Gotta pick one ... Canes next Captain

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I blame Williams for seemingly not being interested. And whatever totalkev calls himself these days. And Peters and Francis for not just making a decision. And Tripp for probably gushing about this at some point.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That's exactly my issue. You're basically locking Slavin and Aho out of it long term now, as stripping one of Faulk and Staal could look ugly down the road. Unless one of them isn't sticking around for more than a couple years I guess

On the flipside though, we have a very young team. Faulk, Skinner, Aho, Slavin, Necas, Rask, Lindholm, Pesce, Hanifin, etc.. all under 26. Other than selecting Williams, there was always going to be a case where pretty much all of these guys are locked out of it for the long haul no matter who they selected.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Very surprised by this. Not really a fan of the inclusion of Staal as captain. I know he's not his brother but he hasn't seemed to care much in the past. Maybe he's great in the room but I'm not always a huge fan of his effort on the ice.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Don't like it one bit. Would have gone Faulk be captain on game numbers ending in 0 and 5 Jordan be captain on game numbers ending in 2 and 8. Skinner can have games ending in 3. Williams doesn't want to be captain but maybe he'll do it just for games ending in 4. Then Aho and Slavin try out leadership for games ending in 6 and 9. then of course Derek ryan for 1 and 7. Then draw 5 names out of a hat for alternates. Then another 5 for alternates on the road. clearly we just have so much leadership

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Didnt even know you could do that, tbh. Don’t really like the decision.

Why couldn't you? Literally the only rules on captaincy in the NHL Rulebook are that there has to be either three A's or a C and two A's dressed/designated for the game and that a goalie can't wear a letter. Aside from that you could make the entire team co-captains and just pass the C around each game.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I like it. Sort of a forward and defense captain. Jordan does all the heavy lifting up front. Faulk has been in the league more than 2 years.

Reactions: Breakdowns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad