Gotta pick one ... Canes next Captain

BabchukCanon

Jan 18, 2011
Apex, NC
Interesting. I read Peters' recent comments on how impressed he is with Slavin off-ice (doesn't drink, married, disciplined, etc.). I've heard pretty much the opposite about Faulk. From that standpoint I would think it is an on-ice decision, but then you have Jordan who is half the competitor that Skinner is.

At the end of the day, if it gets Faulk re-signed I am cool with it.
This is legit too on Faulk. I know I have all these "I traveled with this guy" stories, but Faulk I actually have a good one. I sat behind him on an 8AM flight to Minneapolis the year that the All Star game was to Minny. We small talked a bit and I congratulated him about the All Star game and what not. Since I was originally on a 6am flight I asked if he had been on that one too and he said nah no way after last night (game the night before) he could do it because of drinking on the plane back. I can't remember if he drank that morning but you could see he was out late (which is explainable if they traveled back from wherever), but I also know the drinking eyes being only a few years older.

I would've loved Slavin as captain/alternate, as I think he's the type of player you want your kid to be like.

That said I still think Staal/Faulk/Skinner is a good combo. I think next year we roll the three headed monster with the alternate jersey. Staal home, Faulk away, Skinner in the thirds to just screw with everyone.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Why rip Luke when he's just saying the same thing 95 percent of us are saying?

I feel like Luke is treated the same way I am around here. He's right the vast majority of the time, but vilified for it. Canes coverage would suck without Luke. He's the only person holding anyone accountable.

I think you took my post a bit too seriously.

Reactions: Breakdowns

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
This is legit too on Faulk. I know I have all these "I traveled with this guy" stories, but Faulk I actually have a good one. I sat behind him on an 8AM flight to Minneapolis the year that the All Star game was to Minny. We small talked a bit and I congratulated him about the All Star game and what not. Since I was originally on a 6am flight I asked if he had been on that one too and he said nah no way after last night (game the night before) he could do it because of drinking on the plane back. I can't remember if he drank that morning but you could see he was out late (which is explainable if they traveled back from wherever), but I also know the drinking eyes being only a few years older.

I would've loved Slavin as captain/alternate, as I think he's the type of player you want your kid to be like.

That said I still think Staal/Faulk/Skinner is a good combo. I think next year we roll the three headed monster with the alternate jersey. Staal home, Faulk away, Skinner in the thirds to just screw with everyone.

That's not really surprising. Faulk seems like the prototypical cawlidge hawkey beautician that crushes nattys with the boys.

That being said, I don't think that really matters too much. Lots of respected letter-wearers in the NHL over the years have done some things you probably don't want your 11 year old son to know about. But just wait, he'll turn 18, go to college, and do half of those things without you knowing anyway.

Reactions: Breakdowns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad