisperer. But otherwise, if we make these last 3 picks, I hope it's guys where we can definitively know by the end of camp what to do with them. Punter comes to mind. Kick returner as well. QB in hopes the bills QB proposal gets picked up? I guess that would be my 3 picks if I had to make these selections.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I really like all the defensive picks. A little disappointed with the lack of high end speed added to the offense in the draft. Though, at this point, we can safely say it’s not something Beane values much

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Beane declining to "double-dip" (starting to tire of that term) at WR has to mean that a vet trade or signing is coming maybe after June 1. Chark is my #1 at X to let Coleman simmer and chip in for a year. He had a decent year last year. Sutton rumblings are going to persist too.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Some guys left I have my eyes on:

90. Malik Washington, WR, Virginia (5-8, 191)​

Washington is undersized and needs to continue refining his route steps, but his explosive movements, rugged toughness and catch-point skills will make him a factor in the slot for an NFL offense. He also has the skill set to immediately contribute in the return game.
Husko Note: He has an ACL injury from high school. Wonder if there's a big medical red flag causing him to fall.

102. Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest (5-11, 193)​

Carson needs to prove he can stay healthy and be on the field for a full season, but he has the competitive athleticism and football IQ needed for coverage duties in the NFL. He offers inside-outside versatility and projects as an eventual NFL starter.

159. Jha’Quan Jackson, WR, Tulane (5-9, 188)​

Jackson is undersized and needs to stay off the injury report, but he offers both long speed and short-area quickness, along with the route instincts to create pockets of separation for his quarterback. He projects as an NFL slot with Day 1 value as a punt returner.

196. Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee (6-5, 246)​

Milton has the physical tools that scream first-round pick, but his passing instincts and ability to read the field are undeveloped. He is a project quarterback prospect, and some teams believe he will eventually transition to tight end in the NFL (similar path as Logan Thomas).

234. Ryan Rehkow, P, BYU (6-4, 235)​

A four-year starting punter at BYU, Rehkow finished No. 2 in the FBS with a 48.4 punting average in 2023. If that last name sounds familiar, it is because Ryan’s brother, Austin, spent time with the Buffalo Bills, New York Giants and Indianapolis Colts as a kicker.

Beane declining to "double-dip" (starting to tire of that term) at WR has to mean that a vet trade or signing is coming maybe after June 1. Chark is my #1 at X to let Coleman simmer and chip in for a year. He had a decent year last year. Sutton rumblings are going to persist too.
I wouldn't say it's a certainty. I'm sure they explore it, but only carrying 6 WR wouldn't be shocking (Coleman, Samuel, Shakir, Mack, Shorter, and then guys like Isabella/Hamler competing).

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

Washington is undersized and needs to continue refining his route steps, but his explosive movements, rugged toughness and catch-point skills will make him a factor in the slot for an NFL offense. He also has the skill set to immediately contribute in the return game.
Husko Note: He has an ACL injury from high school. Wonder if there's a big medical red flag causing him to fall.

Carson needs to prove he can stay healthy and be on the field for a full season, but he has the competitive athleticism and football IQ needed for coverage duties in the NFL. He offers inside-outside versatility and projects as an eventual NFL starter.

Jackson is undersized and needs to stay off the injury report, but he offers both long speed and short-area quickness, along with the route instincts to create pockets of separation for his quarterback. He projects as an NFL slot with Day 1 value as a punt returner.

Milton has the physical tools that scream first-round pick, but his passing instincts and ability to read the field are undeveloped. He is a project quarterback prospect, and some teams believe he will eventually transition to tight end in the NFL (similar path as Logan Thomas).

A four-year starting punter at BYU, Rehkow finished No. 2 in the FBS with a 48.4 punting average in 2023. If that last name sounds familiar, it is because Ryan’s brother, Austin, spent time with the Buffalo Bills, New York Giants and Indianapolis Colts as a kicker.

I wouldn't say it's a certainty. I'm sure they explore it, but only carrying 6 WR wouldn't be shocking (Coleman, Samuel, Shakir, Mack, Shorter, and then guys like Isabella/Hamler competing).
Shorter as WR5 feels way too sketchy for me. I don't think he will/should make the team tbh. I think a league average vet and a lower end vet are coming in.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca

I like:

OG Mahogany
DT Kristian Boyd
CB Stiggers
CB Devonshire

Reactions: Fezzy126

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I like big Michigan WR Cornelius Johnson in our final three. 61 games, 3rd most in UM history, so another P5 leader. 4.44 40. Has a couple career blocked punts. Good competition for Shorter.

He could be the Benford to Coleman's Elam [ducks]

EDIT: Adding Jordan Whittington as a backup plan. Decent size. P5 captain..."most respected guy in the locker room"-Sark. Played every WR spot. Former 5-star recruit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digable5

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
damn, Malik Washington to the Phins

Has anyone told McDaniel that he can only play 5 skill positions on the field at a time?

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
We've now made 7 picks, which was my high end for how many rookies I thought had a shot to make the team. Corner is the one spot where I could still see someone make it since McDermott is a CB whisperer. But otherwise, if we make these last 3 picks, I hope it's guys where we can definitively know by the end of camp what to do with them. Punter comes to mind. Kick returner as well. QB in hopes the bills QB proposal gets picked up? I guess that would be my 3 picks if I had to make these selections.

I could see any of the following positions having at least a fighter's chance of making the roster:
  • CB
  • Double dip at WR
  • P
  • Blocking TE
  • Developmental QB
  • Developmental OT

Why the f*** is this taking so long? Shouldn't these picks be coming in every 60 seconds at this point?

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Bills draft Tylan Grable. On the surface I don't love it, because I see next to no scenario where a 6th round OT can make the team. But let's dig deeper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad